• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

In some universe Anarchy reigns is probably evo main event

*shutters*

baron_3_by_clifferock-d63osdg.gif

tumblr_me6z6ehgN31ryoshyo1_500.jpg

Turtle game sucked, Star Fox Zero was controversial, and the CEO resigned at the end of the fiscal year with no explanation given.
Weren't they just advisers to those? I feel like a lot of companies want the Platinum name on their game, so they find some small way to involve them.

shaowebb

I always felt that Anarchy Reigns was hurt worst by its cast. Had it been a licensed title with the same stuff I feel it would have been discovered and welcomed far harder than it was. Nothing inheritly wrong with it that I could see...just nothing that made it catch a ton of attention. Pokken Tournament is in that genre of fighters and its doing well. Would've been nice to see Platinum land a title that'd get the same sorta response.

shaowebb

RIP MAX
He went full anime

Well, at least he finally tried Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition and saw how amazing it is. Game is great. Sucks he spent the whole time going and mocking anime like its inheritly all bad but whatever. You like what you like (and honestly he's right about the tropes. I dont actually watch anime except rare shit like Attack on Titan") and at least he saw the light and found an anime fighter he enjoyed. Its one with a lot to offer. Its got a great assist system where any assist chosen has two moves and you can use either whenever you call them plus the trump card system is pretty damned sweet. Cash in a card, gain fucking UNIEL combos with all the properties on your moves that change. Plus it gives you speed bonuses and other sweet stuff and the trump card meter refills if you use burst in neutral instead of as a breaker meaning you can extend a single trump for a huge amount of time throughout the match.

Hope he plays Minato sometime. Her basketball mixups are insane. Her projectile is a ball and she passes it to team mates who shoot it creating rims that fall down and shit. Creates left right and high low mixups like CRAZY. Plus her activation of Trump is an armored attack that dashes forward with a shove stuffing things as a great GTFO.

Minato for best character . That mixup command grab moveset of turning folks into basketballs and using your basketball team for passes and shots that mixup folks is just too hype
v1TewDk.gif
Lowa29C.gif
gH56Nmj.gif

Minato=GET DUNKED ON
Game is fucking legit. Hope he plays Nitroplus as well now. I saw him eyeing that shit ;)

shaowebb

only time i played the little girl
don't know why i bought the old version when the new one is so close sigh

I own both and they are pretty different honestly and warrant the double dip. The second one added several systems in addition to the new cast so playing one or the other is not just "one has less content". They are different games in my eyes given how big the system changes were and both are worth owning and playing.

Here's a quoted version of the breakdown I gave on this awhile back when the DLC hit.

They added 3 new systems and one is a new between round boost mechanic called the Ignition system. You choose either your partner, you or a third character. Depending on who you choose you get a different bonus:
  • Selecting Player Character increases attack power and raises the Trump Card limit by one (doesn’t increase the number of icons)
  • selecting Support Character increases the recovery rate of the Support Gauge
  • selecting Blast Character recovers 50% of the Blast Gauge.
This means if you read a problem in a matchup like meter requirements, or assist needs or whatever then you can improve those by focusing your buff on that particular area. Plus if you go 3 rounds and keep choosing the same boost they stack and that makes up the 3rd system change known as DOUBLE IGNITIONS.

• Player Character Expends one Trump Card icon
    (Player Double Ignition allows you to jump cancel normal attacks in normal mode)
  • Support Character Expends one Climax Gauge bar and the Support Gauge
    (Support Double Ignition allows you to activate Support during a jump in normal mode, giving you pseudo-Trump Card benefits)
  • Blast Character Expends the Blast Gauge

Another change is you choose a "Blast Character" now in addition to a support character. Where as support characters acted like MVC3 assists "Blast Characters" act as a buff to various things that is passive. There are 3 types of blast abilities.

POWERUP-increases duration of powerup
COMBO-increases range on stuff during combo
ESCAPE-not certain. I think maybe it involves the cooldown on this one since it had the worst out of all three blast types but again...not sure.

These basically impact your blast things when you use either the neutral blast (powerup), the Combo blast (you hit it during a combo), or the escape blast (when you use up your blast to combo break).

Its not too costly and it has an active community online and matches can be found easily via facebook or discord (which facebook links to the discord group).
Game was made by the friggin UNIEL/Melty Blood folks at French Bread so there is a reason Max was likely enjoying it. That game has some fucking pedigree game designers in on it.

shaowebb

thx for the heads up
will put on radar

No problem. Just remember to setup a japanese PSN account if you haven't yet using any old japanese address you can find online. That way you can login to japans PSN store and use links to its DLC from Google. Theres some new cast and assist that hit via DLC after launch and they are legit. They are AKO/RUSIAN and YUUKI/LLENN. I think Wolfkrone still rocks a SCARY Yuuki/Llenn now.

Vid of Wolfkrone rocking that DLC team in Dengeki and a glimpse at the Sonic the Hedgehog stage

Numb

No problem. Just remember to setup a japanese PSN account if you haven't yet using any old japanese address you can find online. That way you can login to japans PSN store and use links to its DLC from Google. Theres some new cast and assist that hit via DLC after launch and they are legit. They are AKO/RUSIAN and YUUKI/LLENN. I think Wolfkrone still rocks a SCARY Yuuki/Llenn now.

Vid of Wolfkrone rocking that DLC team in Dengeki and a glimpse at the Sonic the Hedgehog stage

got the account already

Tripon

User Actions
Following

Alex Jebailey
‏@CEOJebailey
.@CEOGaming #CEO2016 by the #'s as of this tweet.

Smash4 567
SFV 521
Melee 380
PT 236
T7 183
MKXL 100
XRD 90
UMvC3 88
USF4 67
KI 61

What are KI players doing.

more smash than SF? is that par for the course at CEO or is this an upset

When registration ended last year Smash hit the cap(512) like a week before and USF4 ended at 380 or something close to that. Smash 4 was king last year and is continuing that trend this year. The cap this year is 1024 and I've said many times that I expect SFV to hit it, but it looks like Smash 4 will definitely hit it as well.

And if JWong wasn't sure if he had enough points before, I think he should feel safe now. But I wonder if he will still continue to cockblock Americans at the few remaining American ranking events? I mean he might go just for more experience and money, but it will be too bad for players that need those points a lot more than he does.

vulva

naw I'm gonna see xmen because i loved DoFP and i like being disappointed

(sega fan)
I feel you on liking being disappointed. I'm a Sega and Capcom fan, plus my favourite Nintendo franchise is Startropics. I was pretty much destined to not be interested in video games anymore.

High Rise was ok.

Kumubou

That's too bad. It's prob the most Street Fighter-like of all the anime games. Well, of the ones I've played anyways.
So you're saying that Beef should try playing something like Aquapazza or Kohime Enbu? They're both more grounded games that have a focus on footsies and demand solid fundamentals from the player.

Tripon

It's always funny to me how Smash 4 always has more entrants than Melee despite Melee getting all the attention.

That's usually how it is. At FGC events, Smash 4 players tend to outnumber the Melee people, at Smash focused events, Melee people tend to outnumber Smash 4 players. You can make a decent argument that Smash events try to cater to Melee first and then other scenes though.

Smash 4 players are finally trying to have Smash 4 only events.

---------
https://teespring.com/twitch/daigothebeastv

Daigo starting his own merch.

ShinMaruku

Since there is little overlap, I don't see why they should not have their own stuff. Some games are large enough to stand on their own, they don't need the illusion that they interact with other games to thrive. I think it would only help them grow. Also Nintendo would be amenable I would think

Shackzam

Huge thank you to all those who tuned in to Combo Breaker this weekend. Hope that we were able to put on a good show.

I loved the venue this year. It was a great event all around. The only thing I would say is that they somehow butchered my username on stream so no one knew it was me that got nervous and bodied on stream.

shaowebb

So you're saying that Beef should try playing something like Aquapazza or Kohime Enbu? They're both more grounded games that have a focus on footsies and demand solid fundamentals from the player.

I've played both and I'd say more than likely Koihime Enbu would be better for him. Aquapazza has a really detrimental emotion system where defensive players are punished with penalties and offensive players are rewarded with bonuses...except its a terrible idea IMO to treat people playing defense successfully as a bad thing. Its a system that forces a go ham aspect to the game thats fun for viewers but annoying to players...its like the evil failed attempt at the cooler UNIEL momentum system done by someone who wasn't sure how to enforce aggressive play without sacrificing key aspects of play like smart defense.

Plus its one of those games with assists, like Vanguard Princess, that has the assist on screen at all time in the background walking around and that changes things. It forces you to watch the position of their assist at all times like you're facing Ms. Fortune's head or something and a possible mixup at all times. Its a take it or leave it thing and some may like it and others wont.

Koihime Enbu is just a better game all over IMO and a far more relatable title to a SF player than Aquapazza is.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The Atlanta FGC is in a weird place right now. Like half a dozen different groups each want to run their own tournament series. It's gotten to the point where local events are date-stomping each other and there's all kinds of redundant effort being spent. Some casual meet-ups are outdrawing some tournaments on turnout because people understandably don't want to spend $10 venue + $10 entry more than once per week. Can't get a group together for carpools to monthly or quarterly out-of-state tournaments anymore because there's always something local going on the same day and nobody wants to travel elsewhere. There's talk about starting up a new Marvel weekly because Yomi is "too far of a drive" when it's just 30 minutes away from the other venue in question.

I don't really miss living in Alabama, but at least it was cool how the different scenes in the area were willing to travel to each other's cities and coordinate with each other on events. I can't even support all the local stuff I want to anymore, let alone travel elsewhere for non-majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom