• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch up with the times, grandpa. Not only have people dropped SF IV, mechas are the new hotness and will stay that way :E

yeaaa no. got a lot of good games in SFIV and I was satisfied :p

tried revelator but didn't know how to change my controls and didn't know the difference between the easy mode/normal mode controls

http://www.wowow.co.jp/documentary/game/
The wowow documentary on Daigo, momochi, justin, luffy, and gamerbee premiers on the 14th. Supposedly it started a year ago.

CiF6vd1.jpg

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20160502-00000014-mantan-ent

yeaaa no. got a lot of good games in SFIV and I was satisfied :p

tried revelator but didn't know how to change my controls and didn't know the difference between the easy mode/normal mode controls
revelator in the arcade is just picking from several preset controls, type A is GG standard

KSH
P D

I didn't think arcade had easy mode controls? If it does its basically auto comboing stuff. unoptimized combos you can do just by mashing one button, and specials mapped to single button presses + direction. Blazblue has had it for years and its not really used outside of people who just play story modes

I also bought Nesica/Aime cards to use while I was there, figured they made good small souvenirs too. Registering them was a pain but I was able to

Has there still been no updates to training mode in SFV?

Can I still not soft reset or save my training mode settings so I don't have to reset them every time I shut it down?

Kumubou

Not sure when the VF crowd gathers overseas but if you can catch some games with them, that's on my bucket list
Hopefully that ends better for you than it did for me.

Playing in Japan killed my desire to play any fighting game competitively, to be honest. :|

I didn't think arcade had easy mode controls? If it does its basically auto comboing stuff. unoptimized combos you can do just by mashing one button, and specials mapped to single button presses + direction. Blazblue has had it for years and its not really used outside of people who just play story modes
Stylish mode was added to Revelator. Should be the same as latest BB stylish mode I think, auto blocking, mash button to combo, press button for specials.

Stylish mode was added to Revelator. Should be the same as latest BB stylish mode I think, auto blocking, mash button to combo, press button for specials.
I knew it was added to revelator, I just didnt think it was in the arcade release
Hopefully that ends better for you than it did for me.

Playing in Japan killed my desire to play any fighting game competitively, to be honest. :|
playing in Japan made me hype as fuck for central fiction

I knew it was added to revelator, I just didnt think it was in the arcade release
Bwhaaaaa? It's there to make the game more accessible not because console owners are morons with hands growing out of their ass.

Edit: Ok that's mean but it would be really weird to have it in one version of a game and not another.

It's all good, lol. It just sort of solidifies my resolve to not be involved with the community up here or attend local events again. I'll just play with folks on an individual basis when I have time or maybe attend the events that the communities I'm OK with run.

Hah! They were patting themselves on the back about the event and thanking a bunch of folks for making it happen. I thought about the last few years and I realized I've never been publicly acknowledged by them for what I did. Not just with the international players but how much work I had put in, in general.

It's shocking how one revelation really leads to a bunch of others, lol.

gamers taking things for granted is nothing new

sorry about all that, man

Anne

The regular Japanese players who travel are still owning the US players tho.

Eh, atm Justin is one of the Americans that is competitive. He was one combo drop away from beating Tokido at NCR.

Asia has still been ahead of the curve but it's not as dire to watch Americans play them as it was in Ultra right now.

Yeah. I guess it's a good thing you haven't really hopped into the FGC up here, lol.

Well a lot of the reasoning for that has been money woes, but now that I have a steady paycheck the only conceivable thing that would stop me from tournaments is time constraints. I also have to pick up SF5 sometime soon, but I can do that another time since I'll be doing all my payments for EVO trip this and next weekend.

Shouta

Well a lot of the reasoning for that has been money woes, but now that I have a steady paycheck the only conceivable thing that would stop me from tournaments is time constraints. I also have to pick up SF5 sometime soon, but I can do that another time since I'll be doing all my payments for EVO trip this and next weekend.

Oh, if you had let me know, I would have covered some of the venue or tournament fees for ya then, lol. We should meet up and play some games soon then. I can meet ya where it works best for ya, if you want. lol

Oh, if you had let me know, I would have covered some of the venue or tournament fees for ya then, lol. We should meet up and play some games soon then. I can meet ya where it works best for ya, if you want. lol

lol, thanks man

If you're specifically talking about NWM though, I found out about it months ago when I was flat broke so I wasn't too interested in it. Then I forgot about it entirely until one of my roommates reminded me because she's been bugging me to help her train in Smash 4, and I found out from one of the Smash TOs that friendly stations were $30 and I laughed and stayed home.

I get done with training at Nintendo sometime next week so I'll have a better idea of what my general schedule will be like going forward, so maybe we can work something out to have a session or something.

Shouta

lol, thanks man

If you're specifically talking about NWM though, I found out about it months ago when I was flat broke so I wasn't too interested in it. Then I forgot about it entirely until one of my roommates reminded me because she's been bugging me to help her train in Smash 4, and I found out from one of the Smash TOs that friendly stations were $30 and I laughed and stayed home.

I get done with training at Nintendo sometime next week so I'll have a better idea of what my general schedule will be like going forward, so maybe we can work something out to have a session or something.

Just other events in general, not NWM, hehe. Yeah, that casual/friendlies price was silly and it went up compared to last year for no real good reason, tbh.

Let me know when that schedule solidifies.

ShinMaruku

Yep, lack of arcade release will allow the US on the map for an SF game.

The regular Japanese players who travel are still owning the US players tho.

Eh, atm Justin is one of the Americans that is competitive. He was one combo drop away from beating Tokido at NCR.

Asia has still been ahead of the curve but it's not as dire to watch Americans play them as it was in Ultra right now.
Aside from Jystin and Du the Americas will always get washed. Infiltration never had too much of the arcades to help him dominate, it is how he trains, other regions have always been good at practicing smart and I don't expect that to change.

Kumubou

After seeing the competition that was available there, it would have been a Herculean task to replicate even 1/10th of that locally. That and the structure of the games here (i.e.: online) was bad then and it hasn't improved much.

That and then realizing just how much time it would take to get even remotely competent in an enviroment that isn't fit for purpose overseen by developers that treat my community as 4725373th rate citizens. I literally and figuratively don't have time for that shit.
playing in Japan made me hype as fuck for central fiction
I find it hard to care about a game that I would not have access to for months, if not years. By that point, there isn't much to figure out and you just end up x-copying whatever Japanese players figured out. There's no discovery whatsoever.

I find it hard to care about a game that I would not have access to for months, if not years. By that point, there isn't much to figure out and you just end up x-copying whatever Japanese players figured out. There's no discovery whatsoever.
I dont have time for discovery, I just want to play

You are bad at your job. Kappa.
We're actually supposed to say that, but much more tactfully. :p We don't do the phone tips thing anymore which made me kinda sad, but people will still send in snail mail with art, and also with gaming questions. I know some people who got a few gaming questions and would reply back.
I know a guy that did that. He said he got great discounts.

I can confirm this.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202447433]I spent the first year of Marvel 3 in training mode because I had no internet access for my PS3.

Then I just stayed offline for most of UMVC3 because I was so used to the lab time lol[/QUOTE]I wish I could...I find that games that dont have a lot of information available are games I don't spend any real time playing. I enjoyed Nitro+ blasterz, but couldnt find any real info on Saber so I just gave up. Didnt have time to pour through videos and find answers.

my backlog is too stronk

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202447433]I spent the first year of Marvel 3 in training mode because I had no internet access for my PS3.

Then I just stayed offline for most of UMVC3 because I was so used to the lab time lol

combo2ucu85.gif
[/QUOTE]
Your Thor theorycraft was legendary,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom