• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Posted this in the PS4 neo talks but I wanna bring it up here.
I can only fucking imagine what rollback netcode is going to be like between a Street Fighter V player using Neo mode at a higher framerate than their opponent who is using a PS4 in vanilla mode. I really really worry about shit like this.

Folks are talking like if you run in neo mode it runs at a higher framerate ...if this is the case and you play someone using that when you are not what does it do to rollback netcode?

Skilletor

Folks are talking like if you run in neo mode it runs at a higher framerate ...if this is the case and you play someone using that when you are not what does it do to rollback netcode?

Same thing that happens on PC?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't believe we're watching the same thing b.
Don't hate on ZTS' acute ability to see differences in the same goddamn movement over the last quarter of a century. You only wish you could see the imperfections in that gravity-defying flash kick.

Tripon

ZTS is hilarious at times. And I make it a point to not use my ignore list if i can help it. You are going to see people that drive you up the wall in person and on the internet so it's up to you to figure out how to handle it.

mbpm1

rare footage of Capcom actually learning from their mistakes

I said WOW

Capcom got that wi-fi internet. Downloads always taking ages

ZTS is hilarious at times. And I make it a point to not use my ignore list if i can help it. You are going to see people that drive you up the wall in person and on the internet so it's up to you to figure out how to handle it.

what if you handle it by ignoring them

Skilletor

Teleporting really badly? Ouch...

Iuno, I play friends on either platform and feels fine to me. I would like to know if anybody has done testing on stages where slowdown is particularly bothersome on ps4 vs. somebody on PC to see if that causes rollback. I've always thought it might be one of the causes of desyncs.

Horseress

Hateful people don't add anything to anyone's life. I prefer to just stay away from them

shaowebb

Iuno, I play friends on either platform and feels fine to me. I would like to know if anybody has done testing on stages where slowdown is particularly bothersome on ps4 vs. somebody on PC to see if that causes rollback. I've always thought it might be one of the causes of desyncs.

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. We're kind of in new territory with all this cross play at different frame rate and stuff for rollback. I'd like to know if there are consistencies in certain problems between these connections or not.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
P4AU is on sale for $14 on PS3, and the 'ultimate edition' is on sale for $50. i'm guessing i can skip the UE and just get the character DLC for cheaper?

shaowebb

P4AU is on sale for $14 on PS3, and the 'ultimate edition' is on sale for $50. i'm guessing i can skip the UE and just get the character DLC for cheaper?

What you mean like sunglasses and color alts? Ehhhhh...I'd just buy the DLC playable cast and call it a day on the rest of that DLC. I mean if you want the boss mode variants unlocked fast I suppose thats also a decent price tag for them, but the rest of the dlc is kind of meh IMO.

Shouta

Ouch. A lot of those Guile animations are rough. They legit just copy & pasted half his animations from SF4 & it just looks out of place. Flash Kick is the most noticable offender in that trailer.

Nah, the Flash Kick is definitely different than SF4 and his other motions are better animated. The biggest difference to me is that his model is beefier and the stance they animated those attacks from are different making the range of motion look smaller than before.

It seems like they added transition animation though? Maybe that means he has a target combo?

Nah, the Flash Kick is definitely different than SF4 and his other motions are better animated. The biggest difference to me is that his model is beefier and the stance they animated those attacks from are different making the range of motion look smaller than before.

It seems like they added transition animation though? Maybe that means he has a target combo?

I did see his cr.MK -> fwd. MP (overhead) target combo. I think he had maybe 1 or 2 others in the trailer

Skilletor

Looked like he had a c.lk, s.mp, f+hp target combo to me. Made up notations, just what the buttons looked like.

If he has a low starting target combo, that's going to be really good when he has vtrig.

I did see his cr.MK -> fwd. MP (overhead) target combo. I think he had maybe 1 or 2 others in the trailer

Looks like a mp > hp target, same way Ryu can do hp > hk, or mp > hp > hk.

The one at about :13 in the trailer.

Man, I wish there was a PS4 port. P4AU is the best fighting game out right now. Too bad nobody will compete because Guilty Gear cannibalized the audience.

shaowebb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201373446]Man, I wish there was a PS4 port. P4AU is the best fighting game out right now. Too bad nobody will compete because Guilty Gear cannibalized the audience.[/QUOTE]

Some good Frosty Fausting tourney footage of P4AU for ya

Its a fun game to watch and has a lot of cool mechanics. Its got Persona and Persona break neatness, ailments like Mute that prevent Persona usage, poison, shock that makes you unable to move, fatal counters and states that make everything one, SP draining ailments (charm?), states that make you hit harder but can't block...just crazy stuff.

Couple this with how easy it actually is on beginners to feel cool even if they dont understand what they're doing with stuff like auto combos, furious skills (armor moves) and all out attacks giving them really cool stuff and combos to enjoy and it really did have something for both casuals and the hardcore FGC folks to have fun with.

Has a huge amount of mechanic bloat that I feel can be daunting to new players, but its a damned fine game. Only thing that bugged me was the color composition was just way too loud on some stuff and the announcer who I turned off. Both livable. I just personally have a thing against when a game uses loud colors too much and it makes things hard to follow at times. Likewise I dont dig games that are too dark like that one stage in KI that goes black that a black fulgore abused in KI Grand Finals last year lol.

Real talk, more should stream P4AU.

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201373446]Man, I wish there was a PS4 port. P4AU is the best fighting game out right now. Too bad nobody will compete because Guilty Gear cannibalized the audience.[/QUOTE]

Also because of lack of patch.

AAK

Just be happy there's a healthy variety of Anime games available for everyone within that scene to indulge in. 3D community is in the dark age.

FACE

Banned

I'd like to see the latest version on PC/PS4, but it's not happening.

shaowebb

Just be happy there's a healthy variety of Anime games available for everyone within that scene to indulge in. 3D community is in the dark age.

Lets see...

• Melty Blood Actress Again steam release
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  • Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition
  • Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel
  • Under Night in Birth EXE LATE
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
  • Chaos Code
  • Aquapazza
  • Koihime Enbu
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • Yatagarasu Attack On Cataclysm

Plus we have sequels coming for Chaos Code, BB, GG, and Uniel and potentially AH3LM.

Anime is pretty well overloaded with titles at the moment and that doesn't even count the possibility of any hanger on titles like Battle Fantasia, KOF 13, Vanguard Princess,or any other things that have been out awhile that may have scenes lingering around.

At this point their really needs to be more Anime tournies started up on their own weekends. There are just a shitload of games.

Sayad

1- It won't run at a higher framerate.
2- For rollback net code, animation has to be separate from the game's logic, even if the animation ran at 90 or 120fps the game's logic will still be running at 60fps and gameplay will be exactly the same.

The bigger issue is in games where the regular PS4 version lags a lot and force teleportation/slowdowns on the neo version.

Sayad

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. We're kind of in new territory with all this cross play at different frame rate and stuff for rollback. I'd like to know if there are consistencies in certain problems between these connections or not.

On PC there's the issue of people running the game on ancient hardware which can't handle the game. Though KI dealt with this by forcing everyone to pass a certain benchmark to check if their PC is good enough to play online.

Aren't most fighters locked to 60 fps?
Yes the only time PS4N would run at a higher frame rate is if on the PS4 version it's running at less than 60 FPS.

Well Rockturtle who plays SFV at 30 fps on a regular basis might have more insight into this.

1- It won't run at a higher framerate.
2- For rollback net code, animation has to be separate from the game's logic, even if the animation ran at 90 or 120fps the game's logic will still be running at 60fps and gameplay will be exactly the same.
It can though, and SFV doesn't drop frames so the game logic can't really run at a different rate than the animation.

Lets see...

• Melty Blood Actress Again steam release
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
  • Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition
  • Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel
  • Under Night in Birth EXE LATE
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
  • Chaos Code
  • Aquapazza
  • Koihime Enbu
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • Yatagarasu Attack On Cataclysm

Plus we have sequels coming for Chaos Code, BB, GG, and Uniel and potentially AH3LM.

Anime is pretty well overloaded with titles at the moment and that doesn't even count the possibility of any hanger on titles like Battle Fantasia, KOF 13, Vanguard Princess,or any other things that have been out awhile that may have scenes lingering around.

At this point their really needs to be more Anime tournies started up on their own weekends. There are just a shitload of games.
Anime players are way too poverty and spread out to travel to more than 1-2 majors a year

shaowebb

Meh I went by art style because in all honestly Koihime Enbu is anime but it sure as shit doesn't play like anime. Yatagarasu and KOF 13 that I mentioned both play more like the sorts of things that SF fans go for which is definitely not adhering to the "anime fighter" usual loadout of mechanics.

Honestly if you play SF you really should give Koihime Enbu a shot. Its got that vibe pretty hard for footsies.

Beckx

Last Blade 2 PS4/Vita on May 24

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/the-last-blade-2-strikes-ps4-ps-vita-on-may-24/

cross buy, online play, cross play b/t PS4 & Vita, pre-order themes

26416435152_3906e7fd52_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom