• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tekken 7 looks amazing, my only problem with the way it's been handled is how after thought the console release has been.

Namco is maximizing their profits, you can't really blame them. They have the #1 Arcade Fighter in the world and are making ridiculous bank with the games card system. This topic has been done to death in the Tekken OT.

Nightii

Banned
I believe in Pokken, despite all the people with the (quite odd) desire to see it fail.

Seeing Justin get bopped by relative unknowns will be fun too.

Marz

The reason people are not buying V is because the game is ass, not because of single player content.

Most fighting games don't have single player content.

SFxT will probably be more successful than this disaster lmao.

NEO0MJ

Is SFv the most hated game by casuals but they can't stop talking about it? Also why does sfv keep its tournament interest up so high both viewers/entrance if its a barebones money grabbing maneuver by capcom.... I wonder....

SFV is a gaming speaking to the choir. Too bad it's failing to get anyone who wasn't already into fighters interested. I wonder if the game being fresh with most people starting at the same level is encouraging more to attend tournaments.

Hope they keep up with the updates and add more characters then
Haven't heard about adding more characters

It seems new characters are a no go, but we can hope they add a couple after how relatively well the game did. It no doubt passed 400k worldwide by now.

Numb

SFV is a gaming speaking to the choir. Too bad it's failing to get anyone who wasn't already into fighters interested. I wonder if the game being fresh with most people starting at the same level is encouraging more to attend tournaments.

It seems new characters are a no go, but we can hope they add a couple after how relatively well the game did. It no doubt passed 400k worldwide by now.

Shame
The possiblities are endless with dlc characters if only the effort was put in.

Ketch

im a total noob who wants to try out a fighting game. which game should I play? Is skull girls okay for noobs? Its on sale and I heard they have great tutorials.

Numb

im a total noob who wants to try out a fighting game. which game should I play? Is skull girls okay for noobs? Its on sale and I heard they have great tutorials.
Try Killer Instinct and see where it takes you. Download it free and go through the tutorial which is very helpful and starts from basics to advanced stuff. Skullgirls tutorial is good too

Nuu

Banned
gonna give skullgirls a shot for the art and the tutorials. hope its not too anime for me.

It's the best fighting game ever. So you did good. Also while it is a bit anime, like Guilty Gear it has its own awesome style that is an acquired taste.

Skullgirls is pretty good. Might be better to go with a team of one at the start.

Also be sure to do the character tutorials to learn their combos somewhere down the line if you have 2nd Encore.

EDIT - Post here too.

Sayad

Someone at Lap Zero is really good at identifying FGs "best girl":
Cf-g7omWwAE-wty.jpg

gonna give skullgirls a shot for the art and the tutorials. hope its not too anime for me.
The dosage of anime depends on the characters you play. Peacock is the most western character (Tex Avery and silver age cartoons=Anti anime) this genre has seen in decades, BB is a hardboiled sax playing detective and Parasoul has no double jump, run or air dash. If you go with Filia you get an instant hair dashing schoolgirl and Valentine is literally a ninja. I have no clue where Double fits. Just put her in the lovecraft category.
It's the best fighting game ever. So you did good. Also while it is a bit anime, like Guilty Gear it has its own awesome style that is an acquired taste.
It's in my top five. SG2 with the right cast could definitely be in my top three.
Someone at Lap Zero is really good at identifying FGs "best girl":
Dunno about best but she is definitely one of the best ones in FG. It's not every day that we get a sexy Egyptian murderess in fighting games.

.la1n

Namco is maximizing their profits, you can't really blame them. They have the #1 Arcade Fighter in the world and are making ridiculous bank with the games card system. This topic has been done to death in the Tekken OT.

Oh yeah I fully understand the business practice behind it. Was just stating why it hasn't been as exciting to me personally as it should be since I live outside Japan.

Yikes. Pokken opening month knocking on SFV LTD. Not a good look for Capcom considering PS4 has the much larger userbase.

Pokken is real fun to watch tho. I hope there is an NX version and TPC let's NB go wild with custom items just like Tekken, lol.

Beckx

The dosage of anime depends on the characters you play. Peacock is the most western character (Tex Avery and silver age cartoons=Anti anime) this genre has seen in decades, BB is a hardboiled sax playing detective and Parasoul has no double jump, run or air dash. If you go with Filia you get an instant hair dashing schoolgirl and Valentine is literally a ninja. I have no clue where Double fits. Just put her in the lovecraft category.

It's in my top five. SG2 with the right cast could definitely be in my top three.

Dunno about best but she is definitely one of the best ones in FG. It's not every day that we get a sexy Egyptian murderess in fighting games.

tbh i think SG and Gundam FB are my two favorites from seventh gen forward. i really need to grab one of the limited edition physical releases from amazon.jp.

my bella/wulf/eliza team is dear to my heart. just wish i could (a) get a color for Beowulf that was pale/red to better match bella/eliza, and (b) play better. the only character i can even semi-play is bella.

If it looks good to you, play it. I don't think you need to start with any particular fighting game, so long as you use the people around you (us) as a resource.

Sure, also it has great netcode and a dedicated community so you shouldn't have a problem finding people to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom