• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Technically Viper also has something similar to that in that she on a good hit and exectution has 2 kills and a 70% chance mix up.

Dahbomb

Hmmm...I kind of like the idea of trying this with Firebrad/Skrull/Morrigan.

Key is really Morrigan building you that meter so you can keep fishing for this.
No neutral assist means you aren't touching the Zeroes or the Magnetos.

Just play a god damn Zero team.

How does that work? Never played KI.

I've only played with it for a bit, but it's basically that you fight against an AI, and the AI will start to mimic the players actions, from situations/combos/mixups/response time/etc. (even as going as far as how much do you disrespect your opponents) and you can upload it online and let other people fight it.

I think there's more to it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Hearing about aimbots on Overwatch bums me out. I wonder if there is a FG equivalent. Maybe lag switchers? I actually don't know if they exist or how people activate lag switches. You think they would suffer too on a poor connection.

pixelish

Hearing about aimbots on Overwatch bums me out. I wonder if there is a FG equivalent. Maybe lag switchers? I actually don't know if they exist or how people activate lag switches. You think they would suffer too on a poor connection.

or perhaps they're just scrubs who complain about soldier 76's ulti Kappa

Sayad

I've only played with it for a bit, but it's basically that you fight against an AI, and the AI will start to mimic the players actions, from situations/combos/mixups/response time/etc. (even as going as far as how much do you disrespect your opponents) and you can upload it online and let other people fight it.

I think there's more to it, but I'm not 100% sure.
Makes me wonder if they use this to predict your actions online, roll back netcode benefit a lot from a good prediction algorithm.

Sayad

Will the character popularity poll results (the one that Dizzy won) affect the future character release order?: "No, absolutely not"; the results were relatively close, e.g., Bridget was 2nd in that poll but they will not take that into account. They value character use over character popularity when deciding on release order.
YES! I'm ready for Baiken.

Jaxel

Hey guys!

I've just COMPLETELY rewritten my Stream Multi-Viewer (which is linked in the OP of this topic). You'll find that its much easier to use now, and with a much cleaner layout.

Unlike other multi-viewers though, it supports multiple stream services! Not just Twitch, but several others as well! Even YouTube streams!

Example: (twitch, hitbox and youtube on a single page)

http://8wayrun.com/streams/1.forsenlol,7.csgobattle,10.valhalla.NwlZ_uARqg8/multi

That was a decent interview.

The most interesting bit to me, mainly because a lot of other points/arguments have been mentioned by everyone here several times over.

"Players tend to prefer more systematic games, such as Street Fighter, instead of more instinctual games, which are also more emotional.

Brett: GG is one of the few remaining instinctual fighting games."

I thought that depended more on the player and how they approached the game, than anything else.

is there secret tech or something?

Yeah, it's called Git Gud.

"“It’s [wack] to complain about a character if you can’t beat or don’t know how to play the character.

Character design: “We don’t focus on making characters strong or weak, we design them to allow players to make the characters look amazing.” Characters are designed to be catalysts for players with strong abilities.”"

I haven't read the interview yet, but GG/Xrd is anything but an instinctual game in the traditional sense. That quote sounds absurd to me taken out of context.

Maybe, in regards to the combo system, I guess.

Thanks for this. My favorite quotes:

Pachi wrote Ogawa's EVO notes. “Ogawa listens to anything I say.” "I'm his father, he's my son." The notes were on matchups and player habits.

Beautiful. :-D

US vs Japanese players: Americans do money matches, but Japanese players always have to pay money to play. “The 100 yen you put in per game at an arcade has more weight than the 1000 yen you put down for a money match. The weight of that 100 yen is truly heavy.” Head-to-head setups hide your opponent; you might not always know who you’re fighting but you know you just want to beat him.
I never considered this before. I wonder if that helps with nerves - Japanese players always have something at stake.

I never considered this before. I wonder if that helps with nerves - Japanese players always have something at stake.

For sure. Arcades in America provided the same benefit - ask any OG.

This is why I respect the Smash scene's approach to money matches. They favor high frequencies of small amounts (cents on a dollar at times) over high stakes because they see the value in playing high rates of matches with something on the line.

Well, that, and they're largely broke college kids.

At least, that's how it was when I was a part of it in the Melee days.

For sure. Arcades in America provided the same benefit - ask any OG.

This is why I respect the Smash scene's approach to money matches. They favor high frequencies of small amounts (cents on a dollar at times) over high stakes because they place the see the value in playing high rates or matches something on the line.

At least, that's how it was when I was a part of it in the Melee days.
Too bad it's illegal for Capcom to allow this in-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom