• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

How involved is Twitch with Capcom Pro Talk? Might be a dumb question but I never watched it before.

dbb841549135ce267ace4a38c1b61be7.png

Mike Ross and Adam (the producer guy who you can only hear) work for Twitch, and the show is filmed from Twitch's studios in SF.

Floe's family is rich, and I'm not sure he works.

Recently decided to learn Garchomp. His charge combos are harder than any trial in SF5. I'm not shitting you but holding X and inputting other commands is really goofy on a wiiu gamepad since all the buttons are so close together. Though I have found some pretty stylish looking combos, too bad damage scaling murders it.

Also I'm hyped for Frylock. I'm ready to stomp on people tomorrow and chop them in the neck.

Well charging attacks in Pokken would be easier if you just changed the controller bindings.

The question is would you be able to do that in a tournament setting? Do you even care about it in the first place?

Charging in general though would be easier on a stick though.

Well charging attacks in Pokken would be easier if you just changed the controller bindings.

The question is would you be able to do that in a tournament setting? Do you even care about it in the first place?

Charging in general though would be easier on a stick though.

I signed up for EVO, so might as well see it through. Plus I like the game so far. I wouldn't really style with those charge combos when it counts though, with Garchomp if you initiate a phase shift, you can have time to set up a charge projectile in field mode, and I'm liking his rhythm so far.

Sayad

Recently decided to learn Garchomp. His charge combos are harder than any trial in SF5. I'm not shitting you but holding X and inputting other commands is really goofy on a wiiu gamepad since all the buttons are so close together. Though I have found some pretty stylish looking combos, too bad damage scaling murders it.
Switch the button you have to hold to a shoulder button, makes pressing other buttons while holding one way easier.

Sayad

Ran into something that Capcom need to fix, people reducing their ranks to play against weaker opponent, either that or they're farming Fight Money. Played three games against the same player who didn't move, 3 games in the span of 30 minutes, so he probably turned off stand by and stopped the controller from turning of.

Anne

Ran into something that Capcom need to fix, people reducing their ranks to play against weaker opponent, either that or they're farming Fight Money. Played three games against the same player who didn't move, 3 games in the span of 30 minutes, so he probably turned off stand by and stopped the controller from turning of.

We got derankers already?

Sayad

We got derankers already?
Looks more like FM boosters, checked his profile and apparently he ran into another booster and started getting draw games... More than a 100 time out draw games. :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmsI3wYyk6Q&feature=youtu.be

So there are already enough people doing this to start running into each others this much! Have no problems with people exploiting Capcoms stone age systems, but if enough people do this Ranked will be unplayable.

Anne

Aren't they pretty much free points? Where's the problem with that?

Well I mean they'll inflate the ranks above where they end up for awhile, which is going to really devalue LP. I dunno what effect they'll have on matchmaking times. It's just not a fun thing to deal with too honestly. All around no bueno. It doesn't help if they do decide to play they'll just be shit stomping any low rank players and ruining that experience.

It's super shit. SFV's ranked matchmaking is super shit any way you cut it. I know they can start trying to just impose punishments, but I'd honestly rather see them start working on a much better rework for one of the bigger updates.

Sayad

Aren't they pretty much free points? Where's the problem with that?
Running into players who just sit there not moving when you're trying to play isn't fun. Ran into the Mika player 3 times when I was trying to get one last game before sleep last night. :(

Well I mean they'll inflate the ranks above where they end up for awhile, which is going to really devalue LP. I dunno what effect they'll have on matchmaking times. It's just not a fun thing to deal with too honestly. All around no bueno. It doesn't help if they do decide to play they'll just be shit stomping any low rank players and ruining that experience.

It's super shit. SFV's ranked matchmaking is super shit any way you cut it. I know they can start trying to just impose punishments, but I'd honestly rather see them start working on a much better rework for one of the bigger updates.

It's still early though. Players who try to boost their way to a high rank will just end up getting squished back to the minor leagues eventually. Let them get their cheesemint/trophy, then they'll get put into their place in due time.

Anne

It's still early though. Players who try to boost their way to a high rank will just end up getting squished back to the minor leagues eventually. Let them get their cheesemint/trophy, then they'll get put into their place in due time.

These people aren't boosting LP though, they are doing the opposite and that has its own negative effects we've seen in other games. The fact FM encourages it is pretty laughable.

Like I don't want to blow up Capcom super hard, I just feel like the all the combined systems of ranked matchmaking right now aren't working well. I'm not a designer and can't point to how to actually make something better, but I can say I'm not happy with what I'm seeing at the moment.

Sayad

They're not boosting ranks though, just FM to buy things once the store open, expect to see way more of them in SFV if this isn't addressed considering how important and grindy FM is. Still I expect this to be fixed along with the RQ problem... Maybe before since this could get in the way of Capcom making money.

These people aren't boosting LP though, they are doing the opposite and that has its own negative effects we've seen in other games. The fact FM encourages it is pretty laughable.

Like I don't want to blow up Capcom super hard, I just feel like the all the combined systems of ranked matchmaking right now aren't working well. I'm not a designer and can't point to how to actually make something better, but I can say I'm not happy with what I'm seeing at the moment.

They're not boosting ranks though, just FM to buy things once the store open, expect to see way more of them in SFV if this isn't addressed considering how important and grindy FM is. Still I expect this to be fixed along with the RQ problem... Maybe before since this could get in the way of Capcom making money.

So wait, is the problem that you both have with Fight Money, or with people lowering their rank to squash scrubs? Because I agree with the former, but the latter is nothing new.

Anne

So wait, is the problem that you both have with Fight Money, or with people lowering their rank to squash scrubs? Because I agree with the former, but the latter is nothing new.

Both. Deranking and smurfing is nothing new and will always exist, yeah I get that. The fact you earn FM for doing it and it's super easy to do? That's really annoying. I could just leave this running all night and probably wake up way down there with whatever FM it would earn me.

Sayad

Deranking is unavoidable, you can't really prevent that, Fight Money is Capcom's issue IDC, running into people who aren't playing while trying to play is shitty and increase the already large downtime between games in ranked, which is the thing I'm concerned about the most if this becomes more widespread(and it will if it isn't fixed, people need their free stuff).

NEO0MJ

Running into players who just sit there not moving when you're trying to play isn't fun. Ran into the Mika player 3 times when I was trying to get one last game before sleep last night. :(

I guess I'd find that pretty annoying after the first few times. Do you feel they improved the online after the update or is it performing the same as before?

I guess they can have it cut a match if one player does nothing for too long. Cutting FM from losers would be pretty unfair.

SlimXx

You already gain no FM from losses. The only benefit for these "derankers" is that it will be theoretically easier for them to beat lower LP opponents to gain FM than it would be for them to just play normally. It's a pretty weak way to try to gain FM more quickly. With the rate that Capcom is tossing out massive amounts of free FM from single player content like Story Mode and Challenges, someone gaining a few hundred extra by beating up on Rookies is inconsequential.

Now, people want Capcom to punish players for throwing games on purpose because it's boring to beat them? What if you beat someone that's just bad and never blocks. Should Capcom "do something" about them, too?

Just take your free win and move on.

Pompadour

How much FM do you get from a win in Ranked? it's 50 in Casual

50, I believe. People could just derank to the bottom and strictly play Casual if they just wanted FM as Casual matches you up based on LP. That's unfortunate for Casual but it theoretically shouldn't affect rank as grinding would be more efficient in Casual.

I also foresee Daily Challenges mitigating this a bit, too, whenever they get released. As of now fighting online is the worst way to get FM. Trying to cheese Hard Survival is a more efficient use of one's time.

Hex

Banned

Kumubou

I guess they can have it cut a match if one player does nothing for too long. Cutting FM from losers would be pretty unfair.
I think the solution here would be to ban people from matchmaking for a period of time if they go idle in-game. However, if you do that then farming scripts may just get more involved (they may just start moving around just enough to avoid the anti-idle script). LoL and Dota 2 have anti-idle protection and it mostly seems to work, although the circumstances are different.

Then again, if something like the toolassisted AI gets out there, it's probably a wrap unless Capcom really steps up their cheat prevention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom