• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised there isn't any outcry over all the lewd material in KOF 14.

joe-moon1.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So we're supposed to get two more characters before EVO. Who will they be? I think Guile may be the answer to Infiltration. He always had trouble with Du and Die's Guile.

So we're supposed to get two more characters before EVO. Who will they be? I think Guile may be the answer to Infiltration. He always had trouble with Du and Die's Guile.

Balrog and Ibuki are next I think?

June is supposed to be Story mode and no character that month.

jbug617

Banned
Spooky did an interview on EH about his new job
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...ses-his-new-job-asia-program-mananger-xsplit/
In regards to events.
Raptor: I think the biggest question on everyone's mind is how much will this affect your ability to come stream major events? Will we be seeing you around as often?

Spooky: I'm doing around the same amount of events, or possibly more, but I will be doing some new stuff from Asia. My channel will be utilized at some events [that] I may not attend myself.

His shoutouts and events he is attending
Raptor: They got the best possible guy they could. Is there anything else you'd like to add, or shout outs you'd like to give?

Spooky: Thank you to everyone who has supported me and Team Spooky. Please don't see this as an end to me doing what I do, I will continue to practice my commentary and stream work as well as partner with new events to try to show you guys a different side of the FGC in Asia.

I will also be at Combo Breaker, Evolution, and many upcoming Pro Tour Premier and Ranking events. I also hope to make XSplit into an even better platform for you all to stream your own gameplay or tournaments and events.

There is more in the interview about his job with XSplit

CO_Andy

Surprised there isn't any outcry over all the lewd material in KOF 14.

I don't actually recall any outcry for the lewd material in fighting games for the last couple of years, except that one article about Mai's boobs.

SFV Mika/Cammy butt nerfs and DOAX3 being terrible weren't a result of any actual backlash, as far as I know, but maybe I just missed it.

Nuu

Banned
making good progress in DS3 :)
just killed the dancer guy.

They should make a Dark Souls fighting game. Choose between various classes, enemies, and bosses.

Starting roster:

Pyromancer Class
Knight Class
Black Knight
Wheel Skeleton
Ornstein & Smough (Ice Climbers-like duo character)
Dancer of Boreal Valley
Ancient Dragon
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Cathedral Evangelist

Anth0ny

SFV has 4000 entrants registered for Evo so far.

holy fucking christ. how are they even going to finish this on time? best of 1? a metric fuck load of setups?

4k, aka they've hit 4,000 registrants for SFV. Which is completely batshit insane.

The official EVO twitter account makes it official now. No subtle hints, just straight to the point

https://twitter.com/evo2k/status/724795276423110656

I'm calling 4400 when it's all said and done. I hope the numbers keep growing, but I'm having a hard time believing that it will. It just feels like a magical year where everybody is playing the game and their is bound to be a lot of drop off at some point. Just gotta hope that more people can jump on board to make up for it and grow the numbers.

Skilletor

Cats? Such a cammy player

One of the many reasons I love her.

The official EVO twitter account makes it official now. No subtle hints, just straight to the point

https://twitter.com/evo2k/status/724795276423110656

I'm calling 4400 when it's all said and done. I hope the numbers keep growing, but I'm having a hard time believing that it will. It just feels like a magical year where everybody is playing the game and their is bound to be a lot of drop off at some point. Just gotta hope that more people can jump on board to make up for it and grow the numbers.

SF4 grew every year, didn't it?

SRPQ9Ai.gif

pixelish

since wizard has said sfv will be ran on friday and saturday, i'm assuming friday will be pools and saturday will be quarters and semis? will they even have the time and manpower to complete all pools within a day?

SF4 grew every year, didn't it?

Nope, it declined once, that was from 2010 to 2011. SF4 hit 1k during its EVO debut in 2009 and then hit 1700 the year after. But then all these new fighters came out and it was no longer the only party in town. It declined to around 1400 but it has grown every year since then.

This year we may literally see twice as many players for SFV as we did last year for USF4(4454 would be exactly double) if not more. It's uncharted territory so part of me just thinks "it can't actually get bigger next year, right?" because this was suppose to be the year everybody jumps on board. 3D players, anime players, Smash players, brand new players, OG's coming back and so on. I hope that isn't the case though. I'd love to hear about SFV breaking 5k at EVO 2017 if it doesn't this year.

Anth0ny

since wizard has said sfv will be ran on friday and saturday, i'm assuming friday will be pools and saturday will be quarters and semis? will they even have the time and manpower to complete all pools within a day?

I have to imagine it'll be pools all day friday AND all day saturday, with quarter and semis at some point on saturday night. 4000 fucking entrants is no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom