• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

for future reference

tumblr_inline_o7w3pjcrRX1ts0xyy_540.jpg

Captain America knows that Morrigan is the way to go.

shaowebb

Huh...apparently their was an indie fighter called Ougon Musou Kyoku for the 360 in japan that was good and at Comiket it had an xpansion called Ougon Musou Kyoku Cross released with new cast and tweaks. No real way to find this now on a console it seems. There seem to be PC releases though.

I think I'll let one slide for once and just watch the footage. I'm done testing everything. I need to stick to something. Cmooooooooon KOF 14/ Injustice 2.
Would settle for Arcana 3 six stars but the thing has gone silent

I wish the KOF14 animations looked more "snappy" watching the stream on TeamKhaos. The frame data and stuff is probably okay and seems the same as other KOFs, but animations wise the speed looks off because it doesn't seemed to be paced properly. If I could find the article but it's how action games like Ninja Gaiden and fighting games have the hits look like they land so well and with impact is because the animation speed of a move isn't uniform and you speed up and slow down certain parts of it to make it look like it has momentum and impact.

Loving the changes to Leona, she looks like she is very damn good in Max Mode and V-Slasher into Neomax still does a shit ton for something quick and easy. She will most likely will be my anchor again.

Tripon

Tusk @ #CB2016
‏@XboxViking
Very proud to announce that the #TobinCenter will be the new venue for @KIWorldCup 2017! #KISeason3 #KIWC @XboxP3

CjloA0GUkAAYjXd.jpg

CjloG0gUYAATpzL.jpg

CjloJRBUYAAQYJA.jpg

Looking up online, it says it sits 1,738 people.

Man viewership for SFV is going down each tournament. I think this EVO maybe the lowest concurrent viewership for SF in a while probably since 2009 EVO which capped at 60k. Smash On the other had will probably break 200k. Did it break 200k already? if so then 250 or 300k. SFV will probably cap at 100k if even.

Man viewership for SFV is going up each tournament. I think this EVO maybe the highest concurrent viewership for SF in a while probably since 2015 EVO which capped at 250k. Smash On the other had will probably break 200k. Did it break 200k already? if so then 250 or 300k. SFV will probably cap at 100000k if even.

Edit: gunslinger beat me to it. Weird how we had almost the same thought.

Man viewership for SFV is going up each tournament. I think this EVO maybe the highest concurrent viewership for SF in a while probably since 2015 EVO which capped at 250k. Smash On the other had will probably break 200k. Did it break 200k already? if so then 250 or 300k. SFV will probably cap at 100000k if even.
Lmaooooooo.

Man viewership for SFV is going down each tournament. I think this EVO maybe the lowest concurrent viewership for SF in a while probably since 2009 EVO which capped at 60k. Smash On the other had will probably break 200k. Did it break 200k already? if so then 250 or 300k. SFV will probably cap at 100k if even.

Edit: gunslinger beat me to it. Weird how we had almost the same thought.

Am I in the twilight zone?

Producer

You referring to Combo Breaker? Shits boring. Toryuken part 2

shaowebb

I wish the KOF14 animations looked more "snappy" watching the stream on TeamKhaos. The frame data and stuff is probably okay and seems the same as other KOFs, but animations wise the speed looks off because it doesn't seemed to be paced properly. If I could find the article but it's how action games like Ninja Gaiden and fighting games have the hits look like they land so well and with impact is because the animation speed of a move isn't uniform and you speed up and slow down certain parts of it to make it look like it has momentum and impact.

Loving the changes to Leona, she looks like she is very damn good in Max Mode and V-Slasher into Neomax still does a shit ton for something quick and easy. She will most likely will be my anchor again.

They might be able to do this by adjusting the "curves" on an animation. Its like a linegraph that you have to help edit your animation frames and its a straight uphill climb until you mess with it. The flatter that line looks the deader the animation feels as you state with the non snappy observation.

QfkJfrK.jpg

If you tug at its shape it'll affect the slow in and slow out of moves and speed up the flow of the frames in the middle. It does this without tossing any frames...it just duplicates some and skips a few others. Only issue is if its too extremely complicated an animation you can easily fuck up the position of the character during active, startup, and recovery data. You generally have to do this first and can't get away with the edit after the fact of finishing the animation and coding it for combos or you change combos.

.la1n

Will they be able to fill that up?

If it were last year's attendance then absolutely not but I guess he's banking on a attendance boost this year. I think it comes back to KI players, for the most part, do not travel.

KI Cup is a special beast though in that it doesn't have a tournament only feel, I think KI players would be more likely to attend just to hang out vs other tournaments where KI isn't the main draw.

I do wish Brandon the best, he's a genuinely passionate and positive person.

Neoxon

That moment when you realize that Maximilian would need a new partner on Assist Me to replace Doctor Doom if MvC4 happens anytime soon. ;_;

.la1n

Something happen to that dude?

No, Matt is still around. Not sure what he's talking about. Marvel even owns the right to use the character in video games. Unless he means they wouldn't because they hate Fantastic Four / X-Men right now but even then doesn't mean Dr. Doom couldn't still be on assist me.

Neoxon

No, Matt is still around. Not sure what he's talking about. Marvel even owns the right to use the character in video games. Unless he means they wouldn't because they hate Fantastic Four / X-Men right now but even then doesn't mean Dr. Doom couldn't still be on assist me.
There's a brand-wide ban on the X-Men/F4 characters (Deadpool included) in games made after Contest of Champions enforced by Marvel. It'll likely extend to game-related content like Assist Me.

Neoxon

.... And how does that affect independent productions like what Max does?
His Assist Me stuff for UMvC3 & MvC Origins in particular were sanctioned & sponsored by Marvel & Capcom. If he wants to pay for production himself, he may be fine. But otherwise, things may get dicey for Doom.

His Assist Me stuff for UMvC3 & MvC Origins in particular were sanctioned & sponsored by Marvel & Capcom. If he wants to pay for production himself, he may be fine. But otherwise, things may get dicey for Doom.

Doesn't mean shit dude. Max can do whatever he wants. Also they were Capcom sponsored not Marvel amd only Origins & the prerelease UMVC3 stuff

Tripon

Thet ban is not official. If Marvel vs Capcom 4 ever gets greenlight, you would think they would make sure to promote it as much as they could.

It kinda does since it's game-related in a world where Marvel's strictly enforcing the ban. Of course, on the off chance MvC4 happens in the near future, Max could just pay for production himself & side-step all of that.

No it doesn't. It's called fair use and Marvel can't do shit about

Neoxon

Thet ban is not official. If Marvel vs Capcom 4 ever gets greenlight, you would think they would make sure to promote it as much as they could.
Of course Marvel isn't gonna comment on it, but the fact that every single post-CoC (I.E. Not Marvel Heroes) Marvel game lacks a single mutant or F4 character, the ban is as close to official as we can get.

Tripon

Of course Marvel isn't gonna comment on it, but the fact that every single post-CoC (I.E. Not Marvel Heroes) Marvel game lacks a single mutant or F4 character, the ban is as close to official as we can get.

You're worrying about stuff that is years down the road if it ever going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom