• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the feck do SF5 lobbies still not work? Try to play with my friend, still get 'failed to connect to battle lounge' every single time.

I can play ranked just fine. And we can play eachother every other game.

This game is garbage.

shaowebb

Been playing some Koihime Enbu...did the usual thing of getting curious about who the characters were. What the fuck man? I do NOT think that the Yellow Turban rebellion was about an idol group who wore yellow ribbons ending up with their fans getting too large and goin at it versus a rival idol group.

Three Kingdoms done up with waifu characters is bizarre, but at least its a damned solid fighting game. Enjoy.

1hr Koihime Enbu
Link

AAK

How the feck do SF5 lobbies still not work? Try to play with my friend, still get 'failed to connect to battle lounge' every single time.

I can play ranked just fine. And we can play eachother every other game.

This game is garbage.

I don't own SFV yet, but I've had this problem in other games. Did you try port forwarding and fiddling with NAT settings?

Tizoc

Been playing some Koihime Enbu...did the usual thing of getting curious about who the characters were. What the fuck man? I do NOT think that the Yellow Turban rebellion was about an idol group who wore yellow ribbons ending up with their fans getting too large and goin at it versus a rival idol group.

Three Kingdoms done up with waifu characters is bizarre, but at least its a damned solid fighting game. Enjoy.

1hr Koihime Enbu
Link

Oh I kept calling this by a different name was unaware it was Enbu XP

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

1hr Koihime Enbu
Link

That animation actually gave me a headache and heavy eye strain after 10 mins x.x

shaowebb

Oh I kept calling this by a different name was unaware it was Enbu XP

I think the series is called Koihime Musou. This game was actually an updated sequel to the original and thus the Enbu part.
That animation actually gave me a headache and heavy eye strain after 10 mins x.x

Then stay away from Blade Arcus lol. Everyone will anyway though. Can't get the DLC cast anymore, no online mode, kinda jank. The hell was Sega doin? At least I got to see someone use a popsicle for a sword and attack with snowmen. That was kinda fun.

Actually if you want fun animation in Koihime Enbu then Sonshoko with her walk cycle and those hoops is pretty fun. I also dig the dash attack having a horse shaped energy pattern to it that the Ma Chao character rides (Bacho). Those were pretty neat.

Shun

What am I looking at?! o_O
I recognize parts that should belong to some mechs, but I can't make out a single full Mobile Suit there. Is that supposed to be a parts scrapyard?
9ovvu0I.gif
Looks like Astray Red is now such a dominant figure in the game that it will be all you see, kinda like Elphelt in GG (was she that bad?)
I have no idea what's happening in this pic. Looks like Mecha threw up on each other.
junker guild is supreme

hopefully that means in the super offchance that i catch a gundam vs. video accidentally or something i get to hear the astray red theme again
It's just

latest

Copied over and over again.

I don't even know what they did to it because before I don't think anyone liked it. This is what happens when a game version never leaves arcades. All this tier list meta stuff happens just blows over without you ever knowing what happened.

Red Frame Kai was only in Maxi Boost not Full Boost and in Maxi Boost On it is the new scum braindead suit. No need to think, just melee rush cause your melee and tracking goes through most attacks and your melee does stupid damage.

Someone screwed around with him in shuffle and the joke is that Red Frame Kai is the new broken piss easy suit cuz he's literally just stun, melee, stun, melee repeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pncQkiZACHM
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/715149909972922368/pu/vid/1280x720/ldR9OrMB6J7dLvlp.mp4

Red Frame is hella popular in shuffle right now just to fuck around. At the higher level, it's still a good suit with a partner like GP03 or Zabanya.

Right now the god tier in EXVS Maxi Boost on is G Self, some dudes are at a 90% win rate with him. Dude is Full Armor Unicorn/Perfect Strike on steroids in a 2500 cost.

Popular Strong Suits in FB > MB > MBON
CfHFaviUMAEUYzP.jpg
CfHFavlVIAEAHXS.jpg

CfHFaywUIAQ8hhl.jpg

Right now G Self is god tier but takes skill, Zabanya and GP03 are the two best supports. Red Frame Kai is just mash.

Shun

Hitbox is hella stupid too.

Master Gundam still some dumb shit too.

Between the issues that still not fix like hitboxes, movement, tracking plus the new bursts Maxi Boost On is close to kusoge with how much dumb excess is added and forget to balance.

One month later Bannam is still chilling. Fix this shit, Spring Battle for Gundam already started.

Sayad

Only Gundam show I've ever seen was Wings and the only suits I'd recognize are Epyon, Wing 01(but I wouldn't differentiate between 01's iterations from other serieses) and Wing Zero from Wing's movie with its angel wings. :3

What if kofxiv in its finished state blows sfv out of the water on all fronts
I'd take an avatar bet that it won't. Will still haven't heard anything about the single player options or if KOF14 will even have rollback netcode.

Implementing rollback netcode was one of the things Capcom was upfront about in the beginning of SF5, and if it hasn't been brought up yet for KOF14 I doubt it's being considered.

Pokken number is high because its drawing from people entering multiple games, including SFV, Wii U, and Melee.

Good start for SFV. Hopefully it can hit 1K like it did at FR because if it doesn't happen here than it's not going to happen at any other major this year(excluding EVO because it's EVO). At least it's not going to get creamed by the Smash games in entries like USF4 did last year.

I am kind of sad to see USF4 drop off so much. Looks like it'll barely crawl past 100 by the end. Was hoping to see the players support it a little more for at least one more year but most really are done with the game. I still want USF4 tournaments to be Edition Select from now on. Not that it'll revive the game in any way. I would just find it more fun to play if I were there and watch if it's on stream.

miku

Only Gundam show I've ever seen was Wings and the only suits I'd recognize are Epyon, Wing 01(but I wouldn't differentiate between 01's iterations from other serieses) and Wing Zero from Wing's movie with its angel wings. :3

The angel wings one is called Wing Zero Custom/EW Ver :3

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Numb

All of my friends sat in the back seats, which is 5 feet away from me, and just starting yelling and making monkey noises. Kyohei couldn't stop laughing either, I just couldn't concentrate and face palmed myself every match...

lolololol
Type of friends you need at an EVO top 8 behind you

shaowebb

I am sad that Anime EVO has Blade Arcus for some reason and no Arcana Heart. Least it has Dengeki Ignition, Nitroplus, Koihime Enbu, and Vampire Savior in addition to the current ASW stuff. Should be a great tournament...but still Blade Arcus over Arcana? At least Arcana has players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom