• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

This is like the original beta all over again.
XGkDBYG.jpg

3 beta worth of data collected and still didn't learn anything. Capcom lol....Only they are possible of this....Well they blew it. This is getting bombarded in steam reviews. People will think this is broken like MK now on PC and avoid it.

petran79

Banned
I have one question for online play on any FG with 3D assets or not locked to 4x3 aspect ratio.

Say player 1 has a resolution of 16.9 (1920x1080)
Player 2 has a resolution of 4.3 (1280x1024)

Now imagine both players are on the opposite sides of the stage. P1 is at the left limits of the stage, P2 on the right. So P1 can not walk backwards anymore, while P2 can.

If two players played at 16x9 or 4x3 resolution, they'd see each character at the edge of their monitors accordingly.

But if P1 uses 16x9 and P2 4x3, will there be a gap behind P2 in P1' monitor? While P2 will see the characters on both edges. Doesnt P2 have space disadvantage?

Damn, I got the Apologyman execution. I can do tk LL and instant air yoga flames on the right side many times in a row pretty smoothly, but on the left I'm hitting like 50%.

edit: Shifted my grip, left side instant air yoga flames are better now.

Tizoc

How does dictator's st. Hk>cr. Mp link work? I find myself pressing mp as early as posible for it to connect

Fraeon

Since it's a new era, I think a bunch of things need to be shelved for the good of 16ers.

1. "Let's go, Justin"
2. DBZ analogies
3. James Chen puns

mitchlol

I've come to FGC thread for help.

Started playing SFV today and want to main Zangief. I've been practising his moves in training mode, a few of the terminology thrown around has confused me though. People are saying things like "this move is cancellable" but I don't know what that means...

At the moment the main combo I can do is the cr. lp lk lariot for 3 hits. I can't seem to land the command grab every time usually it's only about 80% of the time because he seems to jump instead of just staying grounded. The other command grab however which only needs quarter circle input is much easier to land and I get it 99% of the time.

I'm using a Madcatz still and have so far been unable to land the CA more than once.... What is a bread and butter strategy for Zangief that I can practice? I know he has good anti air with lariot but I don't know what to poke with?

I've come to FGC thread for help.

Started playing SFV today and want to main Zangief. I've been practising his moves in training mode, a few of the terminology thrown around has confused me though. People are saying things like "this move is cancellable" but I don't know what that means...

At the moment the main combo I can do is the cr. lp lk lariot for 3 hits. I can't seem to land the command grab every time usually it's only about 80% of the time because he seems to jump instead of just staying grounded. The other command grab however which only needs quarter circle input is much easier to land and I get it 99% of the time.

I'm using a Madcatz still and have so far been unable to land the CA more than once.... What is a bread and butter strategy for Zangief that I can practice? I know he has good anti air with lariot but I don't know what to poke with?
"Cancelling" basically means using a normal like Ryu's crouching medium kick and, instead of letting the move finish its animation, input the motion for a special move while the normal hits the opponent. That's the gist of it. Not all normals are cancellable, and some are better to use for that than others, but only experience and practice can help you with those choices.

If you're jumping with Gief while trying to do his command grab, it usually means that you're inputting it a bit too slow. The trick with grapplers and 360 commands is that you want to do the motion fast enough so that you can complete it before they leave the ground for a jump. All characters take a bit to leave the ground before jumping, and grapplers make the most of it to help with their more complicated motions. You also don't have to do a full 360 motion most of the time; typically just going from back and circling from down-back to forward to up is good enough. Once you get to the upwards parts, you want to hit the punch/kick button. If you do it quickly enough, you'll get the grab before they can leave the ground. You can also buffer the motion by whiffing a punch/kick - or just dashing - and do the motion during the animation, and hit the proper button once the animation is done. This takes a bit of practice since you have to get the timing down on your whiffed normals/dashes.

Hopefully that made sense since it's pretty late and I'm about to head to bed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Aris just started streaming. He's already getting the Floe treatment. Got an opponent and got disconnected before match even happened.

Tripon

Are servers finally up and stable for SFV? Decided to go to sleep instead trying desperately to connect due to work in the morning.

Tizoc

So from messing around in SF5 Training, Necalli doing
J. HK>St. HP>QCF+MK>Cr. MP>Super
deals as much damage as
J. HK>St. HP>QCF+MK>Cr. MP>V-Trigger>Cr. MK>Super

Tizoc

I'm surprised you scrubs hadn't noticed what day it was recently. And you talk about the game oh so regularly.

notworksafe

Ended up spending 7 hours in game last night between story and local VS. Story is retarded and pointless. Laura is quite fun though. I messed with her, Cammy, and Birdie and she was the most fun of the three. Birdie is interesting though. I can't figure out the best way to bully with Cammy, too used to playing SF4 and stuck in those habits.

I'm guessing I can't change my CFN name by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom