• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Their own delay based code

Jesus Christ I really wish folks like ASW or Lab Zero would just put up Netcode implementation as a third party contractor service. Get so far along, contact ASW, get the netcode built around your shit for you. Complete fantasy though given how early in on coding you'd likely need them to be involved to get it setup right, but still we need a quality third party set of experts to help guide people through this these days. Too few are able to hit their goals with netcode at all. I think Mike Z helped make KI's netcode though.

They should have just called the disconnect error Error #37, I would have gotten a good chuckle out of that.

On a related note because the OT is going a million miles a minute, what exactly should I be doing with Chun in V-Trigger. Barely played any of the Betas and haven't watched a ton of footage so I'm unaware of a lot of basic stuff. Outside of being able to cancel certain things with it (which isn't Chun specific) it doesn't seem to add properties to any of her moves (?), and it causes her normals to do white life chip damage but other than that not sure what I should be doing with it?

4/5 Raid 2's

It makes her medium attacks do 2 hits and her hard attacks do 3.

You can combo into it for good damage or go into it then try to open the opponent up since her overhead can combo with it on.

BadWolf

Cross posting:

The Hong Kong C3 Expo's KOFXIV demo to have 3 more playable characters (King, Billy and Robert).

Yg1vw8G.jpg

notworksafe

Jesus Christ I really wish folks like ASW or Lab Zero would just put up Netcode implementation as a third party contractor service. Get so far along, contact ASW, get the netcode built around your shit for you. Complete fantasy though given how early in on coding you'd likely need them to be involved to get it setup right, but still we need a quality third party set of experts to help guide people through this these days. Too few are able to hit their goals with netcode at all. I think Mike Z helped make KI's netcode though.

Because Capcom and Netherealm did such a great job implementing the third party PS3 driver

JeTmAn81

In tribute to Capcom I am rushing out an updated web application today at work with 75% of features missing (all but the thing that actually needs to be working today).

MrDaravon

It makes her medium attacks do 2 hits and her hard attacks do 3.

You can combo into it for good damage or go into it then try to open the opponent up since her overhead can combo with it on.

So it's just an extender/more damage on some of her regular button combos? Also by overhead you mean her down forward MK move?

Discovered by accident that her forward HK will switch sides/cross up people when they're on the ground, so good.

GorillaJu

I can tolerate the lack of SP content and the rocky server issues at launch, but dammit a mainline street fighter game should be a polished graphical package. Hair clipping, inexplicable titty bounce, 30fps background characters and god awful shadow dithering..

Unlike content additions I don't hold out any hope that these things will be fixed and it's a damn shame. I really am enjoying the game and it'll only get better from here, but it's so disappointing that the graphical issues were just let in as is.

Rhapsody

Banned
Still...this feels longer to me that Continuum Shift Extend. I honestly think Blaz Blue holds a record for longest story modes or something. This might be a standard "For Blaz Blue" but not anyone else apparently.

Also what kind of netcode is BB using? Doesn't feel like rollback...its nice.

I don't really like BB netcode that much. It's really annoying to deal with at higher levels because of the stuff that can happen lol
You'll get players forming lots of roll habits because of it among other things.

I liked Persona's netcode much more but part of that is because there's less going on regarding options.

joe2187

Banned
Reminder for my Giveaway. This is for the full game + All DLC on PS4

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (joe2187, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

1hFaqwB.png
Guilty Gear Xrd PS4 (PSN) -- MB-FDBEF91218B1C174 - Taken by VariantX. 14 entrants total.

t1455672639z1.png

If you win, dont forget to PM me for all the DLC Characters codes as well as alt color codes.

Eh, blow it up and it looks more weird.

Iori looks cool, too. Some of the guys on the left-hand side look sickly. King is giving me a bit more confidence, though.

Oh, I blew the image up first thing. I still think they look pretty good. Like, compare the Andy in that picture to that old Andy winpose image from Playstation Experience.

Dahbomb

I am so dreading DMC5 now.

Like this is the best Capcom can manage on one of their biggest franchises after Sony money hats and 4 betas?

I can't imagine what's going to happen in DMC5. Online connected, can't acquire Souls/Orbs offline, no Bloody Palace on launch, no costumes, no cutscenes viewer, no training room, no enemy step, half of the story will come months laters (and will just be 2 hours long for a 4 hour campaign), no difficulty modes.

Bones May Cry 5

Reminder for my Giveaway. This is for the full game + All DLC on PS4

If you win, dont forget to PM me for all the DLC Characters codes as well as alt color codes.
If I already own the game, would you be against me entering? I've been planning on getting a digital copy for my arcade cabinet PS

If Chun can do cr hp into legs and then continue the combo why isn't that part of her other combos? What's the rule I'm missing here? Is only one strength of legs able to do this and it won't link off anything but cr hp?

Dying to play! I've been out of town and don't get back till late tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom