• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least it buffs his damage in general, lets you get a combo off the command throw (which seems quite a good move, since apparently the arm doesn't have a hurtbox), and increases the damage of one of his supers by a bunch. Perhaps more will be found.
It just seems like the move is incredibly risky, and you can't punish whatever you absorb like a focus attack.

Regarding his command grab: from years of trying to play Super-Skrull, those kinds of command grabs are really risky and seldom used. A whiffed grab gets punished hard, and they require a much harder read than a typical command grab because the positioning is more in the neutral than a tick throw situation.

The big thing I wonder is whether Raven has an instant overhead. I feel like he needs one with his gameplan.

Revelator is out in Japan this week. Anyone getting it?

No doubt Lemstar is.

jbug617

Banned
FGC going all in on Overwatch
CjJxrEjVEAACu4a.jpg

via Chris Ceg

shaowebb

Finally started playing Koihime Enbu on Steam in english. I dunno what I was expecting. Though apparently the style name for my main Sonshoko is spelled Xiao and not Shao. Meh, either way this character is fun. They do best as a neutral monster laying down procectiles that fall from above that cancel into moves to push them out. Then you can use command grabs on them and use the same projectiles to setup oki stuff. She has a good AA in her down Heavy and since she has rekkas she can convert it into a combo that full corner carries which is where she becomes a monster for damage. Kind of struggles up close under pressure from some folks with safe normals like Chohi and Bacho though.

Game is still fun and still nuts with crumple combos. Get a crumple and suddenly moves get new properties and your standing crumple attack becomes a launcher. Considering I got a crouching, running and a flipping overhead looking crumple with Sonshoko my goal is to irritate folks till I can set one up then full corner carry. Otherwise I can go full Vega and just poke them to death with shit and hold my position outside their reach.

shaowebb

Rising Thunder 2.0 perhaps
Can't see these old traditional companies going for it

We might get your wish considering the Rising Thunder folks got bought up by the League of Legends folks. Their strategies match up and I think with the LoL license tossed on top of the Rising Thunder setup with a few touch ups to suit the styles of the cast and you'll have your wish.

I know I'd go all in and I dont even play LoL. The cast's movesets and designs alone draw me to it and I dig any fighter with customization options. You should see my Custom Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer.

Numb

We might get your wish considering the Rising Thunder folks got bought up by the League of Legends folks. Their strategies match up and I think with the LoL license tossed on top of the Rising Thunder setup with a few touch ups to suit the styles of the cast and you'll have your wish.

I know I'd go all in and I dont even play LoL. The cast's movesets and designs alone draw me to it and I dig any fighter with customization options. You should see my Custom Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer.
LoL team to release the most innovative fighter since forever
Oh they can eat, alright. They can go back to them chef boyardee meals.
Aris should change EatSports to the ThirstSports for the fgc cos niggas is thirsting over here

shaowebb

LoL team to release the most innovative fighter since forever.

They have around 100 characters all with different styles of play in LoL. Plus they can all be built and equipped differently each match to play different tactics. Seems a good fit for the Rising Thunder idea of how to try fighting games. I could see it getting over.

Honestly after playing Koihime Enbu some today it kind of reminds me that you can do even a non airdash fighter in such a way as to get occassional crazy combos and hype setups like assists or whatever. LoL as a fighter could do any number of things and not just be a typical standard SFIV sorta playstyle.

Numb

They have around 100 characters all with different styles of play in LoL. Plus they can all be built and equipped differently each match to play different tactics. Seems a good fit for the Rising Thunder idea of how to try fighting games. I could see it getting over.

Honestly after playing Koihime Enbu some today it kind of reminds me that you can do even a non airdash fighter in such a way as to get occassional crazy combos and hype setups like assists or whatever. LoL as a fighter could do any number of things and not just be a typical standard SFIV sorta playstyle.

LoL interest climbing from 0 to 60
And with the ease of use/entry the RT team was championing it could be huge.
Can't imagine what they can accomplish with such deep pockets and influence behind them now.

shaowebb

LoL interest climbing from 0 to 60
And with the ease of use/entry the RT team was championing it could be huge.
Can't imagine what they can accomplish with such deep pockets and influence behind them now.

Yeah after I found out who bought them my interest immediately peaked. It's the kind of team up that I think could do wonders for shaking up the FGC and how fighting games are handled as a product.
RT's worst offense was being too much SFIV though!

I get the feeling that was just Seth playing it safe since they were a new product. LoL wouldn't likely lend itself as easily to such styles of gameplay. I'd fully expect a louder game to be made for the cast it'd have to support. Whatever they make though, if its a LoL fighter using the RT style of business model I think it could be pretty big.

Numb

Yeah after I found out who bought them my interest immediately peaked. It's the kind of team up that I think could do wonders for shaking up the FGC and how fighting games are handled as a product.
If it does well enough to attract the attention of LoL rivals and makes them make fighters aswell...
New era right there

giphy.gif

i might be getting ahead of myself

Finally started playing Koihime Enbu on Steam in english. I dunno what I was expecting. Though apparently the style name for my main Sonshoko is spelled Xiao and not Shao. Meh, either way this character is fun. They do best as a neutral monster laying down procectiles that fall from above that cancel into moves to push them out. Then you can use command grabs on them and use the same projectiles to setup oki stuff. She has a good AA in her down Heavy and since she has rekkas she can convert it into a combo that full corner carries which is where she becomes a monster for damage. Kind of struggles up close under pressure from some folks with safe normals like Chohi and Bacho though.

Game is still fun and still nuts with crumple combos. Get a crumple and suddenly moves get new properties and your standing crumple attack becomes a launcher. Considering I got a crouching, running and a flipping overhead looking crumple with Sonshoko my goal is to irritate folks till I can set one up then full corner carry. Otherwise I can go full Vega and just poke them to death with shit and hold my position outside their reach.
This is like the most measured reaction you've had to anime in a long time

shaowebb

This is like the most measured reaction you've had to anime in a long time

I already got my initial gush over Koihime Enbu's gameplay over with at launch with my preorder. All I was doing today was playing the double dipped steam copy to see what story actually was like. It Koihime Enbu...its a fluff story. Not much to go on about. Not even as good as Arcana Hearts main story...about like the prologue really. Its just there and inevitably ends in fanservice. (Come to think of it Arcana Heart had a LOT of story...)

Gameplay and soundtrack though is legit as I've stated multiple times. Its like a balance between the crazy stuff in meatier fighters coupled with the footsier stuff of non airdash titles. I highly recommend it.

Nightii

Banned
What a load.

But thankfully she still works, just gotta hope the devs don't cave again under whining with the next 'toxic' character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom