• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Still don't know who I want the third person on my team to be. I know I want Kyo and Athena, but not sure who to choose for #3.

All I know is that I'd preferably want a grappler tho, maybe I should go for King of Dinosaurs.

Going Team mexico Dino and Angel with the 3rd member replaced with Terry or Geese

Ya it was pretty bad, Kumite was better in every way possible. Lupe made TS worth it though.

I mean the top 8 was pretty good despite the mirrors. Rog vs. Hsien was probably the best match in that top 8 though. Of course Kumite was better though as it had all the big names.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Texas Showdown top 8 was a Ken Necalli fest huh?

If it wasn't a capcom game, that would have given everybody ammunition
tumblr_nsdizdMSRD1qzn0kbo1_500.gif

youre right

I giggle as I see Bison in freefall among the tiers.

There was one in top 8, but he got wrecked, so curious how he made it that far / would love to see his matches.
I think you are confused, sir. Bison is an S tier character that is completely ridiculous and without flaws. Any concerns his playerbase had pre-release are groundless.

There was one in top 8, but he got wrecked, so curious how he made it that far / would love to see his matches.
I think you are confused, sir. Bison is an S tier character that is completely ridiculous and without flaws. Any concerns his playerbase had pre-release are groundless.

Problem X just won a CPT event like a week or two ago with Bison and Phenom won a CPT event last weekend with Bison lol stop it

Tripon

American best players were at Redbull Kumite and PAX arena. Or do people think Julio could beat either Ricki or NuckleDu right now.

Bizazedo

Problem X just won a CPT event like a week or two ago with Bison and Phenom won a CPT event last weekend with Bison lol stop it

Well, Phenom at least agrees, or used to agree, with my thought process that as time passes Bison will drop in the tiers. I still think he'll be mid (Phenom thinks slightly higher, which is reasonable), but a lot of his stuff is reactable to / invincible reversal punishable on offense so he has to play D against those characters....and his defense sucks.

It's SF5, though, and the tiers are still close, so he can still win, but eh.

Problem seems more optimistic -

Problem X said:
Problem defeated Ultra Street Fighter 4 EVO champion RB|Luffy in Grand Finals of Hypespotting, becoming the first player to win a Pro Tour event with M. Bison. He took a moment to contest naysayers, especially those in America, who would say Bison isn't a very strong character.

"I'm happy to put Bison on the map. I know there's been a lot talk about [Bison] not being that good. I know that talk has been in America, and that is definitely one of my destinations I will be going to this year..." said Problem.

I want to be wrong, btw, as Bison has always been my dude :).

Sayad

4th place in CPT global points is a Bison player who won a ranking event and got second place in another, 5th place is another Bison player who won a CPT ranking event. I imagine watching those guys runs would be better than some player making top 8 in an event with less top players than a So-Cal weekly.

Bizazedo

4th place in CPT global points is a Bison player who won a ranking event and got second place in another, 5th place is another Bison player who won a CPT ranking event. I imagine watching those guys runs would be better than some player making top 8 in an event with less top players than a So-Cal weekly.

Like I said, I want to be wrong :).

Tizoc

I'm worried still that KoF 14 will devolve into being King of MAX Mode >_>;
Unless someone can clear up on how MAX mode works in 14?

BadWolf

I'm worried still that KoF 14 will devolve into being King of MAX Mode >_>;
Unless someone can clear up on how MAX mode works in 14?

What would you like to know?

- Takes one bar to activate
- There are no drive cancels in XIV so no canceling specials into specials
- Activating in the middle of a combo halves the max mode timer bar
- Activating max mode gives access to EX moves
- EX moves can't be super canceled (I think I heard this during today's stream)

KOFXIII style long combos aren't possible.

Skilletor

SF5's launch showed us that the game's reception in tournaments doesn't align with the people outside that bubble.

The complaints about SF5 have never been about gameplay on either side of that bubble. If gameplay starts to suffer, if the game becomes boring to watch because of dominant characters, then people will call Capcom out for it as well. Especially because the game is so "esports" and keeping people that care more about upsets and less high level Street Fighter play entertained is probably a focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom