• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

tumblr_n96cv1Uap21qcxbheo2_500.gif

De fleste bestemt ikke.

nice try

pizzacat

Banned
i traded in DS3 because i completed it and am losing access to this XB1 next week, will prolly buy it again when the DLC drops in winter or whenever

also bestbuy GCU is too good
GCU is God tier

Traded in Splatoon, black ops 3 and bloodborne and got uncharted 4 and the collection.

NEO0MJ

i traded in DS3 because i completed it and am losing access to this XB1 next week, will prolly buy it again when the DLC drops in winter or whenever

You american scum and your convenient trading and purchasing options :mad:

Numb

The only place to trade in here is shitty cheating gamestop but still do it

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You're going to need SEA to really get involved in order to grow the FGC more. And they don't seem as much interested.

notworksafe

So wait... what's up with this year's EVO that has people worried? Forgive me, I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Multiple venues, 4k entires for SFV, and other general issues considering that EVO has managed to drop the ball on something literally every year and is always disorganized as hell.

Multiple venues, 4k entires for SFV, and other general issues considering that EVO has managed to drop the ball on something literally every year and is always disorganized as hell.

All of these, time, organization, equipment needed.

Time, I would say, is the biggest problem. That's a fuckton of people.

I see. It seams EVO has steadily been increasing in popularity as not only the FGC community continues to grow (SFV got a couple of my friends pretty deep into the technicalities of FGs for the first time), but casual spectators have been increasingly intrigued thanks to mainstream coverage, so these potential problems make sense and do seem worrisome. Have the staff not shown they are properly accommodating this growth?

Yep. EVO is a shit show usually on every day but finals day. It's going to be that normal shit show x5 plus a shit show on Sunday now too. Remember EVO relies on volunteers to run pools as well & you need zero credentials to run a pool which leads to a lot of issues during pools.

Still extra salty about how they are handling finals day. I should be able to buy front row seats if I want them & not hope I get them & hope the tickets I bought are near each other. Can you imagine if any actual sporting event did this shit? "Oh you can buy floor level seating but it's completely random assigned seating. Oh you want to sit with people you know so you can talk, be social, and have a good time? I'm sorry you're only allowed to do that in the nose bleed section."

shaowebb

Yep. EVO is a shit show usually on every day but finals day. It's going to be that normal shit show x5 plus a shit show on Sunday now too. Remember EVO relies on volunteers to run pools as well & you need zero credentials to run a pool which leads to a lot of issues during pools.

Still extra salty about how they are handling finals day. I should be able to buy front row seats if I want them & not hope I get them & hope the tickets I bought are near each other. Can you imagine if any actual sporting event did this shit? "Oh you can buy floor level seating but it's completely random assigned seating. Oh you want to sit with people you know so you can talk, be social, and have a good time? I'm sorry you're only allowed to do that in the nose bleed section."

Damn...thats some rough stuff. Here's hoping all machines are at least updated and patched this year. God help us on pool schedules.

Said it once before here but FGC stuff is too big to try and run it all on a single weekend event now. Some games will need their own superbowls and big weekends. You just can't keep cramming more and more into the same weekend like this. Stuff is gonna have to start doing seasons or something soon or they're gonna have to start capping tournies.

FACE

Banned
It'll be interesting to see how much traction Radiant's League of Legends fighter gets. Free to play, simplified controls and one of the biggest IP's in gaming attached, if it can't succeed then nothing will.

I hope it doesn't.

If it's getting made, that is.

Playing Doom on a controller must be hard.

Lemstar

What's the considered the current best brick and mortar solution for getting cash for gaming stuff.

I've got way too much gaming stuff.

Does b&m entail only b&m? A lot of stuff is going to be way better off being sold online.

One option that a lot of people don't think about is trading into GameStop with the right promos and cashing out trade credit with gift cards. People are happy to pay 90% of face value for Amazon gift cards, and GameStop's values for in-demand games are often high enough to be worthwhile.

Instead of trading stuff in just sell at Amazon.com

I absolutely hate it when people suggest selling games on Amazon, since it's fucking horrid. You get more eyes on your item, but the fees are absolutely exorbitant (15% + $2.34 compared to eBay's 12.9% + $0.30) and it's difficult to differentiate yourself as a seller via other methods (listing details, return policy, shipping cost), so it's almost always the lowest priced listing that sells.

Nuu

Banned
I absolutely hate it when people suggest selling games on Amazon, since it's fucking horrid. You get more eyes on your item, but the fees are absolutely exorbitant (15% + $2.34 compared to eBay's 12.9% + $0.30) and it's difficult to differentiate yourself as a seller via other methods (listing details, return policy, shipping cost), so it's almost always the lowest priced listing that sells.

Still better than trading games in.

Sayad

Again RTSes only got big with StarCraft in Korea at a different time. You gotta remember Brood War is so old now my 40 year old supervisor played it in college. It's like saying Tekken 7 could sell 9 million copies because Tekken 3 did it back in 1997. It's not comparable. StarCraft has been on the heavy decline for awhile.
SC2 + expansions sold comparably to SC1 + Brood Wars, that's nowhere near Tekken's current situation! That and SC2, while on decline, still got bigger esport prizes than SC:BW ever did!

SC2 + expansions sold comparably to SC1 + Brood Wars, that's nowhere near Tekken's current situation! That and SC2, while on decline, still got bigger esport prizes than SC:BW ever did!

From what I understand from a friend of mine who dropped Tekken for Starcraft. StarCraft 2 never came close to matching Brood War in popularity & prize money. I'm inclined to believe him unless you have statistics that say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom