• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Wizard wants to have all the colors unlocked for the EVO stage. I wonder who is going to do that.
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/724633722805350401

Hah, so they need to get through all levels of survival with all costumes + get every character to a level high enough to buy all 5 FM colors for the base costumes. And then repeat across multiple ps4's. Capcom Should have hopefully thought to have some PSN accounts made with all this stuff unlocked for official events hopefully.

Hah, so they need to get through all levels of survival with all costumes + get every character to a level high enough to buy all 5 FM colors for the base costumes. And then repeat across multiple ps4's. Capcom Should have hopefully thought to have some PSN accounts made with all this stuff unlocked for official events hopefully.

The 5th FM color become available for purchase at level 50. Doing all the SP stuff including Extreme survival only gets a character to level 29. Months of online play is needed to get to level 50, and that's just for a single character. Look at the ranking leaderboard to see how few people are even there yet.

FACE

Banned
It did well, both on console and Steam.

How well it did on Steam was one of the reasons they greenlit XIV actually.

Odd that we aren't getting a PC version then.

I'd prefer her SFA2 stage remade (kinda like how Guile's SF2 stage got remade).

Would be hilarious if the NPC got salty and threw the controller when Sak loses just like in the original too.

I want Gen's stage from SFA2:

4GMnTRG.png

shaowebb

tQskNEv.jpg

When ramon says viva la mexico you know hes mexican. Angel on the other hand..... No. She sounds like an anime cat girl.
That team is Team Mexico, but its really Team WRESTLING. King of Dinosaurs is classic power wrestling, Ramon is a luchadore, and Angel is a tribute to 90's wrestling in general with how she performs The People's Elbow and The Rock Bottom for her big moves.
F1IXquS.jpg

When you see new FG characters and you see winners.

holy shit, they should have entered with the two young dudes on the right
I am SUPER pumped for Team China. The one on the end was described in an article as using "sleeping fist kung fu". This is a reference to something I have seen ONLY ONCE in kung fu cinema and its pretty famous as it was part of the Drunken Master trilogy. Basically the film had Simon Yuen (who Chin Gentsai is a tribute to) and they faced a master of Drunken Mantis fist. They lost and Simon's pupil kept trying to train up and ran into an old sleeping hermit character who was a master of sleeping or "drowsy fist". Think Drunken Boxing, but instead of stumbling drunk you are falling over tired in how you pose. Its pretty entertaining cinema bullshit that has a lot of cool sequences with drunken, mantis and other stuff.

The whole thing is public domain now so here's a link to it in Sleeping Fist

If it is in anyway based off of this film (and SNK loves drunken fist and is a big fan of Simon Yuen films) I'm expecting armored moves, high hitstun, power strikes, and possible counters or Chin Gentsai falling stuff.
The girl on the right is pretty famous. She is a Terry Bogard Fangirl anmed "Alice" who has been around FOREVER in SNK and was in the handhelds and Pachislot stuff a lot. She has been speculated for YEARS as a top candidate to make it into King of Fighters eventually and now she's in. Expect some Terry tribute stuff IMO.
Wow, KoF has some interesting characters. Does that demon boy have an AIR DASH?
Yes he does! This guy is gonna be bullshit and I love it. Just remember though...AA in KOF is usually pretty fucking good.
What would you like to know?

- Takes one bar to activate
- There are no drive cancels in XIV so no canceling specials into specials
- Activating in the middle of a combo halves the max mode timer bar
- Activating max mode gives access to EX moves
- EX moves can't be super canceled (I think I heard this during today's stream)

KOFXIII style long combos aren't possible.

Thank GOD. I kind of had a feeling they would severely ease back on the canceling of specials to specials and EX stuff when they said they would make this the easiest KOF ever in terms of execution to play. The execution was the only thing keeping it from being more severe than it already was and it was pretty severe once you got into it.

Can't wait to see the hype that exists from Max Mode activation though. It reminds me a LOT of Trump card stuff in Dengeki Bunko with just how big of a game changer it is for your combo potential and damage output.

shaowebb

Angel has the Rock Bottom?

Her version turns around instead of going forward but yes.

I believe the reason for this may be that if she did it exactly the way The Rock does by diving forward you wouldn't be able to see the elbow animation if you were in the corner if you followed up with it after doing the Rock Bottom. And lets be honest...if you got both The Rock Bottom and People's Elbow then you will be trying to hit one and then the other back to back. They wanted it to look good on the elbow.

They've been saying a lot of the right things, but so did Capcom before SFV's launch and look how that turned out. Tho I'm sure SNK's expectations are much different than Capcom's were.

I just hope the netcode is good at least.
Have they even talked about their netcode? That was the one thing capcom was open with from the beginning.

shaowebb

Rumored DLC list from the KOF 14 thread for those that missed it. If this is real every team would get DLC and it would be amazing if that were possible. My God to get Jhun and Lee Pai Long together in a game...

I dunno if old but someone in the comment section of gematsu posted this:

KOFXIV DLC's Leaked list(nothing confirmed)

-Japan (Shingo)
-Ryuuko no Ken/Art of Fighting (Takuma)
-Garou Densetsu/Fatal Fury (Blue Mary)
-South America (Brazilian MMA Fighter)
-Official Invitation (Shapeshifter Fighter (Ash, Yashiro, and Krizalid))
-Mou Hitotsu no Sekai/Another World (Lee)
-K '(Whip)
-Ikari (Heidern)
-Yagami (Eiji)
-Mexico (Vanessa)
-Kim (Jhun)
-Southtown (Yamazaki)
-Psycho Soldier (Bao)
-Women Fighters (Kazumi)
-Villain (Raiden)
-China (Jin Chonrei)

Anyone knows the source or if it's true?

Man Krizalid, Shingo and Yamazaki!?!?!?!? I can't wait if true!

Also from the thread...
tcgNzVM.gif

:D

Tripon

Rumored DLC list from the KOF 14 thread for those that missed it. If this is real every team would get DLC and it would be amazing if that were possible. My God to get Jhun and Lee Pai Long together in a game...

Also from the thread...
tcgNzVM.gif

:D
Holy shit. Big fan of supers doing massive damage. Hopefully they kept the use of allowing multiple supers at all times instead of forcing you to choose before the round like Street Fighter does.

shaowebb

I stand correct...I have seen Sleeping Fist twice. King of Beggars with Stephen Chow was hilarious and also featured it. Same premise...old beggar, drunken fist but you stagger sleepily instead of drunkenly. Same diff. I think its a good premise for another drunken boxer character but with potential for much cooler looking character designs like bedhead pillow fighting :)

BTW watch King of Beggars. Shit is hilarious. His tourney scene with the flexing and douchebaggery and all the shit with him doing caligraphy when barely being literate is amazing XD
Trailer

BadWolf

Holy shit. Big fan of supers doing massive damage. Hopefully they kept the use of allowing multiple supers at all times instead of forcing you to choose before the round like Street Fighter does.

All supers are available at all times.

You can also supercancel supers into EX supers (Advanced Cancels) and EX supers into Climax supers (Climax Cancels).

shaowebb

All supers are available at all times.

You can also supercancel supers into EX supers (Advanced Cancels) and EX supers into Climax supers (Climax Cancels).

Dat meter though...it'd better be anchor on anchor when you do that or you will be feeding your opponent some heavy bar and depleting your own before final round.
God I love King of Fighters meter management. That gauntlet style team system is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom