• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Looks like Chris T won a tournament in the wrong week. Or maybe they did see it and saw Chris's accent impressions and were like "nope".

I mean

2nd Winterbrawl
13th Final Round
5th NorCal Regionals
1st TX Showdown

that's pretty impressive and he is travelling. I'm kind of doubting his ability to consistently keep that up but with an actual backing his chances are much better and it's probably a cheaper risk for Echo Fox to take. If he does improve from here he'll be actually really desirable but they got him early, that's the kind of thing you want to do with sponsorships.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I mean

2nd Winterbrawl
13th Final Round
5th NorCal Regionals
1st TX Showdown

that's pretty impressive and he is travelling. I'm kind of doubting his ability to consistently keep that up but with an actual backing his chances are much better and it's probably a cheaper risk for Echo Fox to take. If he does improve from here he'll be actually really desirable but they got him early, that's the kind of thing you want to do with sponsorships.

He's won several CtB's as well. He's very very solid.

I mean

2nd Winterbrawl
13th Final Round
5th NorCal Regionals
1st TX Showdown

I didn't mean to discredit Julio, I just believe Chris is a little better. At the moment anyways. But I don't think he's been traveling as much so props to Julio for putting in the work and getting this sponsorship instead.

Anne

I didn't mean to discredit Julio, I just believe Chris is a little better. At the moment anyways. But I don't think he's been traveling as much so props to Julio for putting in the work and getting this sponsorship instead.

I mean, from where I'm sitting Julio is the better pick out of the Ken players right now. If Chris T gets out there more he could easily compete though, you just can't say since he hasn't been showing up as consistently.

That gen of players have this year to start putting up numbers and they have better make the most of it like Julio has. Prime age and potential to get picked up with the year of esports going on.

I think so too, but chris had some tough brackets at ncr and fr.

Shun

KSB 2016 Day 2 for Street Fighter V and King of Fighters 14 and Killer Instinct will be starting in about 60 minutes.

bpMmuGs.gif

0.25x speed
bruh

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art does need to cut out on questionable things on his stream. You can't expect to be sponsored and do all those on your stream. Can't have it both ways. Although I do enjoy a lot of the after hours stuff.

Daigo's becoming more like Valle everyday... more of community figurehead than an actual competitor.
I don't see it that way. Its just that the japanese sf scene as a whole has expressed needing an injection of young players into the scene. Momochi is doing his shinobism project for the same purpose.

Think I might do this too, since it seems like they've quietly went back on their word on challenges.

I don't think they've went back on their word. Seems more like just one of many features they probably wanted for the game but haven't implemented yet. At least, I hope they haven't gone back on their word. SFV having dailies would be sick.

What, really? So if you just grind the whole day like Art does, then you're in?
Yep. Though I imagine that will become more difficult as the day comes nearer and people start to realize they can get an invite this way and work harder.

They really changed up the system for entry to capcom cup, you should read through it on their website.

Whoa, #1 on the online leaderboards for SFV makes it to the Capcom Cup? Just heard it on KSB's stream.
Not true. Here's the breakdown:

32 spots

12 from premier + evo
8 from global leaderboard (premier points and rank points)
8 from regional leaderboard (rank points and 2 per region)
4 from regional finals*

*revional finals are made up of 12 offline ranking winners, 2 online ranking winners, and 2 from last chance qualifier

Tizoc

OK just read the post to know how to enter the giveaway
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Koihime Enbu -- MB-F4EF6AA80DFF420B - Taken by mp1990. 43 entrants total.

t1462098339z1.png

shaowebb

How does koihime play? Execution wise?

Its very low on execution and very high on footsies. There are some combos but I wouldn't even say it has combos as long as KOF. No air dashes either even though its anime. Very simple inputs. Not certain I ran into anything other than standard SF inputs. Though they had some Down, Down moves as well which are about as easy as it gets. Main rhythm is fishing for those special crumple states so you can gain new move properties and combo links. General rule is either bait folks into them or figure out what moves combo into them the easiest and try to get them involved in all your combo attempts.

Also it has assist moves done via quarter circle motions+D. Pretty much you got 3 attacks, then D button stuff and two spare buttons for macro. There are wallbounces and launcher attacks to have fun with as well but dont expect marvel air stuff or whatever.

Here are the basics

jbug617

Banned
Art got 3rd at KVO. Lost to Chun both times believe it was Mov both times

Top 16 via EH

Street Fighter 5 — Results

1. GC|Go1 (Chun-Li)
2. MOV (Chun-Li)
3. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim)
4. Kazunoko (Cammy)
5. Saru (Rashid)
5. Eita
7. GTH|Itsuki
7. Dogura

9. KojiKOG
9. Inbe (Cammy)
9. Inoue (Ken)
9. Youshikibi
13. Kindou
13. Tarezou
13. Banbaban (Ken)
13. Hishou (Necalli)

Messiah

Whoa, #1 on the online leaderboards for SFV makes it to the Capcom Cup? Just heard it on KSB's stream.

You would think they would have put more thought into preventing fraudulent behaviour like ragequitting in the first place if their plan was to give online warriors a shot to get into Capcom Cup from the start.

I just noticed now that your avatar is actually a cyclops.
Indeed it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom