• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

I guess I'd find that pretty annoying after the first few times. Do you feel they improved the online after the update or is it performing the same as before?
Can't really tell, only played few ranked games, before the update, most of my ranked matches have been great, with the occasional teleport fest. Didn't play much yesterday but all of the matches had good connection. Rematch option is pretty sweet though.

Hex

Banned
I think the solution here would be to ban people from matchmaking for a period of time if they go idle in-game. However, if you do that then farming scripts may just get more involved (they may just start moving around just enough to avoid the anti-idle script). LoL and Dota 2 have anti-idle protection and it mostly seems to work, although the circumstances are different.

Then again, if something like the toolassisted AI gets out there, it's probably a wrap unless Capcom really steps up their cheat prevention.

You will mainly have to worry about that on PC, and at that point you will just switch to PS4 only searches.

Amedo310

Because you can cheat that way.
Make a lobby and invite friend X (or alt account X) win until your heart is content or your wallet is full, whichever happens first.

Lol. I did this for unlocking Benimaru and Terry in XDZW. I used two accounts. One on a my desktop and the other on laptop. QQ cops caught on after 10 plus matches and block access to matches between my accounts.

Because you can cheat that way.
Make a lobby and invite friend X (or alt account X) win until your heart is content or your wallet is full, whichever happens first.
It just sucks that I only like to play against GAFers and friends, and apparently I don't get any FM for doing that.

Beckx

imagine getting all your dailies done in HS just by playing with friends or the 3x win streak for 10 gold, it'd be really easy to exploit

well, Halo Reach offered multiple different kinds of dailies, some in matchmaking, some in single player. You just had to be connected.

i mean since you can idle your way to FM the idea that cheating will be rampant otherwise is kinda silly.

Sayad

"It was the first time I'd publicised my work at Capcom," says Shigeno, from Capcom's main office in Osaka. "But I actually joined the company in 2007." Indeed, the 25-year-old has been a tester on the majority of Capcom's recent fighting games - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter x Tekken, and early iterations of Street Fighter 4 - searching for bugs in the code. A tester's hours are long and the work monotonously hard, but Shigeno had proved himself a diligent and useful asset. He was moved from bug-testing to work on Ultra Street Fighter 4's content analysis team, where he had to check the balancing of characters, ensuring that there were no moves that could be exploited by a skilled player to upset the game's fine-balance.

Development of Street Fighter 5 was well underway when Shigeno was called into a superior's office and given an extraordinary offer. Capcom, he was told, had taken notice of Shigeno's talent, not only at playing fighting games, but also at improving them. Would he consider, they asked, taking on the role of Battle Director on the company's flagship video game. "I felt honoured and grateful, of course," he says. "But, since that day, also constant pressure. My job is to improve Street Fighter's gameplay. Can you imagine? That is an enormous responsibility."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-the-tester-who-changed-street-fighter
From Eurogamer's article about Woshige, AKA the best thing that happened to SFV.

The amount of effort to get like a good detection rate of ppl that are actually farming fight money or deranking seems to be more than what it's worth, but who knows. They don't have a RQ solution yet so i doubt they're even thinking about derankers/farmers. The one good thing that they have going is that FM doesnt devalue anything that the other player is getting from it since there is no trading/economy.

Beckx

The amount of effort to get like a good detection rate of ppl that are actually farming fight money or deranking seems to be more than what it's worth, but who knows. They don't have a RQ solution yet so i doubt they're even thinking about derankers/farmers. The one good thing that they have going is that FM doesnt devalue anything that the other player is getting from it since there is no trading/economy.

yeah, since it's not a team game idlers should be very low on the priority list. take the win and move on.

do you guys think Capcom is aware of the ho-hum character models on sf5? and if so, do you think that the person in charge of the character models is too high-rank to just give em the boot to another project? cause i'm feeling that's the case.

Hex

Banned

Hex

Banned
marn already proclaiming he's the best alex worldwide
https://www.twitch.tv/marnorz

Marn being Marn.
Tell him Justin...wait I will tell him myself

I love how his stream monsters (Marnsters?) are all "Alex sucks he has no combos"
Learn to play the game chat rats.

ken and alex don't give me confidence for Urien or hell..Guile

oh god guile. he has so much hair.

Yeah but his hair is a flat top.
Not exactly flowy and wavy

Marn being Marn.
Tell him Justin...wait I will tell him myself

I love how his stream monsters (Marnsters?) are all "Alex sucks he has no combos"
Learn to play the game chat rats.

Yeah but his hair is a flat top.
Not exactly flowy and wavy

I pray for our sakes Capcom don't see this as a challenge to prove you wrong

do you guys think Capcom is aware of the ho-hum character models on sf5? and if so, do you think that the person in charge of the character models is too high-rank to just give em the boot to another project? cause i'm feeling that's the case.
I think you're one of a select few who cares more about how the characters look than how the game plays.
Why don't you get Fight Money for lobbies? :-/

Because Capgod knows lobbies are never worth it

*bow*

I think you're one of a select few who cares more about how the characters look than how the game plays.

*bow*

game plays fine to me. i don't see any glaring issues that i would be too technically concerned about at my skill level.

so i aim for the low hanging fruit of character models looking like ass. cause some of them do.

imagine getting all your dailies done in HS just by playing with friends or the 3x win streak for 10 gold, it'd be really easy to exploit
You can do dailies with friends. At least, I remember Dahbomb doing his win x7 quest once by me conceding to him 7 matches in a row.

Either way, who cares if people exploit to win their dailies? :p

*bow*
Worth what?

You can do dailies with friends. At least, I remember Dahbomb doing his win x7 quest once by me conceding to him 7 matches in a row.

Either way, who cares if people exploit to win their dailies? :p

hey I taught Dahbomb that exploit lol

I shouldn't have mentioned dailies, just meant the 3 wins gold bonus

hey I taught Dahbomb that exploit lol

I shouldn't have mentioned dailies, just meant the 3 wins gold bonus
Eh, if people want to take the time to concede 30 games in a row for 1 pack of cards, that seems reasonable to me.

That said, I can't figure out if Arena gives the 3 wins gold bonus. Dahbomb says it does, but I never get the memos.

CO_Andy

ken and alex don't give me confidence for Urien or hell..Guile

oh god guile. he has so much hair.
Guile's head looks fine in SFV.

25_storytrailer.jpg

BiggNife

SFV models are far from ho-hum, I'd say they're generally great

The only real issue is the hair, which really doesn't bother me but seems to really irk some people

BiggNife

Avatar bet that thats not what Guile's character model looks like in SFV ?

It will almost definitely be his story costume just like how Nash's story costume is his classic look.

Regardless, I strongly doubt they will mess with Guile's hair in any meaningful way if he's redesigned. It's way too iconic.

BiggNife

So what happened to Ken.

I mean, Ken's gi and blonde hair are still there, at least. Ken is unquestionably the most changed of the old cast, and is clearly more of an exception than the standard. And even then, they still kept iconic elements of his character.

Guile's brush top is probably one of the most recognizable street-fighter things period. Same with Bison's hat and Vega's vanity mask, both of which are retained in SFV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom