• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzacat

Banned
color 14 unlocked by lvl 30
Color 15 unlocked by lvl 50
Really? Where can I see these?

Wrong thread LMAO!

Can't wait Guile this month.
Q2h2oSN.jpg

vocab

Win10, and the xbox app is pretty much bigger issues that bog down a well made game. How do you make something worse than gfwl? Jesus fucking christ.

pixelish

evo 2016 pools to be run on friday and saturday.
with probably 4k+ people enterring evo for sfv alone, i really can't see how they can run pools > top 8 in a single day. good move by wizard on that part.
Joey Cuellar ‏@EvilMrWizard 42m
Just as a FYI, Evo 2016 SFV pools will run both Friday and Saturday this year. #Evo2016

So this epidemiology class i'm taking has inspired me to try and take on an endeavor that has long been in the back of my mind:

Does being on the 1st or 2nd player side affect tournament placings?

i kinda want to tabulate the win rates based on a player starting on 1st player side and the other on the 2nd player side. it would take me watching all recorded matches and seeing if the player won the rounds and sets.

to account for confounding, eventually it could be broken down to different games or genres (anime vs regular). character type (charge vs command), and even controller type (stick vs pad).

of course people who go to tournaments are generally more motivated to improve their execution so it could introduce some bias into the study...

Tripon

So this epidemiology class i'm taking has inspired me to try and take on an endeavor that has long been in the back of my mind:

i kinda want to tabulate the win rates based on a player starting on 1st player side and the other on the 2nd player side. it would take me watching all recorded matches and seeing if the player won the rounds and sets.

to account for confounding, eventually it could be broken down to different games or genres (anime vs regular). character type (charge vs command), and even controller type (stick vs pad).

of course people who go to tournaments are generally more motivated to improve their execution so it could introduce some bias into the study...
It does if you are Apology man.

Clawww

evo 2016 pools to be run on friday and saturday.
with probably 4k+ people enterring evo for sfv alone, i really can't see how they can run pools > top 8 in a single day. good move by wizard on that part.

going 0-2 on friday just became way more legit

Kumubou

You would need to control for games that have P1/P2 biases. A bunch of older games have setups that only work on the P1 or P2 side. It can be drastic enough to affect tier placement, like with Duck King in FFRBS or V.Sion in MBAC. UMK3 has the "best" example of this since it gives hit trade advantage to one player randomly each round (so that one player always wins trade situations), but in turn there's a really goofy mechanic that allows the other player to do some combos that the player with trade advantage can't.

miku

I know Daigo and Mago prefer playing on the 2P side :3

You would need to control for games that have P1/P2 biases. A bunch of older games have setups that only work on the P1 or P2 side. It can be drastic enough to affect tier placement, like with Duck King in FFRBS or V.Sion in MBAC. UMK3 has the "best" example of this since it gives hit trade advantage to one player randomly each round (so that one player always wins trade situations), but in turn there's a really goofy mechanic that allows the other player to do some combos that the player with trade advantage can't.

I know Daigo and Mago prefer playing on the 2P side :3

>:C

Kumubou

Some of the rooms are literally overlooking the venue area.
This actually sounds hype as hell. Are people going to be yelling into the venue to get people to come see them in random ass games? Reminds me of the old NEC venue, which had an open arrangement and from the ballroom doors you could see every room in the place. Made it real easy to find casuals for random-ass games.

I see. That's lame, I like my trophies!

Late reply but I don't think I explained it well enough. You can only play the games on the account that you personally use. So for example, since I decided to share games with my friend, my brother wouldn't be able to play those games if he signed into an account that wasn't my own on my PS4. Only one account on the PS4 would be able to play those games so you can still get trophies.

Tripon

Somebody asked earlier what the ruleset for Pokken is. EVO just updated their ruleset.

POKKEN TOURNAMENT

Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
Game Settings: LAN Mode, Skill=Off, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Stadium Only
Loser of last match may change fighter Pokemon
Both players may change assist sets and cheer type between matches

http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

I don't have the game so I'm not sure why the only stage is Stadium.

Edit:

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters Capcom Fighters is live.

Beats

Somebody asked earlier what the ruleset for Pokken is. EVO just updated their ruleset.

http://evo.shoryuken.com/additional-rules/

Stages have different sizes and meter powerup appearance/distribution rates on the field and it's either Random or Stadium when "picking" stages in LAN Mode. Not really sure why it's like that. There's nothing really broken about the other stages so I'm guessing not having the ability to choose what the players want to play on made them go with Stadium only.

Nightii

Banned

I have the game and I have no idea why the only stage is Stadium.

Seeing as the main Smash 4 community is loving to prove the people that look down on them right so much these days, I can only hope it doesn't rub off on Pokken, game already has it tough as it is.

Stages have different sizes and meter powerup appearance/distribution rates on the field and it's either Random or Stadium when "picking" stages in LAN Mode. Not really sure why it's like that. There's nothing really broken about the other stages so I'm guessing not having the ability to choose what the players want to play on made them go with Stadium only.

That's still hardly even close to a good reason for it, to be honest.

Beats

That's still hardly even close to a good reason for it, to be honest.

well, I'm just guessing. It'd probably be easier to just ask MrWizard why that rule is in place. All the tournaments I've watched so far have just stuck with Random and it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom