• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

bar01.PNG

Damn, was hoping that Cammy's drink was alcoholic.

:lol

Sayad

That's from the Eurogamer piece about him:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-30-the-tester-who-changed-street-fighter
Now that the game has been out for a few weeks Shigeno has been able to watch how players use each character in the wild. "There are some fights I've seen that have totally blown away my expectations for how to use a character," he says. "But at the same time, I've seen characters being used in ways that make me think people just haven't experimented enough yet. Like I say, we've worked to make sure we didn't put in ineffective moves. But that doesn't mean all the effective ways to use each move are immediately obvious."

Rhapsody

Banned
Can you explain this OS? I never got what was so crazy about it.

Old OS was you input a special, then end with down back and FD. The FD input should involve the button that executes the special. So an example as Ky, I could do 6321461PH for Ky's super. If the opponent pressed something in front of me, Ride the Lightning comes out to hit them. If they didn't FD comes out. Ironically, this got me killed when I did a sloppy fuzzy jump and got Greed Sever :V

New OS involves backdash, but is much more flexible. Basically backdash only comes out when the proximity stuff happens. At first, Nakamura tested this out with Johnny's f.S. If he did 44S, f.S came out when nothing happened. If something would trigger a block, backdash happened instead.

Then he found out you don't even need a normal. If you do 464, you get backdash to dodge a move or a walk back if nothing happens. You can do this input for the normal as well. So instead of 44S above, you can do 464S.

vsMIC

are there any news for the announced ps4 port of last blade 2? have not heard anything again after the reveal in december ... the wait is brutal.

really looking forward to it, even set up my old dreamcast again to play the game.

There's a Mewtwo though, that seems surprising. Thought he didn't get play
Mewtwo has consistently gotten buffs in the last...4 patches? He's pretty strong now. ESAM thinks he's top 15, and a Mewtwo got second place at NCR. I have been playing him a lot in For Glory recently, and he feels incredible compared to his garbage tier version on release.

That said, the Smash 4 tiers are all really close, and being "C" tier can still win you tournaments.

pizzacat

Banned
What about Lucas? I feel like he got buffed last patch (idk what are patch notes for last patch but just how I felt after playing him with friends a bit)

Where would Lucas be on a tier list

Infinite

What about Lucas? I feel like he got buffed last patch (idk what are patch notes for last patch but just how I felt after playing him with friends a bit)

Where would Lucas be on a tier list

mid tier. he's better than what people think (imo) but Ness still outshines him in most aspects save recovery. I think the only thing he needs now is to make his Nair non smashDI-able

That's Abadango. He's been playing Mewtwo recently in Japanese tournaments since patch 1.1.5 where metaknight got nerfed.

I vaguely remember seeing people saying a few things got shaken up with the latest patch. Nice to see Mewtwo being viable is one of them.

Mewtwo has consistently gotten buffs in the last...4 patches? He's pretty strong now. ESAM thinks he's top 15, and a Mewtwo got second place at NCR. I have been playing him a lot in For Glory recently, and he feels incredible compared to his garbage tier version on release.

That said, the Smash 4 tiers are all really close, and being "C" tier can still win you tournaments.

Yea, you mentioning it is the reason I'm surprised. You've been saying it for awhile, but it still felt like no one had really picked him up (not that I follow Smash 4 that closely), so it's cool to see him not only present in Top 8, but winning the whole tournament.

Line_HTX

it's drugged when you are not looking

You monster!

Old OS was you input a special, then end with down back and FD. The FD input should involve the button that executes the special. So an example as Ky, I could do 6321461PH for Ky's super. If the opponent pressed something in front of me, Ride the Lightning comes out to hit them. If they didn't FD comes out. Ironically, this got me killed when I did a sloppy fuzzy jump and got Greed Sever :V

New OS involves backdash, but is much more flexible. Basically backdash only comes out when the proximity stuff happens. At first, Nakamura tested this out with Johnny's f.S. If he did 44S, f.S came out when nothing happened. If something would trigger a block, backdash happened instead.

Then he found out you don't even need a normal. If you do 464, you get backdash to dodge a move or a walk back if nothing happens. You can do this input for the normal as well. So instead of 44S above, you can do 464S.

Wow. No need for a normal, what the fuuuckk...

Infinite

I vaguely remember seeing people saying a few things got shaken up with the latest patch. Nice to see Mewtwo being viable is one of them.

Yea, you mentioning it is the reason I'm surprised. You've been saying it for awhile, but it still felt like no one had really picked him up (not that I follow Smash 4 that closely), so it's cool to see him not only present in Top 8, but winning the whole tournament.
Yeah Mewtwo got buff the last patch and several top tiers got some key nerfs particularly Shiek and Metaknight. I felt like Mewtwo has been good like two patches ago but the weight was a serious issue and they managed to buff that and its ground speed in the most recent patch.

You may see a lot of midtiers get better results at nationals since the gatekeepers are weaker. I wanted the Kirby player to get top 8 and he was one bair or up smash away from it.

Yeah Mewtwo got buff the last patch and several top tiers got some key nerfs particularly Shiek and Metaknight. I felt like Mewtwo has been good like two patches ago but the weight was a serious issue and they managed to buff that and its ground speed in the most recent patch.

You may see a lot of midtiers get better results at nationals since the gatekeepers are weaker. I wanted the Kirby player to get top 8 and he was one bair or up smash away from it.
His weight changed by like...2. It doesn't matter.

Infinite

His weight changed by like...2. It doesn't matter.
It matters especially when you consider that a lot of the OD moves from the top tiers had their kbg or knockback nerfed and/or angles altered. Mewtwo is surviving shit he wouldn't have a patch ago at equivalent percents in actual matches.

It matters especially when you consider that a lot of the OD moves from the top tiers had their kbg or knockback nerfed and/or angles altered. Mewtwo is surviving shit he wouldn't have a patch ago at equivalent percents in actual matches.
Not enough to change his tier placement.

Sayad

What am I looking at?! o_O
I recognize parts that should belong to some mechs, but I can't make out a single full Mobile Suit there. Is that supposed to be a parts scrapyard?
9ovvu0I.gif

NEO0MJ

Looks like Astray Red is now such a dominant figure in the game that it will be all you see, kinda like Elphelt in GG (was she that bad?)

Seyavesh

junker guild is supreme

hopefully that means in the super offchance that i catch a gundam vs. video accidentally or something i get to hear the astray red theme again

Infinite

Yeah, because his hitboxes were fixed, his frame data was buffed, and he received multiple speed increases. Not because of a 2 point weight change.
Okay man. I never said Mewtwo is singlehandedly a better character exclusively because of the weight change in any of my posts. If you went back and reread it I said he was good two patches ago. You're arguing just to argue at this point.

I have no idea what's happening in this pic. Looks like Mecha threw up on each other.

It's just

latest

Copied over and over again.

I don't even know what they did to it because before I don't think anyone liked it. This is what happens when a game version never leaves arcades. All this tier list meta stuff happens just blows over without you ever knowing what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom