• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

In scared that by the time T7 releases on consoles I'm either not going to care, or it's going to look dated. Or both.

Luckily, PS4K is a thing.

Considering how much they've improved the graphics over T7 in arcades,(Whose graphics I criticized the fuck out of) I don't think it'll look dated at all. It already looks way better than SFV graphically.

shaowebb

No thanks, sounds lame

You guys will never convince normies to play something called melty blood

I think I know a way...
ey1oN5H.jpg

...was that enough?
lol

:p

Infinite

Melty Blood is prob my second favorite fighter ever after Melee. Put MAD time into that shit when I first started college. It's a good game. Unfortunately I don't have a PC I can run the steam version on.

shaowebb

All joking aside though this game feels great. The combo timing in this feels super fast and energetic. Its like Marvel combos in the air, but on the ground its got dodge rolls and counters and perfect guard stuff. Plus if I want to I can even air dodge and redirect my jump on two of the styles on any character. Game is just nuts on footsies, speed and conversions. Matches can flip on a single move. And these movesets are insane. I can see soooooo many things borrowed from this Doujin title over the years. My god the twin movesets are infuriating in the corner. They can just swap to the character behind you and be free from pressure or call them in as an assist for Oki shit!

This thing should at least get a side tourney by EVO again if it isn't already. Now that I'm finally able to try it I'm really blown away by how much is in this game.

Thores

We need some Dan in SFV.

dgfgfgf.gif

He's made a couple of Story cameos already! In Alex's story he's part of a simulated training program(and the opponent at the lowest possible difficulty setting, lol), and in Rashid's story he tweets that he finally paid his phone bill.

That said, I hope he's playable eventually. He was actually my main in IV.

Considering how much they've improved the graphics over T7 in arcades,(Whose graphics I criticized the fuck out of) I don't think it'll look dated at all. It already looks way better than SFV graphically.

I dunno, man. While I think the SFV(PC) largely looks great, that isn't exactly a sky-scraping bar

Beckx

getting into fighting games with a simultaneous need for cutting edge high end graphics seems like a bad time

like hunting snipe

Shun

Transcendental Orchestra, one of two of the big Melty Blood tournaments in Japan will be taking place in a couple weeks.

The qualifiers have been basically set and there should be a stream and I will post it or make a thread if people are interested in seeing some of the best player teams, such as GO1, go head to head in MBAACC.

There is youtube footage and nico footage of past Transcendental Orchestra if you search for it.

KVO, the big console tournament which will include King of Fighters XIV, will be streamed the last weekend of the month and there will be a thread for that as well, if people care.

I will also be making the thread for BlazBlue Braver's Revel 2016 Tournament either today or tomorrow with the stream link. It will be Friday night for those living in the America and Europe so I hope those who care about CentralFiction can stay up to watch some of the best player teams compete.

Beckx

i guess whether 6th gen and "relatively recently" are the same thing depends on the individual.

but not being interested in Tekken if the graphics end up dated seems to be the same thing as not being interested in Tekken.

which is fine too.

Beckx

In scared that by the time T7 releases on consoles I'm either not going to care, or it's going to look dated. Or both.

Luckily, PS4K is a thing.

"Not being interested in Tekken if the graphics.."

Yeah, no.

Never implied this.

i may have taken you being scared of dated graphics and conflated it with you being scared that delays will kill your interest. that's on me i guess.

They should make SFV look like Black Ops III.

atpRtsd

gritty reboot 2017

The other day, CyberZ (in cooperation with Capcom) announced a Japanese esports league. Rage League is what it's called for SFV. The first season starts in May and concludes in July. The autumn season starts in August and concludes in October. The league consists of online tournaments with an offline finals.

shaowebb

Serious talk though that dude is amazing. Huge normals, massive launcher (eddie would be proud) and can summon crows for projectiles, ground trailing snakes that turn into grabs and the deer is for go behinds and launchers and other shit. Plus he has a crow super that puts a ton in the air and they all dive in awhile later making for some nasty oki. Wish his forward dash teleport was faster.

But how in the fuck am I supposed to pronounce the name "Nrvnqsr Chaos" ???

EDIT: Apparently even he cant spell his name. Call him Nero

Beckx

Someone in that vid comments said its "nero caesar chaos"...um...thats not how you spell two of those words.

a quick google search suggests maybe it's those names in the way they would have looked in latin...but the results are all crazy town 666 stuff and i decided not to go further down the rabbit hole.

shaowebb

a quick google search suggests maybe it's those names in the way they would have looked in latin...but the results are all crazy town 666 stuff and i decided not to go further down the rabbit hole.

Its French Bread...if UNIEL taught me anything from trying to read all the text flying around as rounds startup its that they just like the look of english letters. I think they just cram letters together for the pretty. Its like a novella flying by in under a second when rounds begin in UNIEL so it doesn't surprise me that in Melty we have a guy whose name is a junior jumble.

Moveset is dope though. I'm curios if I can setup a snake and pull off a launcher into two jump c's into the snake at full screen. That jump c is enormous, hits multiple times and does mad damage. I'd like to see how many I can get in a combo...

shaowebb

Isn't he low tier?

How would I know? I'm on day 2 and still working through 93 movesets. I'm just kind of in awe so far at how cool some of this stuff is. That dude is like mixing Zato and Testaments stuff into a single moveset. Its pretty awesome. I don't know if he gets rushed the hell down or if his slow teleport dash makes him die vs zoners or what. All I know is that dude is fun :)

EDIT:Apparently not bottom tier. According to this. Nero's Full and Crescent moon styles are considered S-class. No clue how viable this data is but it was in the OT here when I looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom