• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

The best part of review day is all the places you never heard of used to confirm someone's bias.

I'm getting cranky. I need this game unlocked.

Sayad

Surprised it's holding on in the 80s, expected much less!

Having a compilation of footage to study every week is beneficial. I always appreciate Tizoc's links to different fighters.
Yep, where else would you randomly run into links to competitive Puyo Puyo?!

Tripon

tbh I expected a 69-74 metracritic but SF got that franchise armor

Nah, Capcom got their messaging expectations dance on point. Nobody got blindsided like the SFxT debacle of locking characters under on disc DLC, or gem nonsense. Capcom fully told you up front that the game won't have single player content at launch. It's definitely silly,but the fact that Capcom did tell people this seems to have soften the blow of not actually having it there.

Bizazedo

Nah, Capcom got their messaging expectations dance on point. Nobody got blindsided like the SFxT debacle of locking characters under on disc DLC, or gem nonsense. Capcom fully told you up front that the game won't have single player content at launch. It's definitely silly,but the fact that Capcom did tell people this seems to have soften the blow of not actually having it there.

Honesty / transparency means a lot. It means people who get too hot about it have really only themselves to blame.

That makes sense. I didn't think about that angle.

Megaton

Markman Daigo posted a selfie
CbRh0xPUsAAF42W.jpg
https://twitter.com/daigothebeast/status/699291407618408448

Daigo Umehara 梅原大吾 ‏@daigothebeast いざサンフランシスコへ Off to San Francisco #LupeVSDaigo

the new age is truly among us

Anth0ny

Reviews don't mean shit for a fighting game

Amazon says my copy of V will be here next Thursday at the earliest. RIP in peace me. Hopefully this lag/PS3 stick bullshit will be patched by then.

Tripon

Reviews don't mean shit for a fighting game

Amazon says my copy of V will be here next Thursday at the earliest. RIP in peace me. Hopefully this lag/PS3 stick bullshit will be patched by then.
It took Other Ocean like 2 months to fix the lag on PS3 sticks.

I still don't get why it isn't a plug and play option. I don't need or want to pair my old stick to an account.

Beckx

@jeffgerstmann Feels like SFV skewed its launch features in favor of pro players at the expense of the wider audience.

@jeffgerstmann
A simple arcade mode or Versus against AI would’ve helped. Instead I’m now a Ryu player because selecting characters has become a hassle.

he wrote it in an "I'm auditioning for scrub quotes" kind of way, but I get what he's saying. the game you see when you start it up is different than the design of most other fighters to this point. We know what the menu is supposed to look like. we know what modes are supposed to be there. SFV isn't doing it. Even when content is added down the road, they aren't going to be doing that. And it's going to be weird for some people.

Day 1 Ryu player percentage will be highest ever simply b/c people don't realize how you select characters.

Nightii

Banned
Ain't nobody got time to watch a 3 minute video. Bottom line it for me with words I can read faster than someone can speak. :p

You right though

In a scale of "Barebones" to "Bloated", I give SFV a "No FADCs yay!".

Feel free to quote me on the review thread.

Don't preorder, don't read reviews, don't buy without looking things up.

Live a happier video game life.

You are still taking somebodys else's word on it. What are you lookjng up? Just the bullet points of what is included? (which is fine).

Just play a demo or rent stuff if you want to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom