• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Been paying more close attention, I'm putting my money on 950 and his Flash actually just hits fairly hard in exchange for not getting invul without EX but still resulting in counter-hit on recovery.

I missed a bit, did anyone get what his v-trigger is supposed to do exactly?

Edit: Ahh, they just said. When you throw a sonic boom you can mash any of the punches to throw more booms, up to 5.

I missed a bit, did anyone get what his v-trigger is supposed to do exactly?

"Guile powers up and tosses out continuous Sonic Booms! Each button throws a Sonic Boom at a different speed, so mixing up between buttons can create interesting Sonic Boom sequences. Depending on the sequence used, this can act as a great combo extender, be used to overwhelm opponents or easily push his opponents to the corner."

Reminds me of Bulleta dark force

CO_Andy

Balrog is next month right? How convenient all of 'Murica's faves take priority.

26416435152_3906e7fd52_b.jpg
When will the whitewashing stahp?!

Wallach

『Inaba Resident』;201396214 said:
He looks fine except for the victory screen with story costume

Even that doesn't look that weird to me. Not passing up on the new costume with aviators though.

Numb

People were complaining about their being blondes, and also that American characters were being released as DLC first.

People will complain about ANYTHING. I'll bet someone will complain about Guile's comb, if given enough time.

He does handle that comb alittle too much tbh
Just use it quick and stop flipping it around so much

People were complaining about their being blondes, and also that American characters were being released as DLC first.

People will complain about ANYTHING. I'll bet someone will complain about Guile's comb, if given enough time.
The combing animation is the only thing I disliked in the trailer, actually. His hair doesn't move with the comb at all... :-/

Zissou

Zoning in SFV seems like it'll be really hard to balance in the long run- characters like Bison and Nash don't have to worry about it too much due to their v-skills, and Ryu is nigh unzoneable due to parry. Any pure zoning character will have a hard time against those three unless you give them specific tools to counteract those v-skills and/or make their zoning truly absurd (which would make them insane against anybody w/o strong anti-fireball tools).

Zoners will have to be more creative in how they fight, but I think there's definitely still a place for them in this game. I don't see people struggling with Sim much, especially with Art's Sim taking most of the NLBC's from Moon's Bison.

As for Ryu, well Ryu bodies almost everyone.

.la1n

Classic costume face looks pretty meh but the main costume looks much better than their effort with Alex. I remain cautiously optimistic they don't completely ruin Ibuki.

Guile looks awesome. I don't understand the face jokes as if he wasn't ugly in the past. Then again, some ppl did forget that ken had black eyebrows outside of sf4.

Eh, I'll get it fixed by Revelator. If it comes to it I'll just play the game online in my PS3, which is tethered.

I really want to put SFV to the test over wifi with someone here, though. The one time I played online it felt largely more than playable, but people from here say the other side is likely having a terrible experience. I want to know for certain

Yes the only time PS4N would run at a higher frame rate is if on the PS4 version it's running at less than 60 FPS.

Well Rockturtle who plays SFV at 30 fps on a regular basis might have more insight into this.

it was something screwed up with the sf5 settings in the NVIDIA panel.

i remember i changed something back during beta and i guess it stuck around.

its constant 60 fps now. or maybe the latest update finally fixed it, i know i wasnt the only one getting it too.

xCobalt

Zoning in SFV seems like it'll be really hard to balance in the long run- characters like Bison and Nash don't have to worry about it too much due to their v-skills, and Ryu is nigh unzoneable due to parry. Any pure zoning character will have a hard time against those three unless you give them specific tools to counteract those v-skills and/or make their zoning truly absurd (which would make them insane against anybody w/o strong anti-fireball tools).

Zoning isn't just about fireballs though. Towards the end of USF4, Infiltration and Dieminion were able to utilize all of Chun and Guile's tools to properly zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom