• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember the first couple months when people thought Garland's EX Mode was cheap shit. People really hate Hyper Armor I guess, lol
Pokken is a better designed game than Dissidia.

If you have any sort of experience playing Gundam EXVS or Gunslinger Stratos. Dissidia will already be a disappointing game to play and watch.

Not saying it can't be fun, it can be a fun game if you enjoy Dissidia PSP.

But in terms of competitive gameplay and from a technical standpoint it is really shallow.

Movement is slow and floaty, there are no real step cancels in the game which means your movement options are limited when attacking, the team aspect feels tacked on and does not give any feel for team play like the other games do; rather favoring taking of advantage of a chaotic situation rather than helping your team mates. You're not playing the neutral game or spacing like the former two games, rather you just walk around charging your gerobi hoping it hits. Map design sucks too.

But it looks pretty I guess.
your taste is suspect though, so all this means is that i'm gonna love it

Shun

EXVS is really fun, give it a shot.

Yeah EXVS is fun as hell, but it also makes everyone angry. There is no winning in Gundam, you will always have at least one person mad at you whether your beat the team or lose. But it's the most popular game for a reason.

That said if you play EXVS and Gunslinger Stratos, chances are you will not like Dissidia.

FIrst, a disclaimer: I was the editor on both games.

With that said,

If you want to know more about the origins of the BlazBlue calamity and really like kinetic visual novels, then yes. Just keep in mind it's definitely not a game, fighting or otherwise.

As for Es haters; you should be ashamed of yourselves. She's an awesome character; how she grows despite her origins is pretty incredible. Of all the games I've worked on, she probably one of my favorite characters of all time.

I'll probably check it out. I think it's available on the Vita.

Cf7nQwyUIAEgv27.jpg

Cf7nQ4bUkAIYaek.jpg

Cf7nQ9oUUAENGmw.jpg

Cf7zA98UkAAx01m.jpg

Cf7zEoHUkAALNOM.jpg

Cf7zCjbUMAQto-c.jpg

Cf7zBx9VAAItsk1.jpg

Cf7zrAFUIAAN7Qz.png

New main confirmed.

Hey all. Been lurking for years now, made an account some months ago, and I can finally post!

Just wanted to say that I think Cindy Mayweather is the best thing to happen to FGC GAF as long as I've known about it! Keep up the awesome efforts in trying to make FGs and their community(ies) accessable to all!

Seeing GAF in Community... wounds me, deeply.

I was going to say that I was wondering why they didn't add Jubei when Es is around his height until I looked it up and noticed that he's only 4 feet while Es is 4'8.

Arcsys has a history of making unique fighting game characters so I'm sure they could make it work somehow.

I was going to say that I was wondering why they didn't add Jubei when Es is around his height until I looked it up and noticed that he's only 4 feet while Es is 4'8.

Arcsys has a history of making unique fighting game characters so I'm sure they could make it work somehow.
Zappa is pretty low profile cuz of his stance for example I'm sure they can make it work but they just gotta save something for the sequel.

Hey all. Been lurking for years now, made an account some months ago, and I can finally post!

Just wanted to say that I think Cindy Mayweather is the best thing to happen to FGC GAF as long as I've known about it! Keep up the awesome efforts in trying to make FGs and their community(ies) accessable to all!

I'M NOT BLUSHING DAMMIT!

0sfPhLw.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

What do you think about me though

tell em bout my posting doe

El Sloth

Banned
It really pisses me off that Capcom still can't get netplay right. Like, why is it that I still can't get in decent matches with folks on the West Coast, but dudes playing Killer Instinct on the West Coast can have matches with dudes in Japan and have it "feel like offline play"? People should shit on them more for that.

God, it'll never happen, but I wish French Bread would license GGPO and pay someone with experience, like Mike Z, to implement it. Playing UNI online was an even bigger struggle.

It really pisses me off that Capcom still can't get netplay right. Like, why is it that I still can't get in decent matches with folks on the West Coast, but dudes playing Killer Instinct on the West Coast can have matches with dudes in Japan and have it "feel like offline play"? People should shit on them more for that.

God, it'll never happen, but I wish French Bread would license GGPO and pay someone with experience, like Mike Z, to implement it. Playing UNI online was an even bigger struggle.
Capcom more like Crapscum amirite?

It's weird how they've actually released games with GGPO netplay but refuse to in thir flagship game.

.la1n

Double Helix's engine through Amazon has an improved version of what they used for KI, not sure how powerful an engine it is but if it's flexible enough to be used for fighting games I think it'd be something stupid not to look at.

Kumubou

Are you insinuating it's a pride thing?

Reinventing the wheel is silly. Just use what works lol.
The fact that there's no Japanese-language documentation or support doesn't help. Which, honestly, is understandable. Would you want to use middleware if all of the technical documentation was in a language you didn't understand?

El Sloth

Banned
"West Coast Warzone, held April 15th through 17th in Las Angeles, has the distinction of being the first Ranking Tournament in the CPT North American region."

They forgot all about Winter Brawl already huh.

The fact that there's no Japanese-language documentation or support doesn't help. Which, honestly, is understandable. Would you want to use middleware if all of the technical documentation was in a language you didn't understand?
The Cannons still haven't reached out to someone to translate that? That's... pretty shitty. There's no shortage of people or companies they could go to for that sort of thing. Must just really not want to spend the money and hope someone volunteers to do it for free?

Nuu

Banned
Random question: What do you guys think of Neo Geo Battle Coliseum?

I use to play that game back in the day, but never knew how well received it was by the FGC.

Apparently it was SNK's answer to Capcom Fighting Jam.

BadWolf

I use to play that game back in the day, but never knew how well received it was by the FGC.

It's really good with great character variety.

Too bad it never came to PS3/Steam.

N4Us

Kinda died quick in the US IIRC and also suffered from a bad PS2 port.

It still does alright in Japan though, especially since they've explored the game a bit more. The PS3 release also fixed some of the slowdown issues.

it's the same shit every time

"when jubei???"
"omg look at (insert out-of-context bit of lore that's not even obscure knowledge) can you believe it"

blazblue is just low-hanging fruit, i guess

I am almost kind of glad that I don't know how to use twitter well because I'm completely unaware of all of this stuff. I pretty much get my news from GAF and whatever specific links people put here.

CurlyW

"West Coast Warzone, held April 15th through 17th in Las Angeles, has the distinction of being the first Ranking Tournament in the CPT North American region."

They forgot all about Winter Brawl already huh.

Winter Brawl wasn't a CPT event. (Summer Jam is the Philly CPT event.)

jbug617

Banned
BB is probably going to get the UE4 treatment for the next game based off what Mori said that BBCF is suppose to last long. Can't wait to see that.

Uraizen

Banned
BB is probably going to get the UE4 treatment for the next game based off what Mori said that BBCF is suppose to last long. Can't wait to see that.

Oh good, then everybody gets to play the "Where's ______?!" game. At the same time, I'm glad BBCF will last a while. Maybe even get the +R treatment after a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom