• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Ryu™ is getting a Funko POP figure.

Cj6ZFOhVAAAu2X2.jpg

omg

mbpm1

I guess my gripe is that it feels that more and more people are leaving and almost turning this place into a dead OT. I dunno, I feel frustrated that there's more silence than random talk on all of the different games like back then...

:|

Discord killed FGCGaf

Tripon

Each Red Bull Proving Grounds event will be partnered with existing tournaments across the country and organized by some of the biggest and most well-respected people in the fighting game community:

Eric Small of bigE Gaming (Philadelphia)
Larry Dixon of Final Round (Atlanta)
Alex Valle and Jimmy Nguyen of Level Up (Los Angeles)
Noah Vandercook of Ignite Gaming Lounge (Chicago)
Deniz Bengisoy of Northwest Majors (Seattle)
Justin Baisden of Super Steel City Fight Night (Toronto)
Winners from each region will be flown to the Red Bull Santa Monica eSports Studio to battle it out and crown one winner to be seated in the Red Bull Battle Grounds Finals bracket.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160601006547/en/Red-Bull-Partners-Capcom-Host-2016-Capcom

Jebailey gets AVYD, ShinBlanka and BigE gets Redbull? Kappa.
----
Daigo Umehara 梅原大吾Verified account
‏@daigothebeast
今週のBeasTVで大発表がある. 6月4日 11:00JST~
There will be a big announcement on this week's BeasTV.

6月!
View translation

https://twitter.com/daigothebeast/status/738357903145324544

Beckx

@BearUNLV
#CEO2016 by the #'s as of this tweet @CEOGaming:

Smash4 712
SFV 616
Melee 491
PT 256
T7 233
XRD 115
MKXL 117
UMvC3 107
USF4 80
KI 69

----------------------

C'mon, you guys. Story Mode is not the end all, be all most important thing for fighting games.

i think that's true enough if we're isolating the importance of the NRS style big cinematic story mode

but

i tend to agree with something Bungie folks said several years ago: story is context for action. Capcom used to be very good at using the story/lore snippets in their games, combined with the stages, costumes, designs, and the rest of the art and music to provide a coherent overall context. my personal view is that's one of the things most lacking in SFV (and of course Bungie themselves fucked this up when you compare vanilla Destiny to Taken King or prior Bungie stuff)

SolarPowered gets it right, in that the community that coalesced around Skullgirls did so in part based on that story/world context, and that was driven in large part by the art stills & voices from story mode.

so no, taken as an individual thing, a story mode in SFV isn't important. but in the larger context there's something missing in SFV's overall feel.

Anne

I guess my gripe is that it feels that more and more people are leaving and almost turning this place into a dead OT. I dunno, I feel frustrated that there's more silence than random talk on all of the different games like back then...

I honestly don't post that much here cause the type of shit I like to talk about isn't really brought up that much or is glossed over. That, and GAF has been pretty bad lately so I haven't been on here much in general. I do just hang out in discord and talk about smut these days.

NEO0MJ

I honestly don't post that much here cause the type of shit I like to talk about isn't really brought up that much or is glossed over. That, and GAF has been pretty bad lately so I haven't been on here much in general. I do just hang out in discord and talk about smut these days.

Link please :D

BadWolf

How's the execution different in KOF14?
Harder,easier or the same as 13?

People who have played it have said that it's easier, the combos are much shorter too.

Xian (who played it at Stunfest) said in an interview that he expects the game to be a lot easier to learn for newer players.

Numb

People who have played it have said that it's easier, the combos are much shorter too.

Xian (who played it at Stunfest) said in an interview that he expects the game to be a lot easier to learn for newer players.

Awesome.
Not gonna deny my skills in 13 are garbage
Looking forward to it even more.

Nuu

Banned
Thanks. I'm going to hold off Koihime Enbu, Arcana Hearts 3, and Melty Blood till they get cheaper on steam. I want to get into Guilty Gear but I don't like the fact that there could be iterations of their games which is going to make me spend more money just to be up to date with the series. Same with BB. It happened with MvC3 when I got a special edition of that game then many months later UMvC3 came out, didn't bother getting that game. As for Dengeki, I'll ask my brothers if they're willing to play that game with me if I get it. I have Skullgirls, I remember putting some practice doing combos with Valentine and other characters I was interested in based off looks. But I'm very terrible against players who are better than me. I don't have the motivation in getting back to that game right now.

Skullgirls players are like the most helpful people ever. Ask any common online player, even me, and they'll show you the ropes in the training room.

Personally I'm posting less in GAF in general. The site has gone to shit and I'm getting too old to post here.

Thulius

General execution in KoF14 didn't feel notably easier or harder than 13 to me but no drive cancels and shorter combos means it'll be easier to optimize, of course.

I got a lot of accidental supers with Mai so maybe inputs are more lenient, but she didn't have a double qcf super in 13 so I don't have a real point of comparison there.

shaowebb

General execution in KoF14 didn't feel notably easier or harder than 13 to me but no drive cancels and shorter combos means it'll be easier to optimize, of course.

I got a lot of accidental supers with Mai so maybe inputs are more lenient, but she didn't have a double qcf super in 13 so I don't have a real point of comparison there.

So far from what I'm seeing in the move lists you want be needing a lot of shortcut stuff like KOF 13 is what it seems to boil down to. If it needed a shortcut it seems like its mainly done via some kind of quarter circle motion now.

Shouta

What are fighting games? I now am an Overwatch player, SlightlyKappa

Since I don't have any real option for offline play right now, I haven't been super interested in playing any FG, really. I plan on getting back into it. For now, I'm clearing my game, anime, and manga backlog while I play Overwatch, lol.

Kumubou

the only way to insult tekken fans is to tell them their investment portfolio is at least 5% inefficient

KappaLowEffort
Hopefully I can diversify my portfolio of stocks and bonds enough so that I can be a Tekken player by the time the new version is out on consoles (and PC?).

Thankfully, Namco is giving me enough time for that capital appreciation to occur.
Unfortunately, I'm also projected to be dead due to old age.

Numb

Since I don't have any real option for offline play right now, I haven't been super interested in playing any FG, really. I plan on getting back into it. For now, I'm clearing my game, anime, and manga backlog while I play Overwatch, lol.
OW pretty easy hole to fall in
Need more modes to be honest

-------

Clown juggling is the best Tekken insult
reinhardt mirror match is footsies though
ends with one shielding then get command grabbed through a wall

Way to insult the fans of Tekken there, Gamespot...

Insult? Nah. The video was actually pretty solid for a press video. The girl pretty much knew what she was talking about. The whole "Can Tekken make a comeback" thing is just click bait. They don't dog on the series at all really, they just want a console port like everyone else

Shouta

reinhardt mirror match is footsies though

The entire game is footsies until you RTSD! It's hilarious when you get pistol kills with Mercy because you're reading your opponent like a book and don't understand the effective range of their weapons, lol.

I like playing Winston because I suck with m/kb and he's super easy.

Winston is super scary on m/kb if you're fast because he's so mobile and can be a hard target to hit, even more so after his Ult because you can force all your opponents to scatter, breaking their guard, more or less.

Owensboro

it's really weird to see how many people have a hate boner for the fgc in that noel thread

As someone who mostly lurks this thread because I feel like 1) I don't have enough skill and/or know enough about fighting games in general to make what I consider a "worthwhile" contribution to discussions (see any of my rare attempts to add where I regularly get smacked down) and 2) misses most inside jokes / obvious sarcasm because I'm a rube and not on the inside, I can totally see why. It's kind of like how people fear the MOBA crowd, I imagine. I've definitely never gotten super big into DOTA2 simply because I don't want to deal with being told I suck all the time. Hell, I'm afraid to ask you guys for matches in SFV because I'm a solid Bronze to Super-Bronze (~1000) player and I feel like I'd be wasting everyone's time.

When certain people feel like they can't join a group, or at least have had bad experiences with that group, they tend to just talk shit about them. Basically, everything is high school and y'all can be intimidating.

Winston is super scary on m/kb if you're fast because he's so mobile and can be a hard target to hit, even more so after his Ult because you can force all your opponents to scatter, breaking their guard, more or less.

Yeah I can only imagine what high level play of him looks like in the hands of a good player. His lunge and his shield makes him super hard to hit, and his weapon is a good check against mobile/lower HP characters like tracer.

And his ult is especially good when you need to push people away from the payload or if they're gathered around an area where they can easily fall to their death.

Getting Xrd-R?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom