• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I don't see how a miscommunication could result in nobody watching a stream they've been paid to manage. They also chose to at one point mute Steve for telling the chat what a shit show it was.

That muting happened? Ugh.

There are core issues with how some games, namely MKX and KI, and their respective communities were treated at the event. This happened last year too and nothing got fixed. The streamer stuff is kind of the icing on the cake and honestly, it's hard for me to fault them based on my limited knowledge of what was supposed to be going on.

Not like they would listen to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oui. What's up with all the negativity surrounding North American tournaments these days?

It seems to be somewhat standard? It's a little more apparent this weekend because I post here, lol

What stream are you guys watching? Can't easily find it on Eventhubs or Twitch.

It was on TeamKhaos. Mystery Game Grand Finals was Tecmo Bowl 2016.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Taking you up on this front but it's basically that it was related to a certain event this weekend up in this neck of the woods. I've been a part of the organizing group the last few years getting things done and basically been a sponsor because I've flown high profile players in to help energize the event.

The short version of it for this year is that despite putting significant time and resources into the event in my time doing it, most of what I've said has basically ended up being ignored. This year in particular, I've been ignored and I've been left out of the conversation. I've been busy with work so haven't had time to do calls or in-person meetings and they gave me access to some of the resources. However, there were no notes or posts about what went on so I had no idea what was actually discussed. In the end, it was them squirreling everything away so only the folks they let in got access to it.

It all came to a head a few weeks ago. Some discussion occurred but I haven't heard a single word from any of them about the event. So I decided quietly not to show up and still no word come the day of. Yeah, so basically no respect for me and they don't really care.

Yeah, this was fairly frustrating even for me, and I ended up helping out this weekend. Shouta can talk more about if he wants, but even I spent a few days trying to patch everything up, thought it had happened, and then found out that the non-Shouta side had not come through on their end of the bargain. :(

Tekken streamer, Killer Instinct is the game. Sajam was complaining on twitter about it.

Nah, from my understanding it was Tekken's gear, but a KI community member was manning the stream. The Tekken folks were all running the actual Tekken stream. I'm still not 100% sure what happened, to be honest. It sounds like the KI streamer just ended up leaving and leaving Sajam in charge, and no one from KI communicated that the streamer had left until we heard about it on twitter 45 minutes after the fact.

On top of it, I guess the stream was not doing well, and they tried to troubleshoot it and since it wasn't their equipment, it went poorly. All I know for sure is that Slash (Main Streamer) ended up running upstairs to work on the KI stream, while Tex (the Tekken streamer) manned SIash's stream, and one of Tex's friends manned the official Tekken stream for a while.

Still not sure what actually happened up at KI.

Cybit spotting on NWM stream

I was the easiest person to spot in the venue due to the fluorescent vest I was wearing, lol.

That muting happened? Ugh.

There are core issues with how some games, namely MKX and KI, and their respective communities were treated at the event. This happened last year too and nothing got fixed. The streamer stuff is kind of the icing on the cake and honestly, it's hard for me to fault them based on my limited knowledge of what was supposed to be going on.

Not like they would listen to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It seems to be somewhat standard? It's a little more apparent this weekend because I post here, lol

It was on TeamKhaos. Mystery Game Grand Finals was Tecmo Bowl 2016.

:(

Tizoc

1 hour to go
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Koihime Enbu -- MB-F4EF6AA80DFF420B - Taken by mp1990. 43 entrants total.

t1462098339z1.png

shaowebb

1 hour to go

Cmoooooooon waifus. Shaowebb needs to know what "uguu desu nyaaaaaan kyu" translates to so I can make sense of all the plot in this fucking game.

EDIT: Congrats mp1990! This game is pretty awesome. I play the import on ps3 and its really good on footsies. Remember you dont get launchers, or wallbounces till after you crumple someone and some folks can crumple with moves other than just st D. I use a running attack with SonShoko to setup this state a lot of times. Crumples=the key to combo extensions in this game.

Have fun and let us know sometime who you end up maining!

Awesome stream of the Blade Arcus EX finals, Nitroplus tourney, Koihime Enbu tourney, and Dengeki Bunko Ignition tournament
Check it out for some great footage of the gameplay .

El Sloth

Banned
so what's the deal with Avyd? It's been a little more than month since they announced their "platform" and tournament series and not a peep since NCR.

I checked their website and they still dont seem to have whatever their platform is up and running yet.

Do we know what they actually are yet? What's going on with their 100k tournament series?

ShinMaruku

Avyd is ded when cosidering SF. They could get another way into the fighter space but I think they suffer the same delusions of all others have ad that in thinking they need to big ones to get in when they can go smaller cut out a niche and profit off that.

mbpm1

Avyd is ded when cosidering SF. They could get another way into the fighter space but I think they suffer the same delusions of all others have ad that in thinking they need to big ones to get in when they can go smaller cut out a niche and profit off that.

what is this sentence

Tripon

Anyway, that $100,000 tournament at the end doesn't have a date, is split among 5 games and they aren't seeding qualifying tournaments. Avyd is the MVG of the FGC at this point.

ShinMaruku

They should keep building their COD contacts and wait and see I really doubt this is a space they can really move into and see a return.

Some people are trying to accelerate growth to a certain point and it very rarely goes well.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've been going on and on about this for a minute now. It's so fucking good. I just saw it again yesterday, been wanting to see it again since TIFF.

I think I like it more than Blue Ruin honestly, which had this big chunk in the third act I thought shoulda been axed

vulva

I think I like it more than Blue Ruin honestly, which had this big chunk in the third act I thought shoulda been axed
This is easily Saulnier's best. Personally I liked Murder Party better than Blue Ruin as well. Green Room is so perfectly tense, visceral and a gorgeous love letter to what punk is and can be.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
This is easily Saulnier's best. Personally I liked Murder Party better than Blue Ruin as well. Green Room is so perfectly tense, visceral and a gorgeous love letter to what punk is and can be.

Haven't seen Murder Party.

Shouta

I should have turned off the stream after Justin won. What was said after made me think about the last few years and it's just making me more mad. Blegh, sorry for clogging up the thread.

Zissou

Ran into Jazz-ism at KVOxTSB- very nice guy. It's always cool meet somebody in person after only have known of them through their internet presence on GAF etc.

Shouta

It's all good, lol. It just sort of solidifies my resolve to not be involved with the community up here or attend local events again. I'll just play with folks on an individual basis when I have time or maybe attend the events that the communities I'm OK with run.

don't worry. I did so I have no idea what was said

Hah! They were patting themselves on the back about the event and thanking a bunch of folks for making it happen. I thought about the last few years and I realized I've never been publicly acknowledged by them for what I did. Not just with the international players but how much work I had put in, in general.

It's shocking how one revelation really leads to a bunch of others, lol.

NEO0MJ

I thought about the last few years and I realized I've never been publicly acknowledged by them for what I did. Not just with the international players but how much work I had put in, in general.

It's shocking how one revelation really leads to a bunch of others, lol.

Sorry to hear that. They'll realize how badly they messed up next year.

Played some Ultra at Club Sega/Taito station

I am still a gawd and I'm glad they know that now

the jet lag is real and I don't think I can fix this

I walked by Mago like an hour ago randomly and didn't get the chance to call him free

I might try Tekken 7 sometime while I'm here but i'd rather just play the superior virtua fighter tbh

I spent so much money on Nujabes CDs

I wasted money trying to play Dissidia :(

Gundam seems really popular, too bad its about mechs

NEO0MJ

Played some Ultra at Club Sega/Taito station

I am still a gawd and I'm glad they know that now

the jet lag is real and I don't think I can fix this

I walked by Mago like an hour ago randomly and didn't get the chance to call him free

I might try Tekken 7 sometime while I'm here but i'd rather just play the superior virtua fighter tbh

I spent so much money on Nujabes CDs

I wasted money trying to play Dissidia :(

Gundam seems really popular, too bad its about mechs

Catch up with the times, grandpa. Not only have people dropped SF IV, mechas are the new hotness and will stay that way :E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom