• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

I wonder if any Americans will attend Stunfest seeing as Toryuken is the same weekend. Kinda hoping at least Justin goes to Stunfest.
Americans will pick the easier tournament to go to. This is why I also expect the West coast to go to Japonwa in TJ instead of Combo Breaker, because they are both on the same weekend.

shaowebb

SFV sold (shipped?) 1.4 million

more than I expected tbh

Same. I guess the difference between this and SFxTekken is that it shipped functioning very well and as an exclusive fighter on a popular console with no new next gen fighters to compete. Well that and not doing entire host of shit they did to insult players with SFxTekken again lol.

Like SFxTekken though they are still playing catch up as they go, but unlike SFxTekken its not to patch horrible gameplay bugs and it doesn't have on disc cast and dlc gems hovering around making folks feel ripped off in both content and quality. The lack of content made folks feel RIGHTFULLY ripped off, but its being patched in for free unlike the content I mentioned in SFxTekken. So apparently folks will support a game that makes amends post launch in terms of content so long as it puts that content in for free later, plays well already and isn't a game full of shit designed to divide players from the have and have nots like gems were. The survival mode stuff is bullshit but at least it seems more tolerable than shit like "autoblock" gems.

I'm glad its doing well in spite of itself. Had it tanked it could have meant Capcom just abandoning fighters for awhile again given all the flops they had. It'll be a nice game once they get the rest of the content put in so I guess capcom is learning some things even though they are clearly still making mistakes.

Its still not a good value to me until its all there though. I'll be playing KOF 14 instead. Can't wait for party mode. I need to get onto getting a new PS4 compatible PCB for my stick.

Dahbomb

Capcom said they are going "full offensive" in the latter half of the 2nd year.

Probably means RE7 and DMC5 incoming. Though what it actually means is that they are trying to calm their investors.

shaowebb

LOL at that article trying to act like things would be better if it had also shipped on Xbox One. Given how much they didn't have made at launch already what kind of condition do they think it would have launched in had they needed to also shell out the cash to develop for ANOTHER console on top of the workload they were already dealing with? Not like games just pop up for free ready to play on an entirely different system with perfect parity of performance. I get they were trying to muse about what it would be like if it had a larger player base but acting like it could have just been better had it also been on X1 is silly. Theres no way of knowing what condition this already thread bare title would be in had they been forced to split their focus anymore on hardware spec shit.
Capcom said they are going "full offensive" in the latter half of the 2nd year.

Probably means RE7 and DMC5 incoming. Though what it actually means is that they are trying to calm their investors.

I'd like this. Safe money would probably be more Monster Hunter though. I think were ready for another DMC though I would like to see RE allowed to cool a bit more on the market.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I wonder if any Americans will attend Stunfest seeing as Toryuken is the same weekend. Kinda hoping at least Justin goes to Stunfest.

It's a premiere event. Any pro player who claims to be taking this game seriously that skips it is auto fraud status.

shaowebb

Honestly, if it were me I'd be taking advantage of Nintendo's Near Field Connectivity and their manufacturing to work out a deal for Megaman as a "Mario Maker" style title utilizing Disney Infinity's economics of selling figures to give people setpieces and parts to build with. The amount of merch I could see Master Bots and Megaman amiibo selling is pretty high and a Megaman Maker style game is pretty doable in terms of costs. Plus it'd allow them to appeal to all the various Megaman series fans in a single title thats easy to expand upon for continued profit.

Kind of hurts that we're so close to NX though and dont know its stuff. If the setup for developers is similar to that of the Wii U in terms of NFC options and the ability to "opt in" and utilize Nintendo to setup your amiibo manufacturing and distribution then I say go for it. Just think of how many seasons you could get out of each master robot series. There are 10 games and at least 8 master robots in just the original Megaman series alone. Thing would print money for awhile. It'd just need a way to guarantee you aren't too threadbare on stuff to build with without amiibo. Sell em card packs for stuff or have the zenny setup by playing and beating stuff to get a few things out of a marketplace. I'd mainly see amiibo as bulk acquisitions of setpieces, playable character, and a new boss enemy with its own AI to throw in stages.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
They mean that RE game, the new Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter, and Ace Attorney 6. IIRC that statement was for the Japanese market.

Shao, I want to be all over KOF XIV too, but for me it all boils down to how well the game plays online. More bad SNK console netcode means the game is DOA for me. I hope this is not the case.

pixelish

congrats to our very own zts for winning the tekken 7 tournament at wizard world
Wizard World Gaming ‏@WizardWorldGame 20h
Congratulations to our top 3 for TEKKEN 7 here at @WizardWorld Minneapolis! 1st: ZTS, 2nd: Rip & 3rd: Mystic Bill

Ch9bS6gUkAAQYOo.jpg

shaowebb

They mean that RE game, the new Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter, and Ace Attorney 6. IIRC that statement was for the Japanese market.

Shao, I want to be all over KOF XIV too, but for me it all boils down to how well the game plays online. More bad SNK console netcode means the game is DOA for me. I hope this is not the case.

Yeah KOF is already unforgiving on combos. The amount I saw dropped at every KOF 13 tourney alone was testament to that. Bad Netcode would just be horrible for folks to seriously sink their time into if they wanted to compete in KOF. Here's hoping we get something good.

Heh..maybe they can just buy up Mike Z or Mad Scientist to build them some Rollback like KI, Skullgirls and Meltyblood. It'd be nice.

Essay

yo, someone else actually going to toryuken?

I havent been practicing guilty at all. Been playing Blaz for combo breaker. Toryuken won't go well for me

I've been quiet lately, but I'll be there for Gear.

Forgot how busy Toronto gets on Victoria Day weekend though, so I don't have high hopes for finding a great place to stay last minute. :O

I've been quiet lately, but I'll be there for Gear.

Forgot how busy Toronto gets on Victoria Day weekend though, so I don't have high hopes for finding a great place to stay last minute. :O

I'd love to go but flying from WC Canada to Florida is cheaper than flying to Toronto lol

Man GAF sales threads are something else. I don't think I've seen so much made up bullshit just to justify one's own opinion. Like someone has to be right about the fact it's a bomba so they make up some narrative to justify it.

shaowebb

Man GAF sales threads are something else. I don't think I've seen so much made up bullshit just to justify one's own opinion. Like someone has to be right about the fact it's a bomba so they make up some narrative to justify it.

Meh. Bomba, huge hit. Niche title. Popular title. Who cares anymore.Play what you enjoy and try things when you can afford them.

Heck today I gave Hydro Thunder Hurricane a shot. Had no idea their was a Rubber Ducky you could select to play as till today :D

shaowebb

AHAHAHA! What? Thats ridiculous. Unblockable setup and Morrigan builds enough bar they can keep snapping in and out till your whole team is dead off a single clean hit.

One hit is literally GG.

EDIT: I guess the only option is dont block and come out swinging with all that meter or use X-factor cancels. I still see it as strong though. Firebrand Skrull still gets mileage for having an unblockable but it doesn't build this meter.

shaowebb

Hmmm...I kind of like the idea of trying this with Firebrad/Skrull/Morrigan.

Key is really Morrigan building you that meter so you can keep fishing for this.

NEO0MJ

This should be common knowledge if you follow tekken

As much as I enjoy the series I don't follow the Tekken thread much :p

Also, my copy of TTT2 that I lent to a friend was accidentally sold along with the PS3 by his bro and I never bothered with it again.

Donny

Hey guys,

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

My uncle has asked me for help with his computer degree dissertation. His dissertation will based on how AI works on fighting games, preferably street fighter. However, I can’t find anything on the subject by searching on google.

Is Dev Gaf able to help? It would be great if anyone could provide any technical documentation/presentations on the topic.

Strange request, but I vaguely remember seeing a special version of Tekken 6 with really sophisticated water physics that never made it into the final game. Anyone have video of this?

Sayad

Hey guys,

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

My uncle has asked me for help with his computer degree dissertation. His dissertation will based on how AI works on fighting games, preferably street fighter. However, I can’t find anything on the subject by searching on google.

Is Dev Gaf able to help? It would be great if anyone could provide any technical documentation/presentations on the topic.
Recent fighting games don't really care about AI, it would probably be much more interesting to look into something like Virtua Fighter 4, which had a mode where you could train an AI through sparring then test it against other AIs.

Sayad

Thanks for this. I remember being sooo disappointed, lol. I wonder if that Octave engine video is available anywhere in higher resolution. Maybe Tekken 7 can match it.
Don't remember seeing any Tekken 7 water level, but I remember it being even worse in TTT2, understandably so.

ZTS is Deckard Cain?
Nope, according to him. That and I haven't seen ZTS mention Sakurai, at all.

Recent fighting games don't really care about AI, it would probably be much more interesting to look into something like Virtua Fighter 4, which had a mode where you could train an AI through sparring then test it against other AIs.

Might wanna give KI and it's shadow AI a look too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom