• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange FGC question I wonder if anyone in here can help me with.

Is there any top flight player in any game who is actually diagnosed as autistic (as opposed to folks who are assumed to be)?

I've been thinking and, despite stereotypes and certain people using the word a bunch, I actually cannot think of anyone. There's a lot of people who've been considered top flight over the years, and the condition is not uncommon in men (1/40 men have it).

I'm mostly curious for personal reasons. Like I said, it's a strange question.

We are now super bros. TVC and CVS were definitely da best.

sT4IRTP.gif

Tik-Tok

Is there any top flight player in any game who is actually diagnosed as autistic (as oppposed to folks who are assumed to be)?

I've been thinking and, despite stereotypes and certain people using the word a bunch, I actually cannot think of anyone. There's a lot of people who've been considered top flight over the years, and the condition is not uncommon in men (1/40 men have it).

Mew2King

Zhie keeps alluding Poongko being autistic, but that could just be Zhie being Zhie.

He does, it's one of the things that I was thinking about today. Autism as a perjorative or stereotype rather than a normal disability which is just someone being recognised as different but equal.

mbpm1

I have heard lots of people speculate about certain players like M2K. I want to know if anyone's actually come out and gone 'I'm autistic'. That is a very important difference.

I really don't want this answer to be 'nobody'. :(

M2K has said so himself IIRC

Zhi has said so as well I think, but he's no top player

shaowebb

Polymar is such a scoundrel. He immediately went for the balls, lol.

When a dude shows up in a bodysuit with a speedo and an arrow pointing at his junk it is to let everyone know they are about to get fucked lol.

Thats actually one of the more MILD intros he had. One time he showed up and in his intro with no idea who was doing what or was a good guy or bad guy he within one scene ran over a dog with a plane and knocked the shit out of some lady who was standing too close to him in a fight.

UhdDKGN.gif

He had never met either character and couldn't have known if they were a badguy or good guy.

Hurricane Polymar. BEST CHARACTER IN A FIGHT.
Looking back, Karas sometimes felt like a predecessor for Vergil regarding some of his moves. Maybe I should replay it sometime.

Him and Tekkaman Blade actually. You'll find a lot of Vergils shit on their movesets. A lot of Marvel was borrowing concepts from TVC. I fully believe had Daredevil made it in he would have been based off of Yatterman-1's disjointed hitbox dash heavy moveset with his devil sticks. Roster is pretty solid all over in terms of cool concepts for movesets. Karas/Polymar was actually one of my first teams. Karas has a teleport dash so you can lock em down with Polymar's Razor Kick assist and teleport behind them for a left right mixup. Since Polymar fwd+M is a command dodge roll you can call Karas at point blank and roll behind with him as well for a similar left right.

I rolled Karas/Polymar for mixups
I rolled Cashern/Polymar for DHC combo glory
I roll Tekkaman Blade/Polymar now for overall mix of damage, easy confirms and options.

shaowebb

Dude is a murderer

Fools shouldn't have gotten in his way

I never seen an ass whoopin like the ones he dishes out. Its the kind of beating that I'd expect if someone woke up after one they'd end up waking up spitting out SOMEONE ELSES teeth.
4zEgmY9.gif

No more half measures...
Dude hit like a fucking truck in the game too. He could cancel into his pose from normals for symbols and spend those symbols to cancel out of Razor kick into either a high, low or command grab or another Razor kick. Imagine if Chun Li could cancel out of her kick into that sorta shit while hitting like Haggar, whilst calling an assist all with the ability to combo into command grabs and dodge roll during pressure. Plus his normals hit twice! Its like rekka pressure for nothing.

Plus if you saved all his glyphs he got a lvl 3 command grab that hit like Raging Demon. You couldn't sleep on this guy.

already registered . . . apparently i signed up for 4 games, too bad i can't remember what they are and this receipt isn't tellin me shit but luckily i remembered, pokken didn't make the cut

Shouta

Is there any top flight player in any game who is actually diagnosed as autistic (as opposed to folks who are assumed to be)?

Unsure of the exact condition but Ogawa was diagnosed with a development disorder.

shaowebb

These gifs have no context. The dog was a robot, the other people were shit heels. The only thing you can get on polymar is he fights dirty. :p

THAT dog was not a robot. It was later back on the show clean of mind control. Injured but okay. The girl was working with the bad guys but he didn't know that at the time.

The dogs that were robots were these.

VpJPiBm.gif
U9gI0dh.gif

mQEU4Mr.gif

Robot dogs was a different episode entirely. BTW when he went for the eyes in that first one he didn't know they were robots yet. Thats how he found out...when his normal hurricane style didn't result in gore but sparks.

And Polymar did indeed kill and was brutal. Threw dudes headfirst into lava, punched them through stone pillars, crushed them under boulders, gouged out their eyes, broke their necks, killed their family (one dude came back for revenge and failed for an episode because Polymar killed his brother like an ant and gave no fucks), and in general he wouldn't stop hitting folks long after they went limp.

Polymar truly was a hurricane out there. Out of control, dangerous to get near in a fight, and violent beyond measure. Its no wonder his pressure was made so scary in TVC.
if it was any good, it would be timeless

but it ain't

In the countries Polymar aired in he is still a big thing much the way G-Force was over here. Spain and Italy are particularly big on all things Tatsunoko.

shaowebb

Honestly if their was a fighting game of just old 70's era fighting robots it'd be pretty awesome. Get some Mazinger up in there vs some Getter Robo. Course that'd mean Toei vs Tatsunoko product but still thats a dream come true in any form.

I would enjoy another Giant Robot fighting game though. Been a long time since the Gundam 2d fighters and the new style arena flight Gundam vs fullboost breaker whatever things aren't what I'm talking about.

Guess there's always Rising Thunder for robot fights. Hows it doin' anyhow?

shaowebb

Was that due to them being bought by Riot and license stuff or just shut down in general?

EDIT: All I can find is they are starting development on somehting else. If that means a LoL fighting game then I'd be super into that even though I dont play LoL. The character designs in that title are spot on and I'd love to see them in more stuff.

Honestly if their was a fighting game of just old 70's era fighting robots it'd be pretty awesome. Get some Mazinger up in there vs some Getter Robo. Course that'd mean Toei vs Tatsunoko product but still thats a dream come true in any form.

I would enjoy another Giant Robot fighting game though. Been a long time since the Gundam 2d fighters and the new style arena flight Gundam vs fullboost breaker whatever things aren't what I'm talking about.

Guess there's always Rising Thunder for robot fights. Hows it doin' anyhow?

I got into a robot fighting game called "One Must Fall"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom