• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Man, attendance for KI is so bad. I guess the PC release helped attendance as much as the PC release of Arcane Heart.

Probably wasn't much help it was tied to a store front nobody wanted to use exclusive on a version of Windows nobody wants to upgrade to. Talk about stumbling out of the gate.

shaowebb

Probably wasn't much help it was tied to a store front nobody wanted to use exclusive on a version of Windows nobody wants to upgrade to. Talk about stumbling out of the gate.

If it wasn't saddled with windows 10 as a requirement I'd have upgraded my PC for KI. I want to play it pretty bad but no way is it worth the price of either a console with nothing else on it I care about or a PC upgrade that forces me to sacrifice the stable functionality of my work horse computer.

Windows 10? No buy.
I'll likely finish development entirely on Windows 7 and will only pickup KI once x1 is dumpster priced or hit with something ridiculously important to me as an exclusive like Culdcept, Musou, or Marvel 4.

Hmm about what?

I mean the stuff I mentioned before, about input timing or speed being different with the full japanese PSN release.

But everyone is still playing the demo version of this game, and apparently everyone thinks it's fine or aren't mentioning anything. So I am just crazy.

I'll probably just wait until the NA release and the suck it and deal with it I guess.

Unlucky

Eventhubs blown up

Marqus Theodore ‏@MarqTeddy 2m
@CJshowstopper my nigga you seeing this racism???? This niggas at ehubs are on some shit!

Thores

I know CurlyW hangs out in this thread sometimes, so I just wanna tell him: congrats on the Combo Breaker acknowledgement. You more than deserve it, and thank you for helping my experience this year be so excellent.

shaowebb

Oddly enough I've been playing marvel the past few nights. Just coming home, hitting the lab, and studying animations and bodylanguage. Surprisingly enough I'm starting to get Ironman. Repulsor Spread is pretty much his fallback for just about any scenario apparently. Its fun running Captain America with him. Makes raw charging star pretty safe with beams to back it up or if you run repulsor assist it makes for a neat mixup on incoming off of shield toss.. Feels weird as an Iron Fist guy who left to be toying with something that can get in lol.

Anyhow, not really serious on this game just wanting to study its movements. The body language in Marvel is fucking spot on. Over half the normals would be specials in other games. Its really helping me get into a good mindset before I begin keyframe work.

miku

I mean the stuff I mentioned before, about input timing or speed being different with the full japanese PSN release.

But everyone is still playing the demo version of this game, and apparently everyone thinks it's fine or aren't mentioning anything. So I am just crazy.

I'll probably just wait until the NA release and the suck it and deal with it I guess.

Weird nobody talks about this beside you... is the speed really faster?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Have to admit Combo Breaker is one of the best ran tournaments I've seen this year. Everything is top notch from what I can tell.

Weird nobody talks about this beside you... is the speed really faster?

I am only saying it's faster because of the delay setting in the menu. Otherwise I am not really sure.

Maybe it's the input buffer that's different, dashing feels more responsive to input, jump cancels and jumping attacks feel different.

Zissou

Oddly enough I've been playing marvel the past few nights. Just coming home, hitting the lab, and studying animations and bodylanguage. Surprisingly enough I'm starting to get Ironman. Repulsor Spread is pretty much his fallback for just about any scenario apparently. Its fun running Captain America with him. Makes raw charging star pretty safe with beams to back it up or if you run repulsor assist it makes for a neat mixup on incoming off of shield toss.. Feels weird as an Iron Fist guy who left to be toying with something that can get in lol.

Anyhow, not really serious on this game just wanting to study its movements. The body language in Marvel is fucking spot on. Over half the normals would be specials in other games. Its really helping me get into a good mindset before I begin keyframe work.

Yeah- marvel 3 is amazing looking. It was always funny to me how Ryu/Chun/Akuma/Viper looked so much better in marvel than in sf4.

Coda

Looks like she actually has more complexity to her combos. And fuck the footsies meta in SF V lately, it's making the game kinda boring. We need more crazy in the game. I was enjoying watching Flash Metroid's Vega tonight because of that extra crazy.

jbug617

Banned
Ibuki's face looks funny
CjrJ9czUgAESLw2.jpg

SF4 version
CjrJ9cxUgAAJW5x.jpg

Tripon

Japonawa still going on.

But next week's tournaments:

Wizard World Philadelphia
SFV Crash Finals
Tokyo Button Mashers
The Fight in Bogota, Columbia

.la1n

Ibuki looks great. Looking forward to playing her, wish she was getting a stage that wasn't just an alternate existing stage though.

Tripon

G League is China's Capcom Pro Tour's Premiere tournament and takes place a week before EVO.

G LEAGUE SFV CAPCOM PRO TOUR PREMIER TOURNAMENT

Date:

if the registed number >200,
7th, July all(estimated 200~300)–>128
8th, July 128–>64
9th, July 64->8
10th, July 8–>1
if the registed number<200,
7th, July all(estimated 100~200)–>64
8th, July 64–>16
9th, July 16->8
10th, July 8–>1
Venue: CCG EXPO 2016

Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center
Address: 1099 Guo Zhan Road,PuDong,ShangHai,China

http://beastapac.com/#tab-1464076763049-3-1

That's right, they expect a 200 man tournament to take place over 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom