• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most poverty Melee setup you've seen?

tumblr_o7jq4vVv6h1urexxpo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o7jq4vVv6h1urexxpo2_540.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=204675988&postcount=114

Posting in the Revelator OT but it feels like the messed up the timing in the console version of Revelator lol! I have no idea what's going on now.

Was this ever posted in here? https://www.reddit.com/r/Guiltygear/comments/4jjz2a/theory_of_improving_in_fighting_games/ Manami's list and Machaboo's (current strongest GG player) theory of improving in fighters.

Yes it was, still a nice read though.

So who do I hassle to properly test the console version of Revelator? So we can all know if it's the game speed or the input buffer that's totally different.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
X-Men apocalypse is like the movie version of that X-Men fighting game by EA. Cap 3 is Marvel 3. That's how big the difference between the two are.

Sayad

So who do I hassle to properly test the console version of Revelator? So we can all know if it's the game speed or the input buffer that's totally different.
Not sure, but something did change(only played the NA demo), probably less input lag but could also be the buffer getting an increase for certain stuff. All I know is that I-No's JC-IAD is easier in Revelator.

This is the tournament (Master League).

CyberZ on openrec streamed their announcement of their sfv esports league, Rage League.

topic-04123-7.png

They announced that the Rage League will consist of 3 parts, the Rage Online League, Rage Grand Tournament, and the Master League. It's a bit confusing.

Rage Online League
-25 years old and under
-3-5 weeks of 128 man tournaments
-top 4 get awarded points (4 pts, 3, 2, 1)
-top 16 point leaders go to a finals
-purpose of this is to give younger players exposure, to help them get better, and to flat out discover great talent

Rage Grand Tournament
-Qualifier in Tokyo and Osaka
-top 8 of each qualifier goes to the Rage Grand Finals where they will be competing for prize money

Master League
-there will be about 4 of these 128 man tournaments
-prize money awarded
-single elim, 1 loss and you're eliminated until top 16, where it's 2 games and you're eliminated
-char lock
-first master league is at esports square on the 28th

shit is like saturday morning cartoons that cost millions of dollars

Saturday morning cartoons have better plots than Cap 3. If you take 10 seconds to think about all of the coincidental stuff that needed to happen for Mr bad guys plan to work you realize how dumb the movie is. Throw ontop of that the really weak motivation for the main villian and Stark, the whole film just falls flat.

"You dropped a city on my family, not the evil robot & his hundreds of robot soldiers that were trying to destroy the earth."

vulva

If Cap 3 was ass then what word would be appropriate to describe BvS (or X Men Apocalypse in this case)?
Bvs suffered from the problem of just being really boring. It was no more dumb than any other superhero movie just completely lacking in any intrigue or style

If Cap 3 was ass then what word would be appropriate to describe BvS (or X Men Apocalypse in this case)?

Mk vs. DCU. Everyone needs to look at Wonder Woman's bootleg upright spinning bird kick, it is so outrageously awful, which makes you wonder how they gave the thumbs up to the mocap actor. That is one game that demonstrates brand strength, game looked and played like shit even compared to its contemporaries and still made money.

Sayad

Mk vs. DCU. Everyone needs to look at Wonder Woman's bootleg upright spinning bird kick, it is so outrageously awful, which makes you wonder how they gave the thumbs up to the mocap actor. That is one game that demonstrates brand strength, game looked and played like shit even compared to its contemporaries and still made money.
Edit: for a second there, I got excited thinking you were talking about BvS... :(

Nothing about NRS's(Midway at the time) use of mocap can surprise me, not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom