• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuu

Banned
So the top piece of my fightstick box that connects slides into the bottom got unstuck from the back.

What is the best way to stick it back together? I assume super glue, but am worried that might get too messy.
gHlGcrl.jpg

Bigger image.
Anybody?

Tripon

I feel like all of the fightstick options out there are stupidly overpriced or just not very good.

What do you consider overpriced? The Hori RAP4 with the new Hayabusa buttons are really good and $150. Cheaper if you can find a discount code that knocks off 10% off the price.

shaowebb

LOL! What the shit...
Turns out the character I've been maining that's based off of Sun Shang Xiang in Koihime Enbu is also named Shao! Apparently characters in Koihime have a common name "Son Shoko" and a given name that's only given to close friends and Sonshoko's is "Shao" lol.

Fear the doom hoopies of Shao.

I was using her because she has a move akin to Polimar where she does one move then cancels into one of 3 other attacks including an overhead making her pressure hard to read. Plus she's also got a command grab and a really really easy attack to crumple people which in this game is a special state that grants you access to new moves and links. Plus your "Ultra" is only accessible out of that state meaning you have to confirm it. No raw Ultras in Koihime!

Some footage of Shao.
nSWVhAy.jpg

Man I dig the footsies in this game.

Happy Melty Week everyone!

I'm planning to pick up the game on Wednesday (since I have both a job interview and a final presentation for class on Tuesday), though I've never played it before. I want a character close to Laura since I'm discovering that mix-up characters are becoming my favorite to play, so after doing some research I think I'm gonna go with H-Satsuki (who even has bes Rin colors as an alt), but am not really sure how to play the game, let alone the character. Anyone have any good guides to how to play Melty and especially ones for Satsuki?

Kumubou

Happy Melty Week everyone!

I'm planning to pick up the game on Wednesday (since I have both a job interview and a final presentation for class on Tuesday), though I've never played it before. I want a character close to Laura since I'm discovering that mix-up characters are becoming my favorite to play, so after doing some research I think I'm gonna go with H-Satsuki (who even has bes Rin colors as an alt), but am not really sure how to play the game, let alone the character. Anyone have any good guides to how to play Melty and especially ones for Satsuki?
The OT should have a good guide regarding general system mechanics, but it won't go into character specifics (and it really can't, as I am running into the character limit as it is).

I hope it's good, anyway or I'll look like a real idiot. D:

The OT should have a good guide regarding general system mechanics, but it won't go into character specifics (and it really can't, as I am running into the character limit as it is).

Awesome, I'm just glad someone's doing an OT lol. I'll make sure to give it a thorough read when I'm on the train on Tuesday.

You can always use multiple posts

I'm really starting to turn around on watching Marvel. The amount of Dooms and Vergil still kinda suck, but it's fun to watch.

And Tasty Steve/Yipes on commentary is amazing.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Had an offline set with some guys from Denver yesterday who kinda sorta knew how the game worked, enough so I could do some fancy shit that doesn't work on people who hit buttons (backturned grabs and stuff)

It was sorta fun, but I greatly prefer matches where I have to play attentively. I just found out there's a Toronto tournament 2 weeks before Toryuken, so I guess I have 2 VF events next month. That's something.

sega, PC port? please? :(
btw, here's a set I had from a tournament in NYC two weeks ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j3NzMfpTtM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom