• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
your opinion is wrong tho

giphy.gif

"Why would you want FF7?!"
*Karin's Ho ho ho laugh.

Infinite

A Lucas did pretty good a 80 man Japanese Smash tournament. Taiheita, the Lucas player, got second place only losing to the eventual winner 9B(a Bayonetta main who did decently at a recent American tournament) but managed to double eliminate a Rosalina who's considered a bad match up for Lucas. As a Lucas player myself, I'm interested to see how the meta develops for the character.

Winners Finals
Loser Finals
Grand Finals, GF2

After SF Crash, Nuki is going to be hosting a small SFV talk show/tournament with Kurahashi, Sasori, Vanao, Eita, Cojiro, Kindevu, and Itazan. The players are repping games ST, CvS2, VF, 3S, and SF4. They're all playing SFV alot.

Openrec.tv/live/nuki777

FSLink

Banned
A Lucas did pretty good a 80 man Japanese Smash tournament. Taiheita, the Lucas player, got second place only losing to the eventual winner 9B(a Bayonetta main who did decently at a recent American tournament) but managed to double eliminate a Rosalina who's considered a bad match up for Lucas. As a Lucas player myself, I'm interested to see how the meta develops for the character.

Winners Finals
Loser Finals
Grand Finals, GF2

I personally never believed it was a bad matchup for Lucas. He just has awful options if he's being juggled, but his neutral game is great against her and Luma, he has 3 different kill throws + dthrow can be combo'd to uair. And he doesn't have the huge recovery problem Ness does against her. Glad to see he's getting results finally.

Tripon

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/4dx5gb/64_will_be_parting_ways_with_xanadu/

The TO that tried to run a bracket by memory is now saying that he can't host Smash 64 tournaments at Xanadu.

After a long talk with the 64 Xanadu players and VGBC, 64 will be parting ways with Xanadu. As a small community sustainability is difficult and with many players being in college the cost of weekly smash is tough to continue to pay. Being a small community the work VGBC was putting in to stream and host 64 every week became an expense for them. I would like to take this time to thank VGBC and the Loftons for giving 64 so much exposure for such a long period of time. 64 was an afterthought before it began at Xanadu and the exponential growth it has seen over the past 1.5 years is largely in thanks to Xanadu and VGBC. About 90% of our players are here because they heard about Xanadu and VGBC and 64 and came to try it out, networking that none of us could have done on our own without their help. When Xanadu was under old management before VGBC took over I was unable to get 64 to become a weekly, but once VGBC became the owners of Xanadu GimR welcomed us immediately and helped begin and grow the largest and most active 64 scene in the country. The continued stream, youtube videos, and more helped not only make 64 at Xanadu the face of the entire 64 community but it helped grow it to where it is today being included at nearly every large and major tournament in North America. Flying out SuPeRbOoMfAn for a week was another outstanding gesture by VGBC that is unprecedented in 64 history for a local event. 64 weeklies in Baltimore will continue however but it will be held at the homes of our 64 players as reducing venue costs hopes to help keep our players active and available to play every week. For melee and wii u Xanadu will operate as is so be sure to continue supporting Xanadu, VGBC, and Smash. This decision is made in the interest of both the players and VGBC and was not an easy one to come to but is also peaceful and mutual. If you're still interested in playing 64 with us every week please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again I would like to thank VGBC and Xanadu for the exposure, time, and opportunity they granted us for so long, we wouldn't be here without them.
I figured I would share this here with reddit because I know a lot of our viewers and fans are active here and I do not want to leave anyone who supports 64, Xanadu, or smash in the dark about this news.

EDIT::GimR, VGBC, and Xanadu are not the bad guys. Do not think they are the ones that cut us. I approached them representing the Baltimore 64 community telling them that we needed to part ways and they took it very well and explained that the move would actually be beneficial for both sides from a financial standpoint.

Daigo and company are playing people and talking about random shit as Jiyuna translates. Man I wish it was like this all the time or at least most of the time. Just more fun to watch, although I know the point of the show isn't to be like Capcom Pro Talk Japan or something like that.

this is like the 5th time Daigo mentions something about girls are in chat or how they need more girls on stream.

Daigo thirst is top tier.

Tripon

Avoiding the Puddle 126: Aris: SFV is the best game I'm playing right now.

Avoiding the Puddle 128: Aris: MUTHER FUCKING CLAY FIGHTER V. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Stuff changes in just two eps.

Renekton

Daigo is a respectful gentleman. :) He has no thirst. He's just acknowledging to not be a hormonal teenage boy. Daigo <3
The best intentions can sound awkward:

Daigo: "There should be an African FGC someday, #diversity!"
Fuudo: "Well there is a Kuwait FGC."

Daigo: "Something robot AI fighting another AI something Skynet"
Fuudo: "... Hey erm let's get Nuki in the conversation, he's our guest today!"
Nuki: "I like Dragonball"

(I didn't make this up)

pixelish

Avoiding the Puddle 126: Aris: SFV is the best game I'm playing right now.

Avoiding the Puddle 128: Aris: MUTHER FUCKING CLAY FIGHTER V. FUCK THIS SHIT.

Stuff changes in just two eps.

aris enjoys the game. he just doesn't like the aesthetics of some parts of the game like ken's banana hair and alex

Numb

The best intentions can sound awkward:

Daigo: "There should be an African FGC someday, #diversity!"
Fuudo: "Well there is a Kuwait FGC."

Daigo: "Something robot AI fighting another AI something Skynet"
Fuudo: "... Hey erm let's get Nuki in the conversation, he's our guest today!"
Nuki: "I like Dragonball"

(I didn't make this up)
Gold
Daigo still the best. Fighting for the little guy

Daigo just came back from a 1-4 deficit to beat Nuki 5-4 and then popped off afterward. I think he basically did the Alex win pose where he shakes his hands and head up and down lol.

EDIT: Oh, I see I wasn't the only one in here watching.

aris enjoys the game. he just doesn't like the aesthetics of some parts of the game like ken's banana hair and alex

The game looks like shit. Anyone who is not biased has been saying that from the beginning. If you think Street Fighter 4 looks bad now, wait 5 years & look back on SF5 & you'll wanna barf.

Renekton

The game looks like shit. Anyone who is not biased has been saying that from the beginning. If you think Street Fighter 4 looks bad now, wait 5 years & look back on SF5 & you'll wanna barf.
Tekken 7 looks underwhelming as well for a current-gen custom PC board.

I think Unreal Engine 4 just doesn't have much headroom.

pixelish

Tekken 7 looks underwhelming as well for a current-gen custom PC board.

I think Unreal Engine 4 just doesn't have much headroom.

i agree with aris in that any multi-platform games will look underwhelming this gen as consoles are holding 'pc master race' back in terms of graphical performance

Dahbomb

T7 looks a generation better than SFV.

And SFV will age better than SF4 because it has better art. Except Ken, he will age about as well as spoiled milk.

T7 looks a generation better than SFV.

And SFV will age better than SF4 because it has better art. Except Ken, he will age about as well as spoiled milk.
Which both look a generation better than KOF14 ayyyy.. Also 2 generations of Ken looking terrible, just give us that 3s golden age Ken Capcom...
Didn't capture the dance.

Nope. The game will hold up much better than SF4, mostly because the animation is way better than stiff SF4.
But SF4 has pretty good animations (SFV is much better though). Compare SF4 to MK9 and there's a substantial difference with how the animation flows (and hits flow in general). It's just SF4 has a terrible overall aesthetic, and he-man looking characters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom