• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
when's Tobal 3?

with Square Enix's indie fund and Fear Effect's revival I wonder if it's viable to revisit Bushido Blade and Tabal for real tho.

notworksafe

Revealed at EVO and playable at the next 2 before its released on console for everyone
Tekken ladies and gents

In a way I prefer that to launching as an incomplete piece of trash, flopping publicly, and bungling every chance of actually improving the game or sticking to a DLC plan like SFV.

Numb

In a way I prefer that to launching as an incomplete piece of trash, flopping publicly, and bungling every chance of actually improving the game or sticking to a DLC plan like SFV.
Indeed
Ok for balance and to get their moneys worth for like 8months-1yr. But when you start getting to 2yrs+. Cmon now

At least it gets a console release. Gundam Maxi Boost on the other hand...
Where's your petitions?

I'd like to see 3DFGs come out on PC. I think DOA5 is the only recent example, whereas 2DFGs are all over from big titles like SF down to niche stuff like Koihime Enbu and Melty Blood

But shit did change. I mean look at the Melee community. They weren't doing all that big until that EVO donation drive where they got their game in evo and then had an amazing showing at evo in which propelled the scene to take off which in turn allowed Smash 4 to do big number when it came out.

Nothing changed, the way you're trying to put it. Melee was big enough to be segregated into its own community for years. That by itself already says something.

Smash is not part of the FGC. You should know this. The community has completely different events & majors. They are only at the same events at EVO & like CEO.

Nothing changed, the way you're trying to put it. Melee was big enough to be segregated into its own community for years. That by itself already says something.
Do think if another game won the donation drive for Evo 2013 Melee would still be as big today. I honestly doubt it.

ShinMaruku

i don't see why not.

3d fighters suffer the same stiga as anime of being too byzantine and inscrutable. Fighting games are niche as is, you just do more damage by putting out it as 3d. Then you have the scenes doing a lovely job of pushing people away by saying, "Our shit is good because it's so byzantine"

Numb

back catalogue stuff like TTT2 and VF5FS would be fine imo. MBAACC isn't exactly a brand new game and that dropped a month and a half ago on Steam.

True
They are too focused on T7 and VF is just a whole other story
Didn't DOA not even launch with online mode. Can't have anything

Do think if another game won the donation drive for Evo 2013 Melee would still be as big today. I honestly doubt it.

I have no idea what you're trying to disprove with this. Do you think if Skullgirls won the donation drive instead, it would be the game that has 2000 entrants at evo?

CurlyW

It was more the release of the documentary than the Evo donation drive that re-ignited the Melee community, but both were huge.

NEO0MJ

having separate threads instead of posting in here does kindve add validity to that

Well, there are a few Smash fans who post here. Plus every fighting game has its own thread, it's just that Smash is the most active

True
They are too focused on T7 and VF is just a whole other story
Didn't DOA not even launch with online mode. Can't have anything

Isn't that only the PC release?

For anyone that enjoyed Floe's FF7 playthrough and doesn't know, Floe started playing FFX on Monday and will probably be continuing later tonight.

https://twitter.com/Floejisan/status/737463294944907264

Ari Weintraub @Floejisan
And @AlexValleSF4 has joined the FFX team http://www.twitch.tv/floe
Cjv-9F8VEAEO8eh.jpg

Part 1 and Part 2 are up on Youtube for anyone that wants to catch up.

It was more the release of the documentary than the Evo donation drive that re-ignited the Melee community, but both were huge.

It's irrelevant. Even in today's tournaments Smash is relegated into its own areas, having separate streamers, and its top 8 showcased on a different stage.

The FGC isn't capcom land? I just have to post one picture to show how much a load of crap that actually is

I wanna cop the FFX collection but I might wait for a price drop. I really only wanna play FFX-2 since I already beat FFX.

Does this this have the original soundtrack in it?

FFX-2 has really fun combat and the dressphere system is super cool. The rest of it is hit or miss.

And yeah, the PS4 and Steam version let you choose whether you want original or arranged for the OST.

Redbull Proving Grounds

Get ready for Street Fighter V like you've never seen it before. Welcome to the Capcom Pro Tour North American Finals at Red Bull Battle Grounds.

The last North American stop before the CPT Grand Finals, this event will take place at the Seattle Exhibition hall. The event will host a two-day 1024-man open bracket, with the final day showcasing a grand finale featuring the highest ranked North American qualifiers from around the country.

But that's not all. Known as the Red Bull Proving Grounds, six cities from around North America will form a monthly regional circuit; Los Angeles, Chicago, Seattle, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Toronto will all be represented, and the circuit will culminate in the best players from each city flying to Red Bull HQ in Santa Monica to compete for an all-expense paid trip to the CPT NA Finals.

Only posting because there's a Toronto spot lol.

I'm in there tho

Shouta

So this is the Redbull thing I was hearing about a few months back. Interesting.

Surprised it's going to be held here in Seattle though. The Exhibition Hall is a pretty big ass venue.

Dahbomb

It's irrelevant. Even in today's tournaments Smash is relegated into its own areas, having separate streamers, and its top 8 showcased on a different stage.

The FGC isn't capcom land? I just have to post one picture to show how much a load of crap that actually is
Post the picture.

Line_HTX

No and thank god. Such a shit website. The message boards were a cesspit.

The GD there was something else... >_>

At least I don't have to worry about thread topics I'm interested in being way too slow on GAF, haha

i hope T7 ushers in a new age of 3D fighters

Harada will lead the way into a brand new era of 3D!!

*Something something Harada and Hayashi collaboration, Kappa

Shouta

I'm also planning to go to Dreamhack in Montreal. Never been to a DH event before.

DH events are like conventions because they're largely LAN events. So it should be run pretty well and have lots of setups if it's anything like Dreamhack Austin.

Tripon

It's the CPT NA Finals from what it says on the site, it should fill up pretty easily. Considering it's the week before the CPT Finals, some of the JPs might come because of the proximity.
Dreamhack Winter was the week before Capcom Cup 2015 and only about 100 entered for that. it had the spot and money, but no points.

An 1024 open tournament is ambitious, and I hope they can fill it up

Shouta

Dreamhack Winter was the week before Capcom Cup 2015 and only about 100 entered for that. it had the spot and money, but no points.

An 1024 open tournament is ambitious, and I hope they can fill it up

Dreamhack doesn't have as much mindshare IMO and it was in Europe right? It'll be easier for the NA community to head to this event, especially with it being announced 6 months in advanced and RB doing their own monthlies different regions.

Tripon

Eh, Smash people want the segregation, when they had a chance at CEO 2015, they voted to have their own room, and their own top 8 finals.

It's up to TOs to forcefully integrate the scene, but thats not happening.

I'm a bit confused by that Red Bull announcement. Is that big tournament their throwing with a 1024 cap suppose to be a last chance qualifier for the CPT NA Finals which will take place on the 2nd day? And that circuit their throwing, does the winner of that get a spot in CPT NA Finals or do they just get a trip to attend the event so they can compete in the open bracket to try and get in the CPT NA Finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom