• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightii

Banned
You are still taking somebodys else's word on it. What are you lookjng up? Just the bullet points of what is included? (which is fine).

Just play a demo or rent stuff if you want to go that route.

Actually, yes, that's exactly the kind of stuff I look up when I'm undecided on a game.

Gameplay videos, straight info, no opinions or subjective arguments, that kind of stuff is more than enough for me.

Swarna

Reviewers would likely say "great gameplay" because SFV has simplicity/elegance where most fighting games are seemingly obtuse to them. That's really all it is.

Great gameplay does make up for lack of content (within reason) for me in the fighting genre. Ive dealt with it in the past. Is is probably sad. Haha.

I would love if namco dropped a SFV like barebones T7 on us. Just wanna play it. Day 1 for me. Ill even preorder. I thought the SCV package was fine also.

Dahbomb

It's not a joke
People may not have been as vocal about it as before but there have always been dissention over focus attacks and more specifically FADC to make stuff safe. That's why they nerfed that in USF4 because players had an issue with it. And just about everyone complained that FAs divided characters apart even further due to some having FAs way better than others.

It's more like many people just put up with it for all this time.

The reason FAs were never really at the forefront of the complaints of SF4 was because there were other bigger issues with the game. Invincible back dashes, Ultra mechanic, plinks, throw techs and option selects, one frame links etc. all were deemed as more problematic.

Great gameplay does make up for lack of content (within reason) for me in the fighting genre. Ive dealt with it in the past. Is is probably sad. Haha.

I would love if namco dropped a SFV like barebones T7 on us. Just wanna play it. Day 1 for me. Ill even preorder. I thought the SCV package was fine also.
SCV was only disappointing content compared to some of its predecessors (SC2 and 3 mainly). I think the vast majority in this thread wont (and probably shouldnt) care much about the content in SFV as long as the netcode and gameplay is what they want. I just don't like watching reviewers heap praise onto a game that clearly is lacking largely in what the primary audience of a review site would care about.

Sup community, I wanna host a fight night with SFV at my apt and see how it goes, maybe make it a monthly/weekly. Do we have any way of setting these things up?

I'm in RI, so it's a huge pain in the ass getting people together but if anyone here is in or around Providence and is interested, please pm me!

aw I was hoping for a more dramatic review thread

8/10 and 70+ metacritic review threads aren't that interesting unless it's a naughty dog game

Shun

I have been thinking of picking up Izayoi for half a year now mainly because Isami Imai an because she's the only one I kind of like out of the better characters.

Practicing and probably going to switch to her while still playing Bullet.

Rip Noel it has been a good 6-7 years.

Bullet and Izayoi is the future.
Buff Bullet please.

Coda

Sup community, I wanna host a fight night with SFV at my apt and see how it goes, maybe make it a monthly/weekly. Do we have any way of setting these things up?

I'm in RI, so it's a huge pain in the ass getting people together but if anyone here is in or around Providence and is interested, please pm me!

I live in Boston so I'm not too far away. I'd be down to come down one night if you've got a crew playing.

Shun

Stick with her from Calamity Trigger to Chronophantasma 2.0. Stay loyal for too long now.

It is still early but after getting styled on so bad playing Noel in CentralFiction I cannot live with the Mash D life anymore until she gets better and has new options. Which probably won't happen.

Could deal since she was okay in Chronophantasma and was better than Bullet but Bullet is a better character now and I did a lot better with Bullet and raw Izayoi than Noel.

Was always interested in Izayoi since Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma but these past few months pushed me off the edge. Izayoi Trans-Am is basically a Gundam too.

Bullet and Izayoi life now.

Stick with her from Calamity Trigger to Chronophantasma 2.0. Stay loyal for too long now.

It is still early but after getting styled on so bad playing Noel in CentralFiction I cannot live with the Mash D life anymore until she gets better and has new options. Which probably won't happen.

Could deal since she was okay in Chronophantasma and was better than Bullet but Bullet is a better character now and I did a lot better with Bullet and raw Izayoi than Noel.

Was always interested in Izayoi since Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma but these past few months pushed me off the edge. Izayoi Trans-Am is basically a Gundam too.

Bullet and Izayoi life now.
I'm a calamity trigger Noel OG. Cant quit her, won't quit her

Line_HTX

I have been thinking of picking up Izayoi for half a year now mainly because Isami Imai an because she's the only one I kind of like out of the better characters.

Practicing and probably going to switch to her while still playing Bullet.

Rip Noel it has been a good 6-7 years.

Bullet and Izayoi is the future.
Buff Bullet please.

Yes... Yes! One less Noel, heh heh heh.

:p

People may not have been as vocal about it as before but there have always been dissention over focus attacks and more specifically FADC to make stuff safe. That's why they nerfed that in USF4 because players had an issue with it. And just about everyone complained that FAs divided characters apart even further due to some having FAs way better than others.

Really? Revisionist history. Take a character who actually had his focus attack nerfed because of how good it was, Gen. Were people actually complaining about Gen's focus when Xian won in 2013? Or was it unblockables?

When you had to play against Rolento, did you complain about his focus attack or his jump fierce?

It's more like many people just put up with it for all this time.

The reason FAs were never really at the forefront of the complaints of SF4 was because there were other bigger issues with the game. Invincible back dashes, Ultra mechanic, plinks, throw techs and option selects, one frame links etc. all were deemed as more problematic.

If there are bigger issues then why did that change? Because it's just a mindless bandwagon. I know it because I stated that one of SFxT's design decisions that made it superior to SF4 was simply that there wasn't a focus attack to deal with, and that fell on deaf ears.

galvenize

Just a thought that crossed my mind but... What character do you think will be revealed at this year's EVO? If they follow the route in this image, it should be Ibuki or Juri.
Hypest would be Urien though.

If there are bigger issues then why did that change?

Nothing actually changed, it's like the way people talk about vortex to mean nearly any kind of mix-up now. FA is directly or indirectly related to many things people don't like about SFIV (and that does include something apparently as far removed from it as invincible backdashes), so it's just more convenient to refer to it at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom