• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

I am sad that Anime EVO has Blade Arcus for some reason and no Arcana Heart. Least it has Dengeki Ignition, Nitroplus, Koihime Enbu, and Vampire Savior in addition to the current ASW stuff. Should be a great tournament...but still Blade Arcus over Arcana? At least Arcana has players.
The games list isn't final -- there's some logistical issues that need to be worked out but there is a TO for AH3 now, so that looks likely. Hopefully someone can get goaded into running AP as well, which would bring the total to 13 games if both of those things happen... yikes.

It is time. SION.
Don't most people in Japan play on the Ringwide version still due to timing differences and the fact that it's on CRTs? I do know there are subtle changes (not in terms of balance but rather system internals) between the two releases (and international players would probably be more used to the all.net version, especially since the Steam version seems to be based on that). It's hard to explain but there definitely is a difference in timing (and that is not a fun adjustment period).

Can you pre-order on the euro store? I don't want to have to pay for it :E
The pre-order and have been live in Europe since Friday! Rare footage of Europe not getting shafted with an ArcSys release (and iirc the full game comes out 2 days later than the US version).

I'm learning Laura.

This is the fruits of tonight's training sesh. Been playing her for all of a day and I'm liking her.

http://youtu.be/dFH79k_rR14

Advice would be welcome.

Here's a ranked match set as Laura. Look how I progress the more the fight goes on. I can't believe I've only been playing her for a day and I can tangle with 1000 lp players. Still can't win with her but I'm not too far off.

http://youtu.be/w_zh360wFjU

The GG Revelator pre-order is up but I can't find the demo (if it's even up yet). On the app there's a "dl to PS4" option but it doesn't say demo and it just endlessly loads. On the PS4 store it just says "full game available in 60 days".

Shun

Don't most people in Japan play on the Ringwide version still due to timing differences and the fact that it's on CRTs? I do know there are subtle changes (not in terms of balance but rather system internals) between the two releases (and international players would probably be more used to the all.net version, especially since the Steam version seems to be based on that). It's hard to explain but there definitely is a difference in timing (and that is not a fun adjustment period).

For the places that have one. Yes for the players who care enough to compete at Transcendental Orchestra for MBAACC, and likely for other games too, since that is what whoever else plays MBAACC seriously left go to compete. GO1 (plays everything), eve, kou, emushi (BlazBlue/Koihime now), etc. Yu formerly to play SION but he's busy with Nobi and Tekken.

Transcendental Orchestra been doing qualifiers and the finals on Ringwide, but not every place still carries one unless you big enough to have the space for it or it is popular enough to stay in rotation. Some players outside of the centers that do have one do practice on a RingEdge2. Up north other than some dedicated retro machine a lot of it has been voted out in favor of RingEdge2 to save space and convenience, especially since many of the former players moved on to UNIEL, FCI, Koihime or other since a lot more play those.

The places the run it on RingWide have it like this and not everywhere has one in their rotation, or they used to have it but voted the game out and is in storage. Not in the best condition either.
Ce75eeKWEAAUGSN.jpg

I'm learning Laura.

This is the fruits of tonight's training sesh. Been playing her for all of a day and I'm liking her.

http://youtu.be/dFH79k_rR14

Advice would be welcome.

Here's a ranked match set as Laura. Look how I progress the more the fight goes on. I can't believe I've only been playing her for a day and I can tangle with 1000 lp players. Still can't win with her but I'm not too far off.

http://youtu.be/w_zh360wFjU

With Vega specifically, HP elbow (her anti-air command grab) is your best friend. It blows up all his wall jumps completely.

You barely ever quick rose in your matches. You should really do that, otherwise you're gonna be taking a lot of uneccessary mixups on your own wake up.

Laura has a command grab! It's really good and you should learn how to use it, especially when you're in their face and can tick grab off a st.lp or st.lk, or use it off a light elbow that hits and you're plus.

Good use of ex elbow to blow up his buttons, but be careful against other people that are more hesitant to press buttons in the neutral or are baiting the ex elbow since it's really unsafe.

Her ex fireball is her best move. On hit, you can force a reset cross under with st.mk after the ex fireball hits. On block, you're still plus and are free to continue your mixups. Watch some high level Laura videos online to see the cool stuff you can do off her resets.

For only one day, you definitely made a lot of progress as she's one of the more considerably complex characters in the game, especially if you want to be good with her.

Edit: Also, learn what you can do with her oki. St.hk is great after a knockdown with a throw or command grab, as well as walk forward st.mk, and f.hp -> hp if you have v-trigger to cancel it with. If you condition them to block you can even dash in throw/command grab or ex command grab as well.

I tried to do HP bolt but flugged it. I think I even whiffed it once or twice? Maybe wrong fight.

Quick rise, I try to hit it but it rarely comes out. I know it's PP or KK but they don't come out for me.

I tried to do HP bolt but flugged it. I think I even whiffed it once or twice?

Quick rise, I try to hit it but it rarely comes out. I know it's PP or KK but they don't come out for me.

You might just need to time it better. You can't do it too early or it'll whiff, or too late or else it won't come out and you'll be hit instead. Try going to the training room and setting Vega to keep doing his wall jump and learn how to time her AA command grab properly.

As for the quick rise

Quick Rise & Back Rise

At some point, you’re going to screw up, and you’re going to end up on your ass. When you do, you’re faced with a choice: remain on the ground until your character naturally stands up or perform what’s known as a ‘quick rise’. A quick rise does what you’d expect – you get up more quickly, which can either put you back into the action or put you back in danger depending on when and how you use it.

There are two types of quick rise:

In Place (As you hit the ground: Two Punch Buttons OR Down) – This makes your character get up where they fell. Simple.
Away (As you hit the ground: Two Kick Buttons OR Back) – Your character will back up from where they landed, then quick rise.
The only time you can’t quick rise is after being hit with a Critical Art (Super) attack. If you’re thrown, you can only quick Rise in place. Understanding and using this mechanic can save your bacon from eating a nasty combo right as you stand up.

Messiah

What would be different if I preorder from the EU store?! NA is cheaper and get the final release earlier! Are NA stuff un-shareable?!
You get charged close to release instead of immediately and can cancel the preorder in the EU store afaik.

NEO0MJ

What would be different if I preorder from the EU store?! NA is cheaper and get the final release earlier! Are NA stuff un-shareable?!

I don't have to pay from the EU store! Unlike the NA store they only charge you on release and if you don't have a credit card/enough funds they cancel the pre-order. I don't plan on buying it digital, but I want to try the demo.

Edit: also, isn't it a hassle to share games now? You can only play downloaded games on the console where your account is active?

Hag

I don't have to pay from the EU store! Unlike the NA store they only charge you on release and if you don't have a credit card/enough funds they cancel the pre-order. I don't plan on buying it digital, but I want to try the demo.

Edit: also, isn't it a hassle to share games now? You can only play downloaded games on the console where your account is active?

Wait, I can pre-order, cancel it before release and stilll play the demo?

do I need to put CC info on the account?

nope

Sharing games on PS4 works by whatever PS4 you have set as primary for your account. My friend and I share games so whatever I buy he gets and vice versa. The catch is that you can only play the content on your main account and not any other account on your system.

Sayad

Oh, didn't know about that! Was picking the game up digitally either way though.

Haven't tried sharing since PS3 days, have no idea how it works now.

I tried to do HP bolt but flugged it. I think I even whiffed it once or twice? Maybe wrong fight.

You might just need to time it better. You can't do it too early or it'll whiff, or too late or else it won't come out and you'll be hit instead. Try going to the training room and setting Vega to keep doing his wall jump and learn how to time her AA command grab properly.
For what it's worth, better Vegas will either bait out that type of anti-air special or time the wall dive in such a manner that the direction above you will be ambiguous, making it difficult to actually input it on the correct side regardless of auto-correct existing in this game. It's more reliable to simply backwards / neutral jump and use a good air-to-air normal; you'd be surprised how relatively easy it is and how much time you get to stuff all versions of those wall dives. Doesn't do as much damage obviously, but it establishes air control all the same and lowers the odds of failure, which is more important against those 'spammy' Vegas.

Really starting to enjoy messing with Jack-O. Might play her for realsies.

Need to test this stuff against other people though. I bet setting up some ghosts is pretty damn hard against someone who knows what they're doing.

How do I grind character levels in SFV? I need that yellow and black Laura alt with the brown skin! It unlocks at lv 25. Best Laura color besides the white JP exclusive.

How do I grind character levels in SFV? I need that yellow and black Laura alt with the brown skin! It unlocks at lv 25. Best Laura color besides the white JP exclusive.

Once you've done all the SP stuff I think it's just a matter of grinding online games. Wins get me around 250-500 XP depending on opponent's LP.

BadWolf

Once you've done all the SP stuff I think it's just a matter of grinding online games. Wins get me around 250-500 XP depending on opponent's LP.

Yup, both casual and ranked matches give experience.

Also, completing a character's trials takes them straight to level 8 if they were at zero.

NEO0MJ

『Inaba Resident』;200201170 said:
Sharing games on PS4 works by whatever PS4 you have set as primary for your account. My friend and I share games so whatever I buy he gets and vice versa. The catch is that you can only play the content on your main account and not any other account on your system.

I see. That's lame, I like my trophies!

Oh, didn't know about that! Was picking the game up digitally either way though.

Haven't tried sharing since PS3 days, have no idea how it works now.

Sony decided to curb sharing after how often people shared what they bought on PS3.

NEO0MJ

So, how many of the people here without an X1 tried Killer Instinct now that it's on PC and free to start?

does anyone in the company speak english? and isnt it pronounced koom?

I'll still make jokes though, its a necessity

I'm sure someone there speaks English. Plus, do you really think the way it's supposed to be pronounced matters? Not to mention it's still easy to twist.

anime

not even once

Look what you did Sayad, now Count B thinks bad of us :'(

BadWolf

Thanks for the heads up guys, set up an EU account and pre-ordered to try the GG demo. Will download when I get home.

Is it an online only and limited demo like the SFV beta or is it the type that stays on your PS4 and is playable offline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom