• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

The worst part is, let's say they're too cheap to hire that guy to fix Ken and most male faces.

THEY COULD CROWD FUND HIM. The fans would absolutely donate to get a decent male character artist.

The guy that made Ryu and Nash obviously took off before he worked on the rest. :/

SFV is to male faces as Injustice is to female faces.

That game taught me how to mod. I was doing texture work to fix Raven as hard as I could. Without full model swap capable unpacking mods though I couldn't repair much, but I could at least utilize makeup and texture tricks to softent that enormous jaw and downplay her huge chin. I would almost guarantee that model was the result of discovering she was too small in proportions once they sculpted her and they simply stretched the model. I've seen people stretch models improperly without masking the head and that stuff is what happens. Considering how good some of them looked I just can't believe they were bad artists (especially given their textures on stuff). I just feel they had already finished and unwrapped the model and went back to try and edit it in a sloppy manner on proportions.

notworksafe

Y'all need to step it the fuck up if we gonna get #MAXCPM in here

j3LBbWw.png

El Sloth

Banned
Whether a player gets banned from playing (or whatever varying extent punishments can be given), it should be up to TOs on an individual basis. I generally don't like the idea of seeing the "FGC" as a singular thing (especially once you take a few steps outside Capcom games) and particularly don't like the idea of building it into an organized hierarchy where sweeping bans can be realistically made (i.e., eSports). People in the other thread are basically saying "FGC! Do something about this!", but the "FGC" doesn't really exist beyond some sentimentality and common understandings (the attempt to make it something more than that, "growing up", is based on how lucrative you can make it as a business). I hope incidents like with Noel Brown (however many times he's done dumbshit) are not used as pressure to forge the "FGC" into something more domineering so as to have the power to police its members better (the EVO power block is slowly becoming that anyway - hence illuminati jokes). I also wonder if someone like Aris would allowed to still be around if such an entity were to exist - I would that consider that a great loss in spite of what he did wrong (which wasn't comparable to groping someone, granted).
I don't disagree with you, especially since I think smaller games would probably die out pretty quickly in that sort of organization, but I do think occasionally the "leaders" of the community should speak with one voice. Things ain't ever going to really improve if dudes know they can get away with shit at one event but not another. But eh, then again maybe I'm wrong. Maybe dudes will start properly behaving like non-dickheads after this.

I'm really sad for TheHadou and all the Combo Breaker staff, they made an amazing event, and the medias will probably only talk about the "Noel Brown incident"

CurlyW

I'm really sad for TheHadou and all the Combo Breaker staff, they made an amazing event, and the medias will probably only talk about the "Noel Brown incident"

It's not helping that some unnamed people decided to make a dedicated thread on NeoGaf about it.

And misleadingly refer to Noel Brown as a "Top player"

Yo with injustice 2 coming out next year(probably) I think NRS will really push to take over the FGC. They decimated capcom when it comes to casual crowd and I think they will push for the FGC next. You can be sure injustice 2 will have lot of story mode, RPG mode or w/e mode that casuals like, And with a really refined gameplay they can take over the FGC too and can make capcom obsolete. I mean smash is right there too. What you guys think? You think NRS going to really push for the FGC with injustice 2?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yo with injustice 2 coming out next year(probably) I think NRS will really push to take over the FGC. They decimated capcom when it comes to casual crowd and I think they will push for the FGC next. You can be sure injustice 2 will have lot of story mode, RPG mode or w/e mode that casuals like, And with a really refined gameplay they can take over the FGC too and can make capcom obsolete. I mean smash is right there too. What you guys think? You think NRS going to really push for the FGC with injustice 2?

MKX broke 100 & UMvC3 isn't far behind. Good for both of them.

MK broke 100. All is well

lol. wat?

They play different. So very, very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom