• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuu

Banned
It's really good with great character variety.

Too bad it never came to PS3/Steam.

Kinda died quick in the US IIRC and also suffered from a bad PS2 port.

It still does alright in Japan though, especially since they've explored the game a bit more. The PS3 release also fixed some of the slowdown issues.

Shame. I actually enjoyed that game more than KOF XI.

It's really good with great character variety.

Too bad it never came to PS3/Steam.

BB is probably going to get the UE4 treatment for the next game based off what Mori said that BBCF is suppose to last long. Can't wait to see that.

Arc System Works more or less said that they wanted Blazblue as their flagship 2D sprite series while the want Xrd as their flagship psuedo 3D graphics series. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Blazblue still uses sprites.

Better Late than Never

Thanks for this.

Lemstar

I am almost kind of glad that I don't know how to use twitter well because I'm completely unaware of all of this stuff. I pretty much get my news from GAF and whatever specific links people put here.
just look at the people laughing at es's name just a couple of pages ago

the noel clone thing when izanami was announced is a really good example

'omg they're adding another noel clone does mori have any new ideas'
'noel isn't the original? wtf'

it was pretty explicitly stated in CT that ragna's sister became the imperator and that all the murakumo units were based off her; people have had seven years in which do at least read a summary of the story

if you don't care about the story, sure, but then why bother mocking it

(the real answer to that is obviously for twitter cpm - again, low-hanging fruit)

also,
If you want to know more about the origins of the BlazBlue calamity and really like kinetic visual novels, then yes. Just keep in mind it's definitely not a game, fighting or otherwise.
xblaze is not a kinetic novel, it has branches and decisions multiple endings and shit

jediyoshi

5wL0cfq.png

master race strikes again

NEO0MJ

it was pretty explicitly stated in CT that ragna's sister became the imperator and that all the murakumo units were based off her; people have had seven years in which do at least read a summary of the story

if you don't care about the story, sure, but then why bother mocking it

(the real answer to that is obviously for twitter cpm - again, low-hanging fruit)

I just find them visually boring now. In a game with a low growing roster you'd wish they'd go for something else.

Don't think BB will make the jump any time soon, ASW next 3D game will probably be a new IP.

They'll probably give it a GG like rest with a few spin-offs to fill the gap.

Lemstar

Don't VN's also have multiple endings?
Kinetic novels are a subset of VNs that are completely linear with no player decisions. Xblaze isn't one of those; don't want people getting the wrong impression.

I just find them visually boring now. In a game with a low growing roster you'd wish they'd go for something else.
That's understandable for the robot girls, I guess, but I don't see how you'd be able to visually associate either Noel or Izanami with them without knowing anything about the backstory.

Rhapsody

Banned
While usually I'd be hype at a new character, in BB this also means another matchup I need to make sure I get down in such a huge roster, haha. Interested to see more of Es though.

Line_HTX

Hey all. Been lurking for years now, made an account some months ago, and I can finally post!

Just wanted to say that I think Cindy Mayweather is the best thing to happen to FGC GAF as long as I've known about it! Keep up the awesome efforts in trying to make FGs and their community(ies) accessable to all!

Seeing GAF in Community... wounds me, deeply.

Welcome... to the Fighting Game Community!

=D

NEO0MJ

That's understandable for the robot girls, I guess, but I don't see how you'd be able to visually associate either Noel or Izanami with them without knowing anything about the backstory.

I don't consider Noel part of that gang, don't worry. I mostly just connect them as teenage magic girl in high tech suit with swords and sharp objects. They're like the Fire Emblem swordsmen in Smash, with even less design variety :p

While usually I'd be hype at a new character, in BB this also means another matchup I need to make sure I get down in such a huge roster, haha. Interested to see more of Es though.

It going to be so daunting learning everything. I feel it's hell playing CF with no past BB experience.

shaowebb

Im having a lot of fun playing all the crazy anime titles, but I gotta admit...I really REALLY miss Mortal Kombat and Injustice. I loved cornering folks with Bane and the fun rhythm of Shazam combos. I loved D'vorah's insane pressure and I never even got to play anyone past Jason.

Its probably time for that PS4. PC just made me stop playing something before I was ready. Sad that I still haven't gotten to play Killer Instinct. I absolutely love some of the movesets, gimmicks, and art in that game. Not sure how I'll feel once I try playing it though, but I'd like to get a chance to sometime.

Damn...I also never got to play Tremor and he was someone I was super pumped for since he had a lot of Glacius tools. Reaaaaaaally needing to get back into this title soon with XL for PS4. I miss playing with the guys in huntington too...we had some great sets with Injustice.

stn

Are people still playing USF4 on PS4? I like the idea of having it on my HD just to play some of my favorite characters that aren't in V.

shaowebb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom