• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

wtf, is capcom trying to instigate an international crisis?

qBgV2f9.jpg
Reminds me of this:
https://www.facebook.com/gamerbeetw...8827163894697/839750726135668/?type=3&theater

GamerBee expresses frustration over capcom's major screwup of Taiwanese national flag in SFV

Dahbomb

?

Dahbomb when you made that sidebet about zero winning it was with deckard cain right?
Yes and Zero won EVO.

Though Zero is probably the most under performing "best" character in a fighting game since Vanilla Sagat. You expect more than an EVO win and a few majors from the best character in a top heavy game that's been played for over years.

Yes and Zero won EVO.

Though Zero is probably the most under performing "best" character in a fighting game since Vanilla Sagat. You expect more than an EVO win and a few majors from the best character in a top heavy game that's been played for over years.

Zero has never been the best character. That whole idea was spawned from Viscant's salty crying after he lost Season's Beatings. Viscant won EVO so everyone just assumed he knew what he was talking about. Then it took Zero a year & & half to win his first major. It's been 5 years, we know Morrigan.is the best, you'd be crazy to say otherwise.

Tripon

Japonwa, Combo Breaker, and FFM Rumble are all next week. All CPT ranking events.

Expect some internationals at Combo Breaker.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Do we know if the Japanese GG Revelator runs in English? Thinking I might buy it digitally this week.

Dahbomb

Zero has never been the best character. That whole idea was spawned from Viscant's salty crying after he lost Season's Beatings. Viscant won EVO so everyone just assumed he knew what he was talking about. Then it took Zero a year & & half to win his first major. It's been 5 years, we know Morrigan is the best, you'd be crazy to say otherwise.
Who's this we? Most top players consider Zero as the best.

The Viscant "salt" crying isn't even valid because that applies to Vanilla MVC3 where Zero was quite different.

Yes, actually. Looks like they divided up the new characters amongst the players, with an extra Millia tacked on.

But the Raven got mauled by Jack-o so didn't show much, ha ha.

Raven's looking pretty strong though, i'm kinda scared. There's this vid showing his stuff if you hadn't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS5QBEb4Nkk

Yes!
I saw that demo, yeah. I'm kind of hoping that "pump up" attribute Raven has does more than buff one move...

The matches were okay, but I find it hard to believe that Raven can't transition from an air string to a ground string. That's like...his entire gameplan.

woah, so this is what happened to the fighting threads? what are you all playing?

so soon. am i remembering right that ps3 sticks worked with the demo?
I'm playing card games! :p

I played some Smash 4 yesterday, but I'm mostly waiting for Xrd-R and BBCF right now. Plus any chance Capcom might add a character I enjoy to SFV.

pixelish

if you're wondering why dieminion still continues to play fang instead of guile, here's why

https://twitter.com/Di3mini0n/status/734586171985174528

https://twitter.com/Di3mini0n/status/734587126818410496

Wasn't he going on about how Guile was being slept on when everybody else was saying this back when Guile first dropped? Mentioned something about Guile's potential being untapped and having a few tricks up his sleeve to show off. I guess Guile didn't have as much tech as Kev thought he did.

vulva

Wasn't he going on about how Guile was being slept on when everybody else was saying this back when Guile first dropped? Mentioned something about Guile's potential being untapped and having a few tricks up his sleeve to show off. I guess Guile didn't have as much tech as Kev thought he did.

I mean, they aren't exclusive ideas to each other. Everyone seems to think Ryu, Nash and Chun are top 3 with no real debate, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to play them. You can recognize untapped potential while not enjoying playing as that character.

I mean, they aren't exclusive ideas to each other. Everyone seems to think Ryu, Nash and Chun are top 3 with no real debate, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to play them. You can recognize untapped potential while not enjoying playing as that character.

Oh I totally understand not playing a characer for personal enjoyment. That's his perogative. It just sounds as if it's also a case of him not thinking Guile can keep up with the rest of the cast, which is a 180 from Guile's release when he was the contrarian saying Guile was underrated. It's more an indictment of how people see Guile atm than anything about Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom