• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

If you haven't played SFV with V Sync off you really should. It's kind of hilarious how much of a difference it makes. I'd actually try to play it again if the PS4 version was like that it's so different.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
SFIV was totally a borefest that people tuned into NLBC not for Smug's badass Dudley but because he dresses up like Fresh Prince some times.

People tuned into Aquasilk not because of his Gief bodying people with oh moments but because he has a nice smile and he reminded people of Cool Runnings.

I swear people say so many dumbshit about SFIV just because they didn't like the game.

The Light

I don't watch much of a sfv but will say I think the damage is fine. Pretty much done in 2 to 3 combos. Feel that is fine medium for people who like old school damage and those who like swag combos of modern fighters
All of the discontent about SFV can really work to KoF14's advantage if SNK doesn't make any dumb mistakes (i.e. crappy netcode).
Doubt it tbh. Even if netcode was good there would be just another excuse to not play such as learn 3 characters.

I'm not following what you're referring to in my post in regards to SFxT. That game was probably THE most boring to watch on the tournament circuit. Where did I say that was more hype than SF4?

It's not that you did. It's that you used Marvel.

For arguments sake, lets say Marvel is the most hype game. If you're free to compare it #1 to undersell SF4, then I'm free to compare it to dead last to oversell it.

The point is, you don't even have a definition of what "boring" and "hype" are.

Malice215

All this complaining about SFV when we know damn well that people aren't going to play a different fighting game.

SFV is good and the tournament numbers reflect that. It would be in a better position if the launch of the game wasn't screwed to epic proportions and it didn't have so much input delay. Those things can be fixed (hopefully).

SF4 had a great run, but people were long ready to move on, and the game got dry as hell outside of the tournaments with international competition. Give SFV more than 4 months and it will be fine.

It's not that you did. It's that you used Marvel.

For arguments sake, lets say Marvel is the most hype game. If you're free to compare it #1 to undersell SF4, then I'm free to compare it to dead last to oversell it.

The point is, you don't even have a definition of what "boring" and "hype" are.

The person I was responding to didn't have a totally objective definition either, thus I'm not sure why you think having a hard definition of hype is crucial to this conversation of semi-subjective terms.

I mean I didn't see you having issues with his post either. I also never said I was deciding anything for the community, not sure what exactly that was inferred from.

.la1n

My definition of hype can change based on game being played and situations within the game itself. I also believe people are allowed to consider any game they want the best or most hype without backlash. I think the internet trolls (and some members/players of the FGC) have the "shit on every fighting game that isn't my favorite" market cornered, they don't need the rest of us jumping onboard.

Which is exactly why I thought filipinoman's uninformed knee jerk tweet was in such bad taste. Why poison the well more when others already do enmasse every day.

SFIV was totally a borefest that people tuned into NLBC not for Smug's badass Dudley but because he dresses up like Fresh Prince some times.

People tuned into Aquasilk not because of his Gief bodying people with oh moments but because he has a nice smile and he reminded people of Cool Runnings.

I swear people say so many dumbshit about SFIV just because they didn't like the game.

SFIV had multiple PPV streams and people on this very forum trying to pirate them because it was boring obviously

The person I was responding to didn't have a totally objective definition either, thus I'm not sure why you think having a hard definition of hype is crucial to this conversation of semi-subjective terms.

Are you serious? You were tallying number of posts on FGW as proof.

Kalamari

People that play sf won't move on to another game, they'll keep playing sf and bitching about it, or they won't play anything at all and bitch about it.

I believe that is true to some extent, but part of the reason players are reluctant to try something different is because the alternatives are too anime for them or there is nobody to play with. This is where I think KoF has a great opportunity, the game isn't too anime and there will be lots of people to play against (as long as the netcode isn't garbage).

But some people like to bitch no matter what, whether their concerns are valid or not.

CkLzuh2VAAALieW.jpg

https://twitter.com/nobita_4/status/739421272531042305

I think I am mostly bothered by this implying there is a training stage in Revelator.

kirblar

reads are hype
marvel taught me combos aren't hype (to me)
Marvel's a game which needs to have the boggle game reset hard relatively often in order to keep the game in a "discovery" phase as much as possible. If it had patches it'd still be hype today.

Tripon

Speaking of SFV, I'm surprised that the Devs are still sticking to that road map despite publicly disavowing it. There's no reason to stick with June as the release date for Story mode, hell, they probably should have made sure that was the first thing to release....

Skilletor

I believe that is true to some extent, but part of the reason players are reluctant to try something different is because the alternatives are too anime for them or there is nobody to play with. This is where I think KoF has a great opportunity, the game isn't too anime and there will be lots of people to play against (as long as the netcode isn't garbage).

But some people like to bitch no matter what, whether their concerns are valid or not.

KOF has been around forever. So has pretty much every other fighter anybody could name as an alternative to sf.

SFIV had multiple PPV streams and people on this very forum trying to pirate them because it was boring obviously

Are you serious? You were tallying number of posts on FGW as proof.

I said there were popular discussion on Marvel which indicated it's popularity and hype, which is indeed semi-subjective. You're getting mad at both using and not using metrics.

You seem to be totally unaware of what you're actually trying to argue with me about. You seem to think myself and others are saying SF4 wasn't popular which no one has said. Let's be honest, you didn't actually answer my question on why you didn't have an issue with the other poster because he aligned with your opinion.

.la1n

People are going way overboard with the SFV hate, it's a fantastic fighter.

They'll move on to hating something else eventually, it's the circle of fighting games. Street Fighter V is just the easiest target right now because it's only fun for them to hate something popular. Trolls need an audience after all.

SF4 was garbage. SFxT 2013 was way better.
SFV is a good game, even if it's far from being perfect atm.

Amen.

All of the discontent about SFV can really work to KoF14's advantage if SNK doesn't make any dumb mistakes (i.e. crappy netcode).

Nope. Having played the game it looks like it will be an ok episode but that's it. It feels like KOF and that's cool but it lacks something. The feeling I have is that they're making the Vanilla SF4 of KOF to be honest.

Nah KOF14 is already dead imo, it can work for GGXrd Revelator tho' (And even Tekken if lord Harada helps us)
You're absolutely right sir. I complained about this few days ago somewhere else, it's fine if you don't like SFV, but the Stockholm Syndrome is real for some people. If you don't like the game, play something else.

More Killer Instinct please.

Neoxon

They'll move on to hating something else eventually, it's the circle of fighting games. Street Fighter V is just the easiest target right now because it's only fun for them to hate something popular. Trolls need an audience after all.
Same thing happened with Vanilla MvC3 & Vanilla SFIV. It's like clockwork.

yea it's totally trolls and not because capcom fucked up AGAIN.

Dahbomb

The SFV hate boner is really over the top right now.

I will just say that a lot of pro players would look at SFV differently if that input lag was reduced. A lot of Snake Eyes reservations with the game revolve around that plus bad Zangief.

Kumubou

You'd be right about the content, but we're talking about the gameplay.
Making a good core game experience isn't enough to drive a major title in this day and age. Besides, if I want to play a good fighting game regardless of external circumstances, there are a whole bunch of other games I could play (or attempt to play, anyway).

Kalamari

Nope. Having played the game it looks like it will be an ok episode but that's it. It feels like KOF and that's cool but it lacks something. The feeling I have is that they're making the Vanilla SF4 of KOF to be honest.

KOF has been around forever. So has pretty much every other fighter anybody could name as an alternative to sf.

Color me optimistic then, I am really hoping things will be different this time (if the netcode is good.)

I thought it reduces screen tearing? If anything frame rate should improve if you turn it off.

It eliminates screen tearing but it also uncaps the frame rate, so yes it should fluctuate. However SFV runs on Unreal Engine which has frame rate smoothing and frame limiting built into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom