• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

I haven't read the interview yet, but GG/Xrd is anything but an instinctual game in the traditional sense. That quote sounds absurd to me taken out of context.

Maybe, in regards to the combo system, I guess.

funny--that specific quote really resonated with my GG experience. it just feels like there's so much room for self-expression and dynamic gameplay. the amount of clutch plays you can pull off is exhilarating and hilarious. like, there are definitely plenty of elements that contradict the concept of the game being "instinctual," but it nonetheless feels very apt.

Yeah, the more I think on it: I would say GG requires a more instinctual approach to be truly good at it, because there's so many dynamic elements that stack and interact with each other without consideration for the pace of the game: but it's far from instinctual in terms of coming to grips with the game as whole. It's not intuitive, if that's what he means.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey guys!

I've just COMPLETELY rewritten my Stream Multi-Viewer (which is linked in the OP of this topic). You'll find that its much easier to use now, and with a much cleaner layout.

Unlike other multi-viewers though, it supports multiple stream services! Not just Twitch, but several others as well! Even YouTube streams!

Example: (twitch, hitbox and youtube on a single page)

http://8wayrun.com/streams/1.forsenlol,7.csgobattle,10.valhalla.NwlZ_uARqg8/multi

No freebies anymore. Ten bucks per advertisement in FGH.

No english is not my first language. But I don't think just throwing an if in a sentence is a free pass to say anything. Like if I wasn't such a magnanimous person I might think you are acting like a complete idiot and a tool right now.

No english is not my first language. But I don't think just throwing an if in a sentence is a free pass to say anything. Like if I wasn't such a magnanimous person I might think you are acting like a complete idiot and a tool right now.

Do me a favor: don't respond to my posts anymore.

You're needlessly antagonistic with me on this forum and Discord and I'm over it.

The word "if" was deliberately placed to show a lack of confidence in the position. This is a basic property of a conditional English statement.

But keep throwing around words like "tool" and "idiot" like you're not the ligature to those large and powerful tribes.

*edit*

That post was not some insult. I don't even see how it can be interpreted as such. The scope of this community is quite international. That was a legitimate question, that gets asked, quite literally, all the time around here.

Do me a favor: don't respond to my posts anymore.
Just put me on an ignore list if you don't want to read what I write. It's the simplest and fairest solution.

"I don't know if English is your first language or not, but there's that "if" word you're not giving enough credit."

Even if that is not an insult, it clearly implies miscommunication due to an incomplete understanding of the language. It's not even really necessary for the statement you wanted to make. If you genuinely wanted to no, it was a bit of a weird time and place to ask the question.

Either way this got onto a really wild tangent. Not that it's the wrong place for it go. Since I originally made that statement because I think you are projecting your frustrations with Guilty Gear onto the original intent of the "instinctive" statement. That's just my guess though based on your initial disagreement.

He was perma banned and came back under an alt that doesnt even attempt to hide his particular posting style.

He may be here r i g h t n o w
i mean
For sure. Arcades in America provided the same benefit - ask any OG.

This is why I respect the Smash scene's approach to money matches. They favor high frequencies of small amounts (cents on a dollar at times) over high stakes because they see the value in playing high rates of matches with something on the line.

Well, that, and they're largely broke college kids.

At least, that's how it was when I was a part of it in the Melee days.

jbhmmm.png

N4Us

The 100 yen you put in per game at an arcade has more weight than the 1000 yen you put down for a money match. The weight of that 100 yen is truly heavy.

This was why even playing casuals at say, Southtown Arcade was nerve-wracking back in the day. You're thinking "Shit, I don't have much money left, and I NEED these matches/practice time". You weren't really choosing your opponent either so you had to make the best of it even if you got rocked.

Compared to playing casuals at console stations now, the intensity's not really there and learning feels a bit sluggish now that you don't have a big pressure on you.

Nuu

Banned
I feel that the American FGC using money matches has its strengths and weaknesses. One of the strengths is that it likely leads to more overall matches and practice time for everyone.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Disney is out of the publishing game. I wonder if Capcom can convince Disney to license Marvel for MvC4.

It's not a question of 'convincing' them of anything, it's a question of paying out the ass for the licenses of all those characters.

petghost

Banned
I don't understand?

If I'm not liked or wanted here, just say so?

I won't post here anymore.

Like, seriously, what the fuck is happening right now?

I like your posts....some people just gonna exploit any kind of potential weaknessof people because they are legit assholes and get a kick out of it.

Nuu

Banned
Marvel is unfortunately too expensive of a license for Capcom and really almost anyone who isn't Activision or EA.

Maybe something cheaper like Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2? How about Image vs Capcom?

Possibly they could pull a Namco and create Nintendo vs Capcom?

Dahbomb

Capcom isn't making a fighting game for a while thanks to SFV.

Probably going all in on RE, MH and DMC now. Haven't even heard Capcom say "aggressive" before. I guess the investors must be sweating bullets right and Capcom has to pacify them with bold phrases.

Nuu

Banned
So I played a little bit of Snk vs Capcom Chaos. The game seems fun enough. Why did the game have such a bad reputation during release?

EDIT - Reading up on it it seems like some sort of prototype of NGBC. Maybe that's why I kind of like it?

Dahbomb

We need a checklist that we can checkoff when we get to certain topics that get brought up a lot
Capcom All Stars roster
SFV is a massive failure
DAIGOAT
Anime
Triforce
Random FGC twitter drama
Marvel licensing non sense
Tier lists
KFC vs Popeye
Alt users that were permabanned before
How netcode still sucks in fighting games and online integration is still a decade behind
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee sports
Random FGW user fangirling over their favorite fighter
Mike "Miek Russ" gets dunked on in Capcom Pro Talk

I think that about covers it

ShinMaruku

Capcom isn't making a fighting game for a while thanks to SFV.

Probably going all in on RE, MH and DMC now. Haven't even heard Capcom say "aggressive" before. I guess the investors must be sweating bullets right and Capcom has to pacify them with bold phrases.

SF5 is fine and they should not make another fighting game for a few years regardless of how sf does. As for agressive. DMC collab with Oneechanbara so Dante and Kagura can mate and their spawn be in marvel 4. :p

Neoxon

Disney is out of the publishing game. I wonder if Capcom can convince Disney to license Marvel for MvC4.
Two issues still remain...
  • Is Capcom willing to pay whatever the licensing fee is to renew the Marvel license?
  • Would Capcom, or the fans, be okay with the removal of every single X-Men & Fantastic Four character (there's a ban on those characters in new video games made after Contest of Champions)?
And before you guys ask, yes, Deadpool is also banned from appearing in new post-CoC games. Same goes for Wolverine. As for Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch, they're only allowed on a case-by-case basis. Disney does have a positive relationship with Capcom, as shown by DuckTales Remastered still being sold & helping revive the DuckTales franchise (there's a new cartoon coming, next year). On top of that, Marvel still has respect for the Marvel vs. Capcom series (with some references in their cartoons & comics). It's just the two issues above that could hold back another Marvel vs. Capcom game in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom