• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something about UWA?
I run two graphics cards. So immediately one is useless on a UWA. For that alone I wont even bother.
Is it? I'm a non native speaker and I learned of it like a decade ago.
You are pretty clearly fully fluent though. I wouldn't expect anyone at ASW to be. Not to mention with the writing differences, its even harder for a japanese speaker to see the connection

Would they seriously in this day and age not run things by an English speaker?

Imo they either knew and didn't care or did it on purpose.
why would they. They came up with a name (굼) which is pronounced koom, when they westernized the spelling as Kum could be read as cum to an english speaker. When in that process would they have though, better run this clearly asian name past an english speaker.

Kum is also the surname, her given name is Haehyun.

NEO0MJ

I run two graphics cards. So immediately one is useless on a UWA. For that alone I wont even bother.

A matter of principal? I can understand. I have yet to buy a Gearbox game :E

why would they. They came up with a name (굼) which is pronounced koom, when they westernized the spelling as Kum could be read as cum to an english speaker. When in that process would they have though, better run this clearly asian name past an english speaker.

Kum is also the surname, her given name is Haehyun.

They seem to be coming more in tune (relative to how they were) with the West so it's for them not to consider it is all.

So, how many of the people here without an X1 tried Killer Instinct now that it's on PC and free to start?

I downloaded it, but my stick doesn't work with the game so I didn't do much but fiddle around the options and take the benchmark test for online (I passed).

Would've tried harder to play but Saberwulf is the free character, ew.

tariniel

So, how many of the people here without an X1 tried Killer Instinct now that it's on PC and free to start?

I grabbed it, got my stick working with xoutput and did the dojo and some online games. I think the combo system is really fun, and breakers seem really hard. I ended up dropping $50 on the ultra pack with all the characters because the game feels very polished and I wanted to try other guys than Sabrewulf. I also was one of those people that posted "not buying an X1 but if it ever comes to PC..." so I felt like I had to honor that.

The completeness of features in the game really puts SFV to shame right now. The game has hit boxes and frame data available within the game itself, finding online games takes seconds, load times are short, the netcode has been fantastic. There's almost nothing bad to say about the game itself.

The players themselves have been a bit rude though, at least at the very bottom of Bronze league (where I got placed), 90% of the players I come up against taunt/teabag after victory. Congratulations that your level 50 character beat my level 4! Right now I'm struggling to find a character that fits my style, I've been reading every character page from ki.infil.net and trying them in practice mode. Right now I kind of like Orchid. I play M.Bison in SF4 & SFV if anyone has character suggestions.

I doubt I'll put in the time to get as good at this game as I am in Street Fighter but they really did a great job on it. My goal is to get at least Silver.

Astarte

Yup, the demo has all the Xrd chara's including Leo and such plus Johnny and Jam and Jack-O.

No Kum or Raven.

Even if Jam is considered ass she's still pretty fun. Hitting the lab with her in 4 hour sessions made me hate my hands

Why didn't they at least spell it "Geum"? <sigh>

Because they whoopsed unlike when they avoided Guilty Gear XXX
For real though I doubt that they cared.

anime

not even once

Haha yeah -fuckanimevan.gif-

shaowebb

The games list isn't final -- there's some logistical issues that need to be worked out but there is a TO for AH3 now, so that looks likely. Hopefully someone can get goaded into running AP as well, which would bring the total to 13 games if both of those things happen... yikes.
So wait..we may see Arcana Heart again? Hell yes! Arcana Tournies are super hype. Catching it at EVO on stream is the reason I ever looked into the title to begin with. I watched Dorothy vs Liesolotte or however you spell it and it was like this crazy projectile setup character flying all over vs a Jojo stand character that reminded me of D Bo. Just crazy stuff.

Here's hoping we see it. Aquapazza though...ehhhhhh. I tried, but I really couldn't find anything special in the movesets or system. Kind of reminded me of Vanguard Princess visually with how assists stayed on screen running around in the background distractingly. Greats will probably play it if he shows again. Dude plays all the anime and makes them all look awesome.

NEO0MJ

I downloaded it, but my stick doesn't work with the game so I didn't do much but fiddle around the options and take the benchmark test for online (I passed).

Would've tried harder to play but Saberwulf is the free character, ew.

Heh, no one likes the mut. Should have made the first free character of the season Jago, even if Wulf is also easy to play.

And you can play with your stick using Joy2Key.

The completeness of features in the game really puts SFV to shame right now. The game has hit boxes and frame data available within the game itself, finding online games takes seconds, load times are short, the netcode has been fantastic. There's almost nothing bad to say about the game itself.

Well, they had more than two years to get it right. Though yeah it's in a so much better state it's not even funny. I like that aside from providing all the frame data and details of the move they tell you how to make the most of it in all situation, in combos and outside of them.

Overall I feel western devs are more in tune with what fans want.

is the xrdr demo up? Gotta get on that today

Yep yep.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i4E3THdh.jpg

VariantX

Heh, no one likes the mut. Should have made the first free character of the season Jago, even if Wulf is also easy to play.

I'd wonder why is Jago not permanently free anyway and all other characters are cycled through? The dojo tutorials are built around him so you go and do your training with jago, start to get comfortable with jago, and now when you want to test out everything you learned, you cant because hes not available, but here's saberwulf tho. A character who dosen't feel or work anything like Jago so outside of the universal stuff, you're almost starting from scratch.

I'm now getting in the groove with stick and I think I've now exceeded my execution with pad. With pad I felt more limited and on stick, now that I'm used to it, I'm a lot more freeform with my combos? It's hard to explain. Sometimes I go pure heart with my combos and it just fucking works. I'm not mashing, but the stick feels like an extension of me. Is this normal?

Essentially I love stick and I don't think can go back now for better or worse.

Thanks for the heads up guys, set up an EU account and pre-ordered to try the GG demo. Will download when I get home.

Is it an online only and limited demo like the SFV beta or is it the type that stays on your PS4 and is playable offline?

It stays. The demo has no online functionality.

pizzacat

Banned
Thanks, just did it. I didn't even let the download finish but I guess I'll be fine

Also got amplitude since I was already on the website and saw that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom