• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

I wouldn't either.

I would instead have them working on Capcom All Stars and DMC5.

Both of which make a hell of a lot more sense than MVC4.

Only way MVC4 makes sense is if Disney money hats it AND starts to sponsor big FG events around it including putting in big pots. Now that is something that would benefit a lot of people especially the players and the community.

Give us capcom all stars

Give us ANY 3v3 vs style gameplay. Seriously...I need team build synergy to keep me happy. Customizing my favorite characters options by alliancing with other roster cast is a thing I miss in fighting games. Even the single player anime fighters that had assists like Dengeki , Koihime, and Nitroplus, as great as they are, aren't the same thing. They're close but not quite what I'm after.

Capcom All-Stars already exists, you dummies

7gckSSd.png

shaowebb

Shit that things a TCG and its not even in english. I like TCG...I even won a physical copy of the Capcom vs SNK card game and played the shit outta the sequel on DS.

I wouldn't mind actually playing this, but I cant. :(
Sucks that all the TCG I wanna play aren't translated lately. I'm currently playing Culdcept 3ds with a translation page open on my PC or phone. I'll be doing the same with the sequel in July if they dont get their shit together and localize that series into english again.

ShinMaruku

Instead of pushing for Marvel 4 why not get low hanging fruit and make capcom make a few action games to see if they can get some sales then push for marvel.

Dahbomb

Instead of pushing for Marvel 4 why not get low hanging fruit and make capcom make a few action games to see if they can get some sales then push for marvel.
Capcom has been getting pressured to make new DMC/Onimusha/DD/VJ/Dino Crisis for a while now. That and of course a new MM game.

Out of those only DMC seems likely. Maybe Onimusha gets green lit if Ni-Oh does well.

I get that idea. Strengthen your brand by making good action games with a bunch of your IPs so people don't go "who" when they finally decide to put Gene in a fighter. Every good game that Capcom makes help out their future Capcom all stars game... but every bad one hurts them even more.

Kalamari

Did Capcom honestly expect to sell SFV in large numbers when they released a title that lacked a lot of modes and content? If so, they they learned a very very hard lesson.

I still have no idea why people want a stupid Capcom All Stars game. Part of what makes Marvel so great is the flight mechanics & outside of Morrigan & Sim Capcom characters don't fly. The game would end up being like TVC which although kinda fun is not Marvel at all.

Dahbomb

Magic requires strategy. Yugioh is all about big powerful creatures and one turn kills. Perfect for Marvel fans. :p
YGO truly is the Marvel of the TCGs.

Big combos, big board clears, big spells, all in strategies, Exodias, comeback mechanics, combining monsters to make bigger monsters. Cards are usually either hilariously broken or hilariously garbage.

Though YGO requires strategy too even though sometimes you just play out a game like solitaire. Not all that different from Magic in that regard.

Part of what makes Marvel so great is the flight mechanics & outside of Morrigan & Sim Capcom characters don't fly.
They can put in a bunch of characters that can fly.

Like for example they can make Bison fly. Or Jedah. Or Nina. Or Anakarsis.

If they can make Trish fly then stuff like that isn't farfetched.

ShinMaruku

Capcom has been getting pressured to make new DMC/Onimusha/DD/VJ/Dino Crisis for a while now. That and of course a new MM game.

Out of those only DMC seems likely. Maybe Onimusha gets green lit if Ni-Oh does well.

I get that idea. Strengthen your brand by making good action games with a bunch of your IPs so people don't go "who" when they finally decide to put Gene in a fighter. Every good game that Capcom makes help out their future Capcom all stars game... but every bad one hurts them even more.
I think Onimusha will get the greenlight depending on how much their people are tied up.

That said I would say make them make games they are best at and then use that to build their stuff.

VS and Fly mechanics are only synonymous with the Marvel games. Outside Tatsunoko there's the obvious Capcom V SNK series that excluded Flying.

I'm all for a more grounded Versus game series that plays more like an Alpha/KOF game than a new Marvel Vs style game. In fact, that's my ideal FG.

UMvC3 doesn't need a new game right now, it's still growing gameplay-wise, at the very least.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
YGO truly is the Marvel of the TCGs.

Big combos, big board clears, big spells, all in strategies, Exodias, comeback mechanics, combining monsters to make bigger monsters. Cards are usually either hilariously broken or hilariously garbage.

Though YGO requires strategy too even though sometimes you just play out a game like solitaire. Not all that different from Magic in that regard.

They can put in a bunch of characters that can fly.

Like for example they can make Bison fly. Or Jedah. Or Nina. Or Anakarsis.

If they can make Trish fly then stuff like that isn't farfetched.

The strategy in Yugioh is: don't let your opponent play

shaowebb

Hey guys, does anybody have a link to the clip where they were playing Marvel 3 to the Power Rangers theme and the announcer is saying once that solo kicks in this dude is gonna make his comeback and he was right? I was explaining to my wife a song that has that same effect to me like the Cat Stevens "everyday I'm husslin" thing and we got to talking about this awesome moment.

Can't find that match at all.

Sayad

Can't stand the idea of an MvC4 without X-Men, I'd take any Capcom fighting game over it, save MvC4 to when Disney work their shit with Fox, it's bound to happen any decade now.

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah the idea of a marvel without the only characters in marvel worth a damn is blasphemous. Especially since they would push lane ass characters from the movies.

Nty.

Someone said it here, a continuation of the grounded alpha/kof style of capcom v SNK, doesn't even need to be SNK but I want a team base capcom game bringing out these old ips they talked aboud

Can't stand the idea of an MvC4 without X-Men, I'd take any Capcom fighting game over it, save MvC4 to when Disney work their shit with Fox, it's bound to happen any decade now.

Yup. Only Marvel characters I care about are the X-Men and Spider-Man (though I'd like to see Punisher as well). The roster would be so ass if it was just the avengers on the Marvel side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom