• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
93 vs 64 at CEO, though.

There's only 93 entrants so far for CEO?
mjloln2ofu.png

Everything is animated. They discarded the visual novel scenes.

You have scenes that have more efforts put into them obviously, but still.

It feels like a movie.

The story is great, I'd say it doesn't drag as much as Xrd sign, which was a good and bad thing. More lore and interactions in Sign.

Rev has more of sense of urgency.

Both are great, the story telling is better in Rev though.
You have me even more excited! That's great! If there are any more Dizzy screens, pass them along! :-D

Lol MXK only had 20 entrants at Toryuken while USF4 had 22
Fatality.

Actually, it's a quad jump. And dude, portal punches and bursts!

Seems a lot of posters here aren't big on the idea of upgrading to windows 10. Are there any issues I'm not aware of?

Like that would stop the nerds :E

93 vs 64 at CEO, though.
It's more like I'm worried about what Win10 will break on my machine. That guy who had his entire HDD taken over by Win10 scared me even more.

after combo breaker, i want to increase the number of tournaments i go to

i also might end up playing nrs games . . .
Looks like you're guaranteed top 32 at this point.

NEO0MJ

There's only 93 entrants so far for CEO?
mjloln2ofu.png

Why you gotta hurt me like this, Count
IkhzqNC.png

Fame has made you cruel.

It's more like I'm worried about what Win10 will break on my machine. That guy who had his entire HDD taken over by Win10 scared me even more.

I guess that would frighten anyone.

Why can't Capcom make a Capcom vs DC. It's long overdue.

Considering WB have a dedicated fighting game dev whose games sell more than any other I doubt they'd even consider it.

I've had more fun with NRS games than any anime game TBH

Let Netherrealm make an anime game like BlazBlue 3 or Darkstalkers or something so it can finally be fun.

Nuu

Banned
If it helps Mortal Komabat XL was very popular at Combo Breaker. Ultra Street Fighter IV was practically unplayed.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm sure it's the case that the size of the MK scene varies from city to city. isn't it pretty popular in socal? i remember seeing lots of MK9 when i was at SCR2014.

NEO0MJ

Like that matters. People in here talk about Blazblue and I'm pretty sure that's more dead than any game thats been mentioned

I wonder if the way arc releases them hurts the game's scene. It's bad enough they release almost full priced updates every year with only a few new characters and DLC ones, they later release the EX version with exclusive balance changes and a new character that can't be upgraded to.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I wonder if the way arc releases them hurts the game's scene. It's bad enough they release almost full priced updates every year with only a few new characters and DLC ones, they later release the EX version with exclusive balance changes and a new character that can't be upgraded to.

They also use a naming convention that renders it impossible to identify what the hell the newest one is.

The bigger issue is that North America can't support multiple anime games. As long as Xrd exists Blazblue might as well be a Japan-only title.

NEO0MJ

They also use a naming convention that renders it impossible to identify what the hell the newest one is.

GG also has that problem but it's still popular.

The bigger issue is that North America can't support multiple anime games. As long as Xrd exists Blazblue might as well be a Japan-only title.

That's true. GG is way above it in general acceptance among the FGC and overall popularity with decent history behind it.

Just have a fully fledged Capcom All Stars and have Morrigan be The featured character on the cover.
Like Darkstalkers 3?

I think having the cleavage queen on the cover is a bad look - lots of people will stay away just for that reason. The character collage is the best way to go.

FACE

Banned

Let Netherrealm make an anime game like BlazBlue 3 or Darkstalkers or something so it can finally be fun.

Another day, another terrible prof. beef opinion.

Like Darkstalkers 3?

I think having the cleavage queen on the cover is a bad look - lots of people will stay away just for that reason. The character collage is the best way to go.

This should've been the box art for Darkstalkers 3:

Pompadour

I've always thought Mortal Kombat would look and play a lot better if designed by Arc System Works. The series can go from having awful animations to having barely any animation.

Nuu

Banned
I'm sure it's the case that the size of the MK scene varies from city to city. isn't it pretty popular in socal? i remember seeing lots of MK9 when i was at SCR2014.

It's popular in Chicago.

In Chicago the scene is like: Street Fighter V >>>>>>>Mortal Kombat XL >>> Marvel 3 >>> Killer Instinct=Guilty Gear Xrd

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's popular in Chicago.

In Chicago the scene is like: Street Fighter V >>>>>>>Mortal Kombat XL >>> Marvel 3 >>> Killer Instinct=Guilty Gear Xrd
I'm thinking about visiting some friends in Chicago, and the R1 has FS there C:

Everything is animated. They discarded the visual novel scenes.

You have scenes that have more efforts put into them obviously, but still.

It feels like a movie.

The story is great, I'd say it doesn't drag as much as Xrd sign, which was a good and bad thing. More lore and interactions in Sign.

Rev has more of sense of urgency.

Both are great, the story telling is better in Rev though.

Good to hear.

My hype for REVELATOR is building steadily.

.la1n

As long as they get someone competent to handle character modeling / textures / concept art. The games lose all character if the art direction is not maintained and I have zero faith NRS would be able to do that. In fact, I have zero faith the art team working on SF V could do Darkstalkers justice either. Arc System Works seems to be the only ones who have figured out how to translate the art style from the old games into a 3D fighter.

El Sloth

Banned

Have you ever tried UNIEL, Beef? I think you you would like it. Well, except for how most of the characters look and the no chip kills thing. I think you'd like Waldstein and Akatsuki.

CurlyW

Huge thank you to all those who tuned in to Combo Breaker this weekend. Hope that we were able to put on a good show.

I know CurlyW hangs out in this thread sometimes, so I just wanna tell him: congrats on the Combo Breaker acknowledgement. You more than deserve it, and thank you for helping my experience this year be so excellent.

Thanks! Glad you had a great time. (And sorry about the first-round matchup with JWong in Mystery.)

It's popular in Chicago.

I would actually put Guilty Gear Xrd above Marvel 3 and KI in Chicago, just below MKX, though that may just be due to the people I know and how the scenes intermingle.

Nuu

Banned
As long as they get someone competent to handle character modeling / textures / concept art. The games lose all character if the art direction is not maintained and I have zero faith NRS would be able to do that. In fact, I have zero faith the art team working on SF V could do Darkstalkers justice either. Arc System Works seems to be the only ones who have figured out how to translate the art style from the old games into a 3D fighter.

Arc can do the look but not the animation. Vampire Savior would have to be 2D to do the animation justice.

I would actually put Guilty Gear Xrd above Marvel 3 and KI in Chicago, just below MKX, though that may just be due to the people I know and how the scenes intermingle.

Outside of GGA monthlies and some Ignite meet ups there isn't much out there for GGXrd.

Skullgirls is a Chicago game as well, isn't Lab Zero based there?

No they're based in LA. There are fair amount of SG players in the Chicago area, but the monthly meetups fell through.

.la1n

Huge thank you to all those who tuned in to Combo Breaker this weekend. Hope that we were able to put on a good show.

You guys did great work, handled any mishaps professionally and as quickly as you could. The tradition started with UFGT of the most entertaining and well run tournament has been continued. Keep up the great work!

Only suggestion moving forward, and not directed at you guys specifically but to all tournaments moving forward. Employ or get more volunteers to moderate the Twitch chat. Probably the most overlooked aspect that can really add value and change the tone of an event for a spectator.

Even in the chats with moderation present it seemed a lot of the time they were just letting crap fly.

You're the best, Max!

No nipple spikes on new Dizzy. Thanks for ruining yet another old character, Arc.
Until this very post, I have always thought that was a glare from her leotard.

Another day, another terrible prof. beef opinion.

This should've been the box art for Darkstalkers 3:
Fantastic box art.

Do you want Darkstalkers to take off and be successful with NetherRealm, or do you want modern Capcom to do it instead?

current capcom is godlike but people hate them for some reason so *shrug*
Sometimes it's better for a thing to stay dead rather than get a half-assed resurrection. See: Breath of Fire.

Pompadour

Netherrealm working on Darkstalkers may be the absolute worst choice for that franchise. People don't even think Capcom would be able to bring the constantly shape-shifting sprites of Darkstalkers into 3D. Almost everybody in a modern Mortal Kombat game has the exact same body type so they can share hitstun animations across the board.

.la1n

Watching the Darkstalkers tournament at CB just made me realize how pain stakingly difficult a task it would be on the animation team to come close to matching some of the beauty in that game's movements. Assuming someone were to take on a revival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom