• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelish

Art got 3rd at KVO. Lost to Chun both times believe it was Mov both times

Top 16 via EH

Street Fighter 5 — Results

1. GC|Go1 (Chun-Li)
2. MOV (Chun-Li)
3. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim)
4. Kazunoko (Cammy)
5. Saru (Rashid)
5. Eita
7. GTH|Itsuki
7. Dogura

9. KojiKOG
9. Inbe (Cammy)
9. Inoue (Ken)
9. Youshikibi
13. Kindou
13. Tarezou
13. Banbaban (Ken)
13. Hishou (Necalli)

did kojikog play on stream and does anyone who he plays in sfv? i'll check the archives if there's any footage of him playing sfv.

pixelish

He plays Birdie. I linked a video of him playing GO1 awhile back.

thanks i'll try to find the video on youtube!

btw, is anyone here watching the sennheiser invitational? the production value is surprisingly good. didn't expect them to have pre-produced player interview videos.

Not true. Here's the breakdown:

32 spots

12 from premier + evo
8 from global leaderboard (premier points and rank points)
8 from regional leaderboard (rank points and 2 per region)
4 from regional finals*

*revional finals are made up of 12 offline ranking winners, 2 online ranking winners, and 2 from last chance qualifier

Quoted this to put more emphasis on it because people are still quoting the comment about #1 online player making it. They already detail how all 32 are suppose to get in on their website(capcomprotour.com).

I didn't watch the stream since it was so late, but who said that anyways? Was it Art himself? I'd just like to see official confirmation from Combo or someone from Capcom first. If it's true then they should make an official announcement so the grinders can start working overtime.

shaowebb

I think I found the perfect side game for twitch streamers.

Move or Die

Party game where twitch streamers can change the rules of the match mid match and those rules change every 20 seconds. Things viewers type appear in the match too. If you stop moving your health drains.

Some footage I found
I could see insane interaction between streamers and viewers for this. Looks like a Smash Bros style stage and the rules can get weird like "only win via backstab with chainsaw" or "jump attacks only" or crazy shit like where they shower the stage in bombs or what looked like only colored floor tiles are tangible.

It allows for a LOT of viewer dickery to streamers and some pretty wild streams. Here's hoping this picks up. I'd love to see Maximillian or Floe try this one with some friends vs each other as viewers try to fuck them over.

Shouta

If you want to talk, we're all here to listen.

Taking you up on this front but it's basically that it was related to a certain event this weekend up in this neck of the woods. I've been a part of the organizing group the last few years getting things done and basically been a sponsor because I've flown high profile players in to help energize the event.

The short version of it for this year is that despite putting significant time and resources into the event in my time doing it, most of what I've said has basically ended up being ignored. This year in particular, I've been ignored and I've been left out of the conversation. I've been busy with work so haven't had time to do calls or in-person meetings and they gave me access to some of the resources. However, there were no notes or posts about what went on so I had no idea what was actually discussed. In the end, it was them squirreling everything away so only the folks they let in got access to it.

It all came to a head a few weeks ago. Some discussion occurred but I haven't heard a single word from any of them about the event. So I decided quietly not to show up and still no word come the day of. Yeah, so basically no respect for me and they don't really care.

Taking you up on this front but it's basically that it was related to a certain event this weekend up in this neck of the woods. I've been a part of the organizing group the last few years getting things done and basically been a sponsor because I've flown high profile players in to help energize the event.

The short version of it for this year is that despite putting significant time and resources into the event in my time doing it, most of what I've said has basically ended up being ignored. This year in particular, I've been ignored and I've been left out of the conversation. I've been busy with work so haven't had time to do calls or in-person meetings and they gave me access to some of the resources. However, there were no notes or posts about what went on so I had no idea what was actually discussed. In the end, it was them squirreling everything away so only the folks they let in got access to it.

It all came to a head a few weeks ago. Some discussion occurred but I haven't heard a single word from any of them about the event. So I decided quietly not to show up and still no word come the day of. Yeah, so basically no respect for me and they don't really care.

getting Ogawa and Kojikog last year seemed like a big deal for the event, is this why nothing similar happened this year?

Floe has a twin in Seattle now?.

last I saw he was in New York

Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

Shouta

getting Ogawa and Kojikog last year seemed like a big deal for the event, is this why nothing similar happened this year?

A bit yeah. Quite a bit of trepidation on my part to do so considering the last few years. It's also a transition year for a lot of games, so figuring out who was a good choce was hard. That said, I did have a few ideas I on who to bring after discussing it with some of my JP friends. I decided not to in the end.

You have to do what you think is right. In the case of international players you are putting it on your self to make sure they have a good time and are looked after. So it really is your call,and if nobody wants to work with that then it's one them.

BadWolf

Spending your own money to bring over international players is a pretty big friggin deal.

If the tournament organizers can't appreciate that then screw them.

Shouta

You have to do what you think is right. In the case of international players you are putting it on your self to make sure they have a good time and are looked after. So it really is your call,and if nobody wants to work with that then it's one them.

The international player care wasn't a huge deal because I could do that pretty easily. Last year was a bit of an exception because of Ogawa. I had help from a fellow US player and translator that weekend. I paid him what I had on me at the time for his help.

It was the other aspects of TOing that was ticking me off. I was trying to help out all of the communities as best I could on the planning end. So getting ignored there and just in general was pissing me off. Some of the decisions this year about how things were done got pushed through because I didn't get to push back on them or was ignored. The stream schedule says it all too.

Spending your own money to bring over international players is a pretty big friggin deal.

If the tournament organizers can't appreciate that then screw them.

Right. It's not like I was asking to get compensation for it but since I was sponsoring the event and organizing it at a high level, I was expecting an actual say in decisions. They made it abundantly clear that they didn't see it that way.

It's unfortunate that things have come to this. I know a lot of people appreciate the work you've put in. It always seemed like your scene was really benefiting from it as well.

How many times did you try to discuss your frustrations with being ignored with everyone? It might be easier to find the time to get everyone to listen once everything dies down a bit after this weekend. It'd be a shame for things to turn sour because of a few communication issues.

CurlyW

Sounds like somebody responsible for running one of the streams at NWM decided to straight up leave the venue when it was time for a game he didn't care about to be streamed.

Tripon

Sounds like somebody responsible for running one of the streams at NWM decided to straight up leave the venue when it was time for a game he didn't care about to be streamed.

Tekken streamer, Killer Instinct is the game. Sajam was complaining on twitter about it.

Shouta

It's unfortunate that things have come to this. I know a lot of people appreciate the work you've put in. It always seemed like your scene was really benefiting from it as well.

How many times did you try to discuss your frustrations with being ignored with everyone? It might be easier to find the time to get everyone to listen once everything dies down a bit after this weekend. It'd be a shame for things to turn sour because of a few communication issues.

I think that the communication issues could probably be fixed but the decision making process isn't going to change. That's the core problem and will likely remain even if everything else is solved. I've been pushing for changes for 2 years to no avail. Process revision is something I have a ton of experience in too, but alas. lol

Tekken streamer, Killer Instinct is the game. Sajam was complaining on twitter about it.

That stream is an interesting situation. The core streamers for Seattle Tekken are doing the T7 stream. The ones on the Seattle Tekken channel are helping out as back-ups and something happened. I'm not sure what though as I'm not at the event. The whole stream situation was one of the things I would have pointed out if I had a chance but yeah...

Have you ever considered running your own thing? It's a shame when people can't take critical feedback and make it personal.

Shun

KSB 2016 Day 3 is starting today in the next few minutes

Guilty Gear Xrd R, Ultimate Capcom 3, Smash DX Melee, Smash for Wii U

I have an intense desire to lambaste this person running that particular stream, but I don't know the full story. So, I'll hold off.

.la1n

Did he leave on purpose or just some kind of miscommunication?

I don't see how a miscommunication could result in nobody watching a stream they've been paid to manage. They also chose to at one point mute Steve for telling the chat what a shit show it was.

I like when the fgc plays non-fighting games.

One of my favorite times was when ChrisG played MarlinPie in Bomberman on one of those 8WayRun streams they did in NJ on Tuesday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom