• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Well it's exactly what I was talking about it, and I guess you just supported my statement. Thanks.
No problem. Thanks for supporting my reasons for not coming here much.
Everyone is leaving...

:(
Everyone I enjoy talking to, I talk elsewhere. The most discussion that gets here is drama, sales, etc. That's fine and all, but I don't come here to have gameplay discussions anymore. Just gaming news on the first couple pages and then checking community once in a blue moon.
What unblockables? =3
https://twitter.com/kubo0055/status/737109352276860930

Obviously resources are involved and practicality depends on how this character progresses.

Pompadour

https://twitter.com/kubo0055/status/737109352276860930[/url]

Obviously resources are involved and practicality depends on how this character progresses.

God, Kum looks sick. I didn't think I'd ever leave Slayer for another character but I might for this guy/girl.

pizzacat

Banned
So there's actually been a lot less hype as Revelator is getting closer to release date then when Xrd originally launched on console. I guess the initial wow factor, the anticipation, the thirst for a new release has worn off.

Let's remember the good times I guess like

https://youtu.be/OYkPEJ95uKM

ArtisticZigzagGalapagospenguin.gif
IT PROVES NOTHING (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It was pretty hype tho ;~;

listened to the Bombcast and they mentioned that Capcom is showing story mode to press today.
Oh man I Hope Jeff just comes back next week not giving a fuck and just rips it

Line_HTX

No problem. Thanks for supporting my reasons for not coming here much.

Everyone I enjoy talking to, I talk elsewhere. The most discussion that gets here is drama, sales, etc. That's fine and all, but I don't come here to have gameplay discussions anymore. Just gaming news on the first couple pages and then checking community once in a blue moon.

I understand. I just wish there were more different things to talk about with more people, y'know?

:T

kirblar

Why not just ban him for 5 years if there are going to be more "potential" tournaments after 2017? I'm happy that ComboBreaker is sending a message, but I dunno, I think it should've been definitively longer.
Given the context, going full nuclear would not have been appropriate.

BlizzKrut

Banned
IT PROVES NOTHING (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It was pretty hype tho ;~;

Oh man I Hope Jeff just comes back next week not giving a fuck and just rips it

So you're wanting the Story Mode to be bad? If so that's a terrible thought.

pizzacat

Banned
So you're wanting the Story Mode to be bad? If so that's a terrible thought.
Could be bad or good. I wouldn't know or find out. I'm not the one of the many(?) asking for story mode in SFV.

But when Jeff gerstmann rips into something it's pretty funny.

C'mon, you guys. Story Mode is not the end all, be all most important thing for fighting games.
There are people on this website that swear by the dungeon mode in Soul Cal 2?

Like what? You mean the mode that forced you to fight the same character like 15 times just to reward you with an equipment for a specific fighter you don't use? Like what? Lmao

I don't even see the whole arcade mode thing either. Fix the gameplay issues but too many people are out there saying gameplay is gdlk and there's no content

Kalamari

I am a Jeff Gerstmann fan as well due to the fact that he doesn't tiptoe around when he likes or dislikes something, he's pretty blunt when discussing games.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Given the context, going full nuclear would not have been appropriate.

Indeed. If I am reading the thread on Main Gaming side correctly - it seems there was inappropriate behavior on both sides?

EDIT: I think the punishment makes sense - two year ban and then go from there. No point in going nuclear based on the context of the situation between the two.

DunpealD

I enjoyed Xrd Sign, but eh not really into Arcsys' business model anymore so I'm passing on Revelator. :\

Same here. Saving my money KoFXIV instead.
Might bite when it gets on sale in 2 months after release for 30 bucks like xrd sign.

I don't post often because I've been sick plus the capcom wankfest got old ages ago

wankfest or beatdown? I haven't seen anything positive about Capcom recently.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
xmen was pretty disappointing... there's some really cool shit in it but it's like they forgot everything that made days of future past a great movie

not X3 bad because it wasn't written by a child but really not a good movie...

shaowebb

Yeah, it really does turn into a capcom circlejerk most places. Definitely true about Capcom getting browbeaten lately though. Honestly, I've had more fun with NRS titles and games that were pushed out by either Examu, ASW, or French Bread for years now. Especially NRS.

Heh, Nintendo is doing a better job of putting up numbers these days. Still hope they just buy out capcom someday. They'd do right by their franchises. Okami would definitely make a return given their stylus stuff, Megaman was born for maker/amiibo stuff, Bayo proves that DMC would have a home, I've seen some interesting stuff for survival horror that'd work well with their tech, lord knows Monster Hunter has a friend in Nintendo, they seem to love them some SRPG lately, their Musou success bodes well for Sengoku Basara, and in general they put up more attendees and account for more major titles in the FGC lately than other folks.

This sorta dreaming leads nowhere though. I've waxed poetic with tons of other folks before about how good a fit it is. Till Capcom finally flushes it aint happening and they'll ride that Monster Hunter money breaking even or slowing the fall for quite awhile yet.

Zissou

So there's actually been a lot less hype as Revelator is getting closer to release date then when Xrd originally launched on console. I guess the initial wow factor, the anticipation, the thirst for a new release has worn off.

https://youtu.be/OYkPEJ95uKM

ArtisticZigzagGalapagospenguin.gif

Sign was this unprecedented graphical overhaul and seemed like a good jumping in point for the series. Rev looks even nicer, but it's not the same magnitude of graphical leap and it's more of a revision than something full on brand new. Even for Sign, there wasn't tons of discussion in the first place.

Personally, I just kinda got discouraged at the amount of time/work it takes to get decent at GG, so I'm taking a break at the moment.

I don't post often because I've been sick plus the capcom wankfest got old ages ago

If fans of non-Capcom fighters abstain from the community, doesn't it become a bigger wankfest?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Heh, Nintendo is doing a better job of putting up numbers these days. Still hope they just buy out capcom someday. They'd do right by their franchises. Okami would definitely make a return given their stylus stuff, Megaman was born for maker/amiibo stuff, Bayo proves that DMC would have a home, I've seen some interesting stuff for survival horror that'd work well with their tech, lord knows Monster Hunter has a friend in Nintendo, they seem to love them some SRPG lately, their Musou success bodes well for Sengoku Basara, and in general they put up more attendees and account for more major titles in the FGC lately than other folks.

Yes give it to the other company with a shitton of ips that people bitch they don't make use of

Where's this wankfest?
He just means that anime games are ignored.

But Q has to live long enough to get heel-stomped by my Nine.

I'm SO hype for Revelator, but it's really Dizzy that I want. The fact that her release date is unknown unsettles me. I am going to give Raven a try, otherwise I guess it'll sit there for a while. :-/

DunpealD

Snakeeyes finally streaming again after almost 2mnths

8 frames of delay hitting his streaming schedule.

Yes give it to the other company with a shitton of ips that people bitch they don't make use of

Marvel vs Capcom: Federation Force Party. Marvel and Capcom at the Olympic games. Street Fighter Origins now with 100% more waggle and second screen action for more control and hadouken can now be controlled with gamepad to anti air.

I hope xxx company buys xxx company always seems like the worst idea.

Numb

8 frames of delay hitting his streaming schedule.

Marvel vs Capcom: Federation Force Party. Marvel and Capcom at the Olympic games. Street Fighter Origins now with 100% more waggle and second screen action for more control and hadouken can now be controlled with gamepad to anti air.

I hope xxx company buys xxx company always seems like the worst idea.

damn

vulva

xmen was pretty disappointing... there's some really cool shit in it but it's like they forgot everything that made days of future past a great movie

not X3 bad because it wasn't written by a child but really not a good movie...
Gonna see xman tonight. I'm in a beautiful state of unemployment and no access to most of my stuff so I'm reaching peak boredom

Nuu

Banned
The FGC is nowhere near the Capcom circle jerk that it was ten years ago. For example the majority of 2D fighters at Evo aren't by Capcom, back in the day it used to be ALL of them.

Skilletor

The FGC is nowhere near the Capcom circle jerk that it was ten years ago. For example the majority of 2D fighters at Evo aren't by Capcom, back in the day it used to be ALL of them.

I feel like people bitch about capcom and play the games out of spite or something. It's far more common to see people bitching about SF4 and SF5, imo, than to see people praising them.

FGC caught in that loop of hating to play a game that everybody plays.

Kumubou

I don't really write much about fighting games here because frankly, I don't think most people care. People's eyes were glossing over reading the Melty Blood OT, and that was a rather general overview. Most people don't want to get into the weeds in regards to any game... and that's fine, honestly. It's just not going to fit the people that do.

Regarding lack of hype for Xrd:Revelator outside of core players: ArcSys had their one shot to get people's attention and they blew it. You generally don't get second chances at people's attention spans, especially given all of the options people have for entertainment nowadays. They actually have a lot of content added that could have driven engagement over the last year and a half... but now they have a hat in hand asking for another $60 18 months later and no one has time for that. I don't think ArcSys cares much now since they still have that arcade revenue coming in (and management can't be happy about tanking arcade revenue for a console release that sold ~25,000 units in Japan), but that's a shrinking market now and it's only getting worse.

I feel like people bitch about capcom and play the games out of spite or something. It's far more common to see people bitching about SF4 and SF5, imo, than to see people praising them.

I think a lot of the people hating on and playing SF5 don't hate the game itself, but rather all of the bullshit surrounding the moment to moment combat. And can you blame them? Life would be a lot easier for everyone involved if Capcom didn't fuck up as badly as they did.

Nuu

Banned
Revelator should be a $30 title at most.

I actually like SFV. The hate isn't so much that SFV is the worst game ever, just that people would like more variety.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

I don't post in here much anymore because when I do stop by, people are just shitting on the games that I do play (Capcom games) without fail.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DunpealD

I think a lot of the people hating on and playing SF5 don't hate the game itself, but rather all of the bullshit surrounding the moment to moment combat. And can you blame them? Life would be a lot easier for everyone involved if Capcom didn't fuck up as badly as they did.

I doubt that there is anyone to disagree. SFV had a ton of potential and delivered only on gameplay and barely functionality. In the end what we got was just broken dreams and left with the hope they somehow can turn it around.
The model is great for fighting games imo, but the execution was Capcpom.

That's exaggerated, there is some production value behind it.
But they should at least offer an upgrade option for xrd sign buyers.

Pompadour

I actually like SFV. The hate isn't so much that SFV is the worst game ever, just that people would like more variety.

Revelator should be a $60 title people don't have to buy. Meaning if you want the updated and rebalanced game, you get it for free if you have Sign. If you want the new characters, pay $8 or whatever ridiculous amount they're charging for them. If you want the updated single player stuff and another season of visual novel + cutscenes, pay the $60.

Of course, this is very likely to make ASW lose money as Guilty Gear is a niche series in a niche genre so they kind of have to charge their dedicated fanbase over and over.

Coda

That's exaggerated, there is some production value behind it. But they should at least offer an upgrade option for xrd sign buyers.

Yeah it is strange that they're not offering it as a $20 dollar expansion if you already own SIGN. How does that not make sense for them? I guess they did it so much with Blaz Blue that they can do it with Guilty Gear too.

Yeah it is strange that they're not offering it as a $20 dollar expansion if you already own SIGN. How does that not make sense for them? I guess they did it so much with Blaz Blue that they can do it with Guilty Gear too.
most blazblue releases are full new games, revelator feels like BBExtend releases, but with a full game price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom