• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuck-uk

Banned
lol what SF4 hype? Marvel at it's peak was matching it's numbers and may have stayed that way if Capcom hadn't abandoned it. Marvel was certainly talked about more on here when it wasn't half dead.

SF4 is one of the least hype fighters in recent memory, sure it was a good game but it was boring as hell to watch outside of big tournaments with international competition.

Marvel was only big in the US though. In Europe more people played Tekken/KOF13 than Marvel by a margin.

SF4 was the biggest worldwide game

shaowebb

Or maybe I'm not mentally retarded so I can understand that a game using slightly touched up assets from 1980s hardware does not equate to a big budget?

Trust me when I say that knowing a budget based on looking at the touched up older assets used in a fighting game is no way to judge what it actually cost to make. Like at all. In the slightest. EVER.

shaowebb

maybe the dream of a console release isnt dead

I thought Under Night Exe:Late ST was supposed to hit PS4 at some point? Was that only speculation and not official?
I'd hate for both it AND Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars to be seemingly forever only at the arcades along with Tekken.

I thought Under Night Exe:Late ST was supposed to hit PS4 at some point? Was that only speculation and not official?
I'd hate for both it AND Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars to be seemingly forever only at the arcades along with Tekken.

That (sort of) recent French Bread interview makes it obvious that st is coming to consoles. Too lazy to grab it atm

pixelish

jiyuna just mentioned on his stream that he is on the chopping block by capcom japan for his commentary at tokyo button mashers yesterday.

daigo dickriders, please give jiyuna your full support during this trying times

What was wrong with his commentary?
He said things like homeless mov, mago is korean, etc... (all things that the jpn stream monsters and 2ch say) and the daigo thread on 2ch snitched on him. That thread is worse than r kappa, and they hate on everyone including Daigo. I think tokido is left alone, though in sf4, he was shit on too.

AAK

https://twitter.com/TekkenGamercom/status/739781973493862400

Ign will reveal the launch date for Tekken 7 during E3.

How do you know it's a reveal of a launch date and not just a demo of the T7.0/T7FR versions being circulated accross all the Wizard World + Tekken tour events?

EDIT: Are you referring to this tweet? That's the launch date of the fan website, not the game Tekken 7 from Namco.

There will be no Tekken 7 console release announcements at E3. You're not gonna hear anything about that until after the arcade version of FR (scheduled to) comes out in July

Tripon

How do you know it's a reveal of a launch date and not just a demo of the T7.0/T7FR versions being circulated accross all the Wizard World + Tekken tour events?

EDIT: Are you referring to this tweet? That's the launch date of the fan website, not the game Tekken 7 from Namco.

My mistake, I thought it was related to the game.

『Inaba Resident』;205792157 said:
That (sort of) recent French Bread interview makes it obvious that st is coming to consoles. Too lazy to grab it atm
if you wouldnt mind when you get a second I'd like to read that. The last I remember was anime ascension when they had ST running with PS4 buttons and everyone thought it was an early console build, but they said on twitter "dont get your hopes up"

Kalamari

jiyuna just mentioned on his stream that he is on the chopping block by capcom japan for his commentary at tokyo button mashers yesterday.

Capcom Japan fed up with foreigner shit, they are probably lobbying to have a wall built around Roppongi so they can't escape.

mbpm1

CkLzuh2VAAALieW.jpg:large

RIP waifu

BadWolf

Fuck.

That commentary was amazing.

if you wouldnt mind when you get a second I'd like to read that. The last I remember was anime ascension when they had ST running with PS4 buttons and everyone thought it was an early console build, but they said on twitter "dont get your hopes up"

http://shoryuken.com/2015/12/30/french-bread-prepping-console-and-arcade-releases-for-2016/

“In 2016 we’re planning to release a proper console version of (that game you know about) and a new-ish arcade game,”

Sounds like [st] to me

Malice215

Capcom is really making sure that SFV is boring as fuck with all these rules when the previous seasons went along fine without them. I'm also not surprised that Jiyuna would be on the chopping block with his Daigo dickriding levels on 100 while joking about grabbing butts right after the Noel Brown ban.

At least he was entertaining.

To be honest Jiyuna's nonsense is what I want from the commentary. Keeps things entertaining while you wait for 1 or 2 interesting matches to show up on stream.

Sayad

If he's really on the chopping block, saying something like this is what would give the go ahead to cut him off, dude is probably trolling.

Tripon

Wow, MKX got hit with the bat.

Xrd gets midday finals which means Japan is waking up to Xrd around 6am/7am JDT time instead of the 1AM JDT they are used to.

Kumubou

It's possible that Aksys was planning on publishing the game internationally but then didn't end up with the rights. ArcSys has already been moving to self-publish internationally on digital storefronts, and if UNIEST was theoretically a digital-only release they wouldn't need anyone else.

Shinji Hosoe ftw
No lies detected.

Dahbomb

EVO Sunday Finals order according to Wizard

MKXL
UMvC3
GGXrd:R
Melee
SFV
UMVC3 got better spot than expected. Though surprised it got spot over GGXrd when MrWizard usually likes to use the "morning Japan" excuse.

Blech. Why does Smash 4 get the shaft? Why isn't Marvel on Saturday?
Melee. Also Smash 4 being on Saturday is really old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom