• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

steam user reviews tend to be pretty damn useful, see arkham knight and other horrid PC ports.

and then see the NBA2K16 reviews where the main gripe is that you're "forced to be black" in story mode.

-----

meanwhile, in season pass hilarity, bethesda is going to up the price on theirs from $30 to $50 on March 1. Don't get any ideas, Capcom.

I wonder how hard it is to make sure you have enough server capacity for launch. Like I realize it's an exponential spike in usage and it's not economical to have that many servers, but can't you just rent out some sort of extra server space for the launch week? Can't they get some server racks and then return them to Best Buy when they're done? Do they have to sign up for like a year's worth of servers or something? Is it like a gym membership?

notworksafe

My favorite server related story was one Blizzard told about WoW. I guess they had months of backup servers and parts ready to go in a "plan for future" way so that they could repair their launch servers if anything went wrong.

The ended up putting every single one of those servers into service on launch week lol

Beckx

yata update

Surprise! The dev team has delivered an updated build of Yatagarasu AoC which we've pushed it live right away for your gaming pleasure.

The new version makes the following updates:

・Character color schemes that were created by IndieGoGo campaign donators are now available for use
・The display time of 1 frame in window mode has been adjusted to match the NESiCAxLive version
・Matching for online play has been optimized
・Ranking display has been improved
・Main menu design revision

The new build should update automatically from the Steam client. If it does not, check your update settings (right click Yatagarasu AoC in the Steam Library and select Properties > Updates > Automatic Updates), and restart the Steam client.

** Please Note **
The GGPO implementation is still progress, and we will have an announcement soon about the delivery of outstanding perks such as the art book, custom art, etc. Thank you for your patience!

---------------------

My favorite server related story was one Blizzard told about WoW. I guess they had months of backup servers and parts ready to go in a "plan for future" way so that they could repair their launch servers if anything went wrong.

The ended up putting every single one of those servers into service on launch week lol

that whole period was hilarious b/c of all the hubris that EQ2 was going to crush WoW, and it was apparent that the reverse was going to be true within a month of launch.

Dahbomb

and then see the NBA2K16 reviews where the main gripe is that you're "forced to be black" in story mode.

-----

meanwhile, in season pass hilarity, bethesda is going to up the price on theirs from $30 to $50 on March 1. Don't get any ideas, Capcom.
Season pass is probably one of the worst things to come out of gaming in recent years. And they keep getting away with it due to pre-order hype culture.

"Please allow me to throw money at screen to show how big of a fan I am!"

Beckx

Season pass is probably one of the worst things to come out of gaming in recent years. And they keep getting away with it due to pre-order hype culture.

"Please allow me to throw money at screen to show how big of a fan I am!"

but you can't dare to say anything like how the default price of a AAA game is now $90+ because of the horde of defenders who will crash in to explain how the DLC wasn't in the main budget, etc. etc.

Line_HTX

yata update

Good for them to keep working on the game. I always enjoy watching it, albeit only when it's on Mando's stream, lol

Now if only they could go back to the original audio where the characters didn't sound weird, and there also needs to be an option to turn that one default voice navigator OFF. It's always drowning out the other navigators and keeps butting in even more than vanilla SF4 did.

shaowebb

Holy shit, I am still on story mode in Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend. How many hours is this? No way I'm getting through this in under 10...

So far I've done all of remix heart, The prologue, and it says I'm on episode 5 of the main branch and episode 2 of both the branches on either side.
Looking it up it says I have this many story branches JUST on the main story, not counting the recap of everything I missed in extend stories and Calamity Trigger.

• Chronophantasma: Prologue, 1-7, 8-13, 14-15, 16-18, Epilogue
  • Six Heroes: 1-2, 3-5, 6-8
  • Sector Seven: 1-3, 4-7, 8-9

But it doesn't list how many branching stories exist per episode and ep 1 and 2 had three to watch.

Story is great, but damn no wonder I never get around to playing...

Oh hey, by the way hows the Street Fighter V stuff goin' everybody? Story mode or any of the single player modes alright?

shaowebb

Diablo 3 release status

BBCP story is about 30 hours long

lol other games story modes

C6Wu0h2.gif

LOL. Anime fighters doin God's work. Whose poverty now lol?

MrDaravon

Diablo 3 release status

They should have just called the disconnect error Error #37, I would have gotten a good chuckle out of that.

On a related note because the OT is going a million miles a minute, what exactly should I be doing with Chun in V-Trigger. Barely played any of the Betas and haven't watched a ton of footage so I'm unaware of a lot of basic stuff. Outside of being able to cancel certain things with it (which isn't Chun specific) it doesn't seem to add properties to any of her moves (?), and it causes her normals to do white life chip damage but other than that not sure what I should be doing with it?

So Capcom is going to hire Iron Galaxy to take over for DIMPS?

4/5 Raid 2's

shaowebb

Isn't that more or less the same or shorter than CSEX or CPEX?

Still...this feels longer to me that Continuum Shift Extend. I honestly think Blaz Blue holds a record for longest story modes or something. This might be a standard "For Blaz Blue" but not anyone else apparently.

Also what kind of netcode is BB using? Doesn't feel like rollback...its nice.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Isn't that more or less the same or shorter than CSEX or CPEX?
BBCPEX is longer because it has more stuff in it.

But bbcs in general is shorter because the way they did it. Bbcp is one straight story path with a few rare joke endings that are irrelevant.

Bbcs is a bunch of short story paths with bad paths and a joke ending each.

Of you add all those up it can be kinda long, but Bbcp and BBCPEX is basically one straight 30 hour story

Beckx

I wish ArcSys would up their PC release game. I had a lot of fun playing BB Vita's story mode, and wouldn't mind having a new one, But buying the current game on Steam when it comes out seems weird when there's a new game in the series about to hit.

though i guess CF isn't announced for consoles so it might be months before that hits.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bless Capcom for allowing Anime to prosper for the next day or two or however long people can't play SFV instead.

So merciful.

beSFiXF.png

Beckx

yes, Steam reviews sure are helpful

wow iv bought the season pass and i have no value out of it at all , nothing!
Capcom have basically robbed me and from what iv read all the characters iv paid for can be unlocked anyway from just playing the game....so what exactly have i bought here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom