• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Damn I missed this Justin Wong talk.

True story:

Justin Wong goes around wearing a 15 numbered jersey sometimes.

One Mike "Miek Russ" Ross asked him "hey Justin why do you have the 15 on there?"

And Justin replies in the most nonchalant manner "oh that was how old I was when I first EVO"

Mike Ross "......"

https://youtu.be/DrpzdZrd4T4

In video form.

Nightii

Banned
So, the question I made earlier...has Alex gotten anything close to a good resulta sinxe coming out? Is anybody notable playig him at tourneys?

I guess the same questions go for Guile, but I doubt there is anything with him since he has been out for so little time...

So, the question I made earlier...has Alex gotten anything close to a good resulta sinxe coming out? Is anybody notable playig him at tourneys?

I guess the same questions go for Guile, but I doubt there is anything with him since he has been out for so little time...

snake eyez is switching to alex I believe. justin brought alex and guile to vancouver tournament this past weekend. he got second to kbrad. Also I belileve there is a ft5 b/w die and du guile mirror

pixelish

lpn played alex in top 8 at a recent major (northwest major i think?)

Spuck-uk

Banned
I have a strange FGC question I wonder if anyone in here can help me with.

Is there any top flight player in any game who is actually diagnosed as autistic (as opposed to folks who are assumed to be)?

I've been thinking and, despite stereotypes and certain people using the word a bunch, I actually cannot think of anyone. There's a lot of people who've been considered top flight over the years, and the condition is not uncommon in men (1/40 men have it).

I'm mostly curious for personal reasons. Like I said, it's a strange question.

Not sure if he counts, as he's not a competition player, but Desk is.

As you know, the spectrum runs really wide, and there are definitely more than a few players out there who show some of the characteristics.

Spuck-uk

Banned

JWong took Alex/Guile to grand finals in Canada last weekend.

Sayad

Damn I missed this Justin Wong talk.

True story:

Justin Wong goes around wearing a 15 numbered jersey sometimes.

One Mike "Miek Russ" Ross asked him "hey Justin why do you have the 15 on there?"

And Justin replies in the most nonchalant manner "oh that was how old I was when I first EVO"

Mike Ross "......"

https://youtu.be/DrpzdZrd4T4

In video form.
Justin probably count his Battle By the Bay 2001 win as his first EVO win, Battle By the Bay didn't become EVO until 2002 and he was 16 by then.

Also, lots of FGC characters in this video, some are barely recognizable, some with weird ass "strategies" lol.
https://youtu.be/H3Dxb7HseoE?

Kid Justin at 0:45s.

Nuu

Banned
SonicFox. He won Injustice when he was what...16? 15? And then the year after he won in Injustice, he won in MKX.

SonicFox pretty much dominates, or is at least amongst the best, in pretty much every game he plays.

Injustice
Mortal Kombat
Skullgirls
UNIEL

I know I'm missing other games here.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So who's all the notable names going to Stunfest this weekend

RZR|Fuudo
Haitani
RB|Bonchan
Mago
Tokido
BST|Daigo
CBZ|nuki
Godsgarden | Kazunoko
HM/Eita
HM/GO1-3151
HM/Dogura
Gamerbee
RZR|Xian
RZR|RB
Gootecks
Ryan Hart
ProblemX
RB|Luffy
YP|Valmaster
Alioune

Yep, the only American player going (that we know of) is Gootecks.

FACE

Banned
RZR|Fuudo
Haitani
RB|Bonchan
Mago
Tokido
BST|Daigo
CBZ|nuki
Godsgarden | Kazunoko
HM/Eita
HM/GO1-3151
HM/Dogura
Gamerbee
RZR|Xian
RZR|RB
Gootecks
Ryan Hart
ProblemX
RB|Luffy
YP|Valmaster
Alioune

American plaeyrs going for the easier points at Toryuken.

RZR|Fuudo
Haitani
RB|Bonchan
Mago
Tokido
BST|Daigo
CBZ|nuki
Godsgarden | Kazunoko
HM/Eita
HM/GO1-3151
HM/Dogura
Gamerbee
RZR|Xian
RZR|RB
Gootecks
Ryan Hart
ProblemX
RB|Luffy
YP|Valmaster
Alioune

Damn this tourney is stacked.

Sayad

RZR|Fuudo
Haitani
RB|Bonchan
Mago
Tokido
BST|Daigo
CBZ|nuki
Godsgarden | Kazunoko
HM/Eita
HM/GO1-3151
HM/Dogura
Gamerbee
RZR|Xian
RZR|RB
Gootecks
Ryan Hart
ProblemX
RB|Luffy
YP|Valmaster
Alioune

Nice, so we're seeing a new premier event champ! :D

Tripon

ToRyuKen in Toronto and Salty Lima in Peru are both this weekend. If you are an American, you should definitely go for the easier points.

Sayad

ToRyuKen in Toronto and Salty Lima in Peru are both this weekend. If you are an American, you should definitely go for the easier points.
They're also probably cheaper to travel to if you're in the US. Props to Gootecks for taking it upon himself to defend the US honor at Stunfest.

SonicFox pretty much dominates, or is at least amongst the best, in pretty much every game he plays.

Injustice
Mortal Kombat
Skullgirls
UNIEL

I know I'm missing other games here.
dead or alive 5 as well
I'm heading to Toryuken, but its more an excuse to wear my phil kessel Pens jersey in Toronto than anything else.

Much more looking forward to combo breaker next weekend

RZR|Fuudo
Haitani
RB|Bonchan
Mago
Tokido
BST|Daigo
CBZ|nuki
Godsgarden | Kazunoko
HM/Eita
HM/GO1-3151
HM/Dogura
Gamerbee
RZR|Xian
RZR|RB
Gootecks
Ryan Hart
ProblemX
RB|Luffy
YP|Valmaster
Alioune

really cool to see Goo put in work like that
dat world warrior status

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i admire players like sonicfox and Ryan Hart for being able to perform exceptionally in a variety of games
i used to want to be like that, but i don't have the time to be as good as i want to be in multiple games honestly. id probably play namco if I dropped vf, truly wish SC scene were stronger

Tripon

Unless somebody is making their own thread for Stunfest, the fighting tournament weekend thread should be up Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom