• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

I still use my PS3 stick playa.

At home and not at tournaments :( , haha.

It was the stick nearest to me. Ultimate laziness not wanting to plug in a TE2, lol.

The damn triggers on the DS4 are so sensitive, though, and my cat loves to lay directly on my controller. I thought the buttons went out. Was having a good match with Omnistalgic.

Nope, it declined once, that was from 2010 to 2011. SF4 hit 1k during its EVO debut in 2009 and then hit 1700 the year after. But then all these new fighters came out and it was no longer the only party in town. It declined to around 1400 but it has grown every year since then.

This year we may literally see twice as many players for SFV as we did last year for USF4(4454 would be exactly double) if not more. It's uncharted territory so part of me just thinks "it can't actually get bigger next year, right?" because this was suppose to be the year everybody jumps on board. 3D players, anime players, Smash players, brand new players, OG's coming back and so on. I hope that isn't the case though. I'd love to hear about SFV breaking 5k at EVO 2017 if it doesn't this year.

/nod

Well, we'll see. I think it growing would have to do with what they show for next year's updates (if we get updates #hopeful).

pixelish

4000+ people giving Infiltration their money.
Also making it out of pools at EVO isn't going to mean shit anymore.

$40k from $10 game entry fee + $50k cpt pot bonus o_o

i still think they should restructure the prize distribution for this year's sfv tournament since reaching top 8 means you're in like the top 0.2% which is way too top heavy.

Sayad

The official EVO twitter account makes it official now. No subtle hints, just straight to the point

https://twitter.com/evo2k/status/724795276423110656

I'm calling 4400 when it's all said and done. I hope the numbers keep growing, but I'm having a hard time believing that it will. It just feels like a magical year where everybody is playing the game and their is bound to be a lot of drop off at some point. Just gotta hope that more people can jump on board to make up for it and grow the numbers.
I guess we'll have to see if SFV's eventual f2p version could bring more players.

Renekton

Jeezus that number is exhausting simply to look at.

I hope the competitors break off to the other equally deserving fighters next year.

pixelish

you get 50% off if you preorder kof14 within these 2 weeks?

Cg9CBSOWkAAf2Bn.jpg

MrDaravon

Yeah, pools gotta start Friday for SF. Finals day ended after 11PM last year, I think, and this is twice the size or more. Wizard has no choice.

They've already said SFV pools will start Friday so no surprises there although I'm sure some top player will complain about it lol.

But yeah, over 4000 entrants is mind-boggling. I don't know how they even do this, I'm sure they expected growth but I don't know if they expected it on this kind of scale.

Cambo showing off some Guile at Yahoo Esports

One thing I noticed in the Yahoo vid is that Combo said Flash kick is "invincible on the way up" at 7:20.
Not sure if this is a mistake or it means normal Flash kick does have invincibility, just not on first frames.

maybe you have to be preemptive with it as an anti air so it doesn't get stuffed? Probably their way of balancing keeping the down charge with the offensive crouch.

mbpm1

maybe you have to be preemptive with it as an anti air so it doesn't get stuffed? Probably their way of balancing keeping the down charge with the offensive crouch.

From the way WSO guys were using it, it doesn't look that pre-emptive.

Or maybe it's just that after having to deal with how pre-emptive you need to be on some of vega's aas everything looks easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom