• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

miku

So tempted to Blazblue for ms Valentine, somebody talk me in or outta it.

qpXWhtV.png

If you're a top player, going to the Italian ranking event is a must. A lot of Europe's best players are going to be at red bull kumite. I wonder how many points it's going to take to get into capcom cup this year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Justin win WCW? Looks like Justin is the best U.S player. World's best Karin.
Tied for 5th place

Justin was the only Karin in all of top 32. Feels like she's fading already and only Mago and Wong can make her work.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Which characters are most prominent at the moment other than Chun, Nash, and Ryu?
Most popular characters in top 32 were Nash, Vega and Dhalsim with some people using multiple characters, of course. That's not representative of much, though. The US always had strong Sims and Vega is apparently a popular second character (LPN and Kelvin used him for that).

Only two Ryu's in there by the way, XSK Samurai and Ilija

Who took out Justin?
Commander Jesse (Sim) and Filipinoman (Chun)

shaowebb

shaowebb max is streaming arcana

just thought i should post that here

Wait...WHAT?!
Holy crap I gotta see this. I hope he brought some reference material or he's gonna be completely lost. Bet he uses Earth if he knows what it does later...time to hunt down streams.

EDIT: *starts watching* Arcana Heart 1? Oookay. Well thats gonna be different. The dashes cost meter in that game.

DOUBLE EDIT: LOL! He made it 40 minutes and never had a guide and it was Arcana 1. Poor dude was lost. EXAMU needs to get their shit together on telling players what their shit is for in that game. This is really how everyone ends up with Arcana without some sort of reference point on Arcanas. Glad he played something from the series though. Fun seeing him react to some of the cool stuff in the game. Definitely needed some help though...I never saw them do much of any homing dash cancels or abuse things like super jump height stuff into the steerable homing dash for crossups. Once you start doing that stuff its pretty much learn your arcana and the game takes off. They played very ground based.

Nuu

Banned
Naomi / Atomiswave Xrd gives me life.

I really REALLY hope Arc System Works doesn't quit high end pixel art games and have their games all Xrd style. I mean the style looks great, but I like variety.

They hinted as such of keeping Blazblue their pixel art frontrunner, but there is no guarantee.

Sayad

I really REALLY hope Arc System Works doesn't quit high end pixel art games and have their games all Xrd style. I mean the style looks great, but I like variety.

They hinted as such of keeping Blazblue their pixel art frontrunner, but there is no guarantee.
Wouldn't call ASW's pixel stuff high end tbh, outside few pre-Xrd GG backgrounds, there's nothing impressive about their pixel art.

Pompadour

I think BlazBlue will remain pixel art as long as they can keep releasing upgraded versions of that game and still make money, which is to say apparently forever.

shaowebb

Interestingly enough, I believe Blaz Blue actually used 3d models to base their animation key frame art on. Makes it easier to settle and adjust certain things. Between it and Guilty Gear it seemed like they wanted to figure a way to utilize new technology for art but couldn't settle on the best possible way to do so for awhile without sacrificing their organic looking hand animated style. I think they pulled it off and then some with Guilty Gear's technique but it damn near quadruples the workload of CG making it really something that doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd say do the Blaz Blue style more often...make a model, pose it, use it as a good solid base in your layers to setup your linework and go from there with your tween frame art by hand.

I've considered doing the latter myself at times. If I end up with too many collision issues or general problems with ram due to lighting and real time processing stuff using 3d cel shading I'll pre render my animations as images and just put the load time before the match by turning them all into sprites utilizing Unity 2d. Not like I can't setup depth maps and specular maps on sprites same as models these days to pull of lighting stuff. Hell Skullgirls is a good example of in game lighting on 2d stuff looks pretty good.

I'll find out soon.

Zissou

I'm going to randomly guess for funsies:
Guile's v-skill to be a stance change where the stance affects the properties of booms.
V-trigger an install that allows charge partitioning for its duration.

Nuu

Banned
Wouldn't call ASW's pixel stuff high end tbh, outside few pre-Xrd GG backgrounds, there's nothing impressive about their pixel art.

I wouldn't say that. Sure their shading sucks but they are high resolution and have decently smooth animation by fighting game standards.

Interestingly enough, I believe Blaz Blue actually used 3d models to base their animation key frame art on. Makes it easier to settle and adjust certain things.
That's what they did. It actually is pretty noticable as the game's animation lacks many 2D principles such as squishing, stretching, over-exaggerations, etc.

Between it and Guilty Gear it seemed like they wanted to figure a way to utilize new technology for art but couldn't settle on the best possible way to do so for awhile without sacrificing their organic looking hand animated style. I think they pulled it off and then some with Guilty Gear's technique but it damn near quadruples the workload of CG making it really something that doesn't seem worth it to me.
That is arguably true. Arc System Works went on record saying doing Guilty Gear Xrd's style isn't any easier than doing HD Blazblue sprites. I feel another reason is that as video game graphics get better the gap in difficulty between creating high end 2D and 3D graphics closes.

jbug617

Banned
Guile info is out
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-joins-street-fighter-v-and-april-update-news

In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match.

V-Skill: Sonic Blade: Guile spins up sonic energy to create a Sonic Blade which acts as a stationary projectile that can also juice up his Sonic Booms. Sonic Blade can really help Guile pressure opponents on their wake-up or help him win projectile battles as it increases Sonic Boom durability!

V-Trigger: Solid Puncher: Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner.

Critical Art is Sonic Hurricane

Dahbomb

Is Guile's v trigger Chun Li's old one?
The way I interpreted it is that he puts up a stationary projectile like say Nova's Gravimetric Pulse and whenever he throws a Sonic Boom through it, it gets powered up.

c2d6d22f4a8f9419f665d07c1df54aeb.png

Oh wait you said V Trigger.

His V Trigger is like his EX Sonic Booms in Omega version of USF4. He sends out multiple Sonic Booms with multiple button presses. I am assuming you can press something like LHH to throw a slow Boom then two fast Booms.

pixelish

How do you hold a charge while walking ?

from the latest blog entry
In Street Fighter V, Guile retains his ability to dominate both the ground and air with his solid normal attacks and special moves, such as Sonic Boom and Somersault Kick. He also now has the ability to enter a crouch walk state called Faultless Move which allows him to keep his charge while moving forward, giving him even more options in his kit to keep his opponents in line. Guile is a great choice for those of you who are looking for a charge character who can easily control the pace of the match.

Rhapsody

Banned
That new crouch walk state, sounds interesting. Sort of like SFV's way of how roll helped Guile in CvS2 (aside from roll canceling).

El Sloth

Banned
SFV Guile sounds really cool. And potentially hella annoying to play against! I predict more whining than Mika or Ryu has generated combined.

shaowebb

The way I interpreted it is that he puts up a stationary projectile like say Nova's Gravimetric Pulse and whenever he throws a Sonic Boom through it, it gets powered up.

Oh wait you said V Trigger.

His V Trigger is like his EX Sonic Booms in Omega version of USF4. He sends out multiple Sonic Booms with multiple button presses. I am assuming you can press something like LHH to throw a slow Boom then two fast Booms.

My old guess was
Guile

V-skill: stationary sonic boom that both hits folks that touches it as well as sucks up other projectiles and grows till it bursts
V-Trigger: Vacuum Flash Kicks and sonic booms. Good luck with jumping when he pulls you into them and into range

I had guessed his sonic boom would eat OTHER peoples projectiles and grow. Sounds like it eats his own. If this is true then I am pleased even if the V-trigger I guessed isn't vacuum flash kicks.

:)

BadWolf

With that stationary boom my mind jumped to Ash's stationary flames, that dude was not fun to deal with for grapplers.

Let's see how things go with Mika against Guile, can't say I'm looking forward to the match up.

El Sloth

Banned
Gonna guess he has a three bar vtrigger. His vskill sounds pretty versatile. Oki, space control, corner pressure, etc.

I wonder if he'll still have mostly the same normals. And how they'll make the ones he shares with Nash different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom