• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Am I the only one that never clicks on any of those links?

I do

Stick with her from Calamity Trigger to Chronophantasma 2.0. Stay loyal for too long now.

It is still early but after getting styled on so bad playing Noel in CentralFiction I cannot live with the Mash D life anymore until she gets better and has new options. Which probably won't happen.

Could deal since she was okay in Chronophantasma and was better than Bullet but Bullet is a better character now and I did a lot better with Bullet and raw Izayoi than Noel.

Was always interested in Izayoi since Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma but these past few months pushed me off the edge. Izayoi Trans-Am is basically a Gundam too.

Bullet and Izayoi life now.

Move to the new mash D Celica

Dahbomb

Really? Revisionist history. Take a character who actually had his focus attack nerfed because of how good it was, Gen. Were people actually complaining about Gen's focus when Xian won in 2013? Or was it unblockables?

When you had to play against Rolento, did you complain about his focus attack or his jump fierce?
It's obvious to anyone that unblockables are a bigger deal than Focus attacks.

I personally do have a problem with Rolento's FA but I have a bigger problem with his j. HP. That doesn't mean that I don't think his FA is too good.

If there are bigger issues then why did that change? Because it's just a mindless bandwagon. I know it because I stated that one of SFxT's design decisions that made it superior to SF4 was simply that there wasn't a focus attack to deal with, and that fell on deaf ears.
The bigger issues were already changed.

There are no invincible back dashes, no Ultras, no safe reversals, no one frame links, no unblockables (yet), no throw tech, limited option selects in SFV and also no focus attacks.

The main reason why FA gets brought up because some people liked certain aspects of it. There was some merit to FAs but quite a few people believed that the cons outweighed the pros. Almost everyone thinks vortexes/throw techs are bad but FA is more controversial and thus gets more discussion. Which is why people like Valle have to go out of their way to explain why he thinks removal of FA is a good thing for the game.

On your point of SFxT, SFXT had other issues that plagued it. But no one ever stated the following about SFXT "man this game is so ass, where are the focus attacks?" or "SF4 is better than SFXT specifically because of FAs!"

No one said this because FAs were never some sacred cow among SF players.

Anth0ny

Maybe this game will scare away the scrubs who want their precious pretty stages and we can go back to the real fgc: 22 man brackets in some dudes basement playing for a $45 pot

Shun

I will still play her I just will focus on Bullet and Izayoi a lot more.

Noel can be a good character she has good pressure and can do good damage but as a character she hit a wall and that won't change unless she has new properties or increase damage. Overall she does less damage than in Chronophantasma and she is relatively unsafe and unreliable being difficult to close in to your opponent. There are still good Noel players and you can do pretty well with Noel, as a character and a player I think I hit a wall with her over the years and her novelty has faded a little bit.

Other than no one playing Bullet and not sucking as much anymore, Bullet has the advantages of Noel but with more health and better damage. She lost some lock on combos but she has a better neutral game and has a better time getting in with the buffs to her projectile and it being easier to get heat up with afterburner for her combo and damage. What I hate is that she lost invincible red lock and lock range now a lot of her damage relies on overdrive but she still does good damage and can pressure. Bullet can improve as a character and she is just more fun to play now.

Izayoi I am learning but she is a lot of fun so far.

K.Sabot

So many fraudulent tournaments popping up for SFV.

See one with $10 entry and the winner gets a copy of the game and a some gift card if there are 20 plus entrants lol.

Anth0ny

That math dont add up.

$2 entry fee brah

What do u think we're rich or something

Markman is out of Madcatz.

What a legacy.

Good luck Markman and thanks for everything you've done for the FGC and turning Madcatz from the joke company that made the bad n64 controller your friend forced you to use to the company that put out the best fight sticks on the planet. You're the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom